Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Toolmannz2
Hi Team Tekin firstly thanks again for this great esc you guys rock now about the only thing that I can see would be helpfull would being able to save our esc profiles so when we go to tracks we have already raced at we can just call them up
In the works. As long as we do not get a lot of powder days anytime soon it should not be long. Hotwire engineer is a serious snow junkie! Had to settle out the Vista 64 and new Windows 7 issues since that is where we are going whether we like it or not.

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Build in a datalogger feature so we can actually SEE what the motor is doing on the track. :
In the plans to let you read some rpm data from the esc and see it in the hotwire.

Hopefully everyone caught that you should not set the boost higher than 30deg in any version except 203 even though unfortunately the Hotwire will allow you to do it.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi
I just downloaded the new software and Im kinda lost. I'm am looking for a base setting .car is a TC5, reedy lipo (5000) 35c with 21.5 novak and Im running vta in St.Catherines Ontario (Niagara indoor ) .Im not sure of the track size but it is a a far size track that changes every weekend.

I have set all base setting to what I had previously
Im going to use the 203 version ???
End RPM I set to 4000 and start RPM to 13000 I have no clue if this would be ok or not
Turbo ramp is at 2

LMK
Thanks in advance
Matt
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
In the works. As long as we do not get a lot of powder days anytime soon it should not be long. Hotwire engineer is a serious snow junkie! Had to settle out the Vista 64 and new Windows 7 issues since that is where we are going whether we like it or not.

In the plans to let you read some rpm data from the esc and see it in the hotwire.

Hopefully everyone caught that you should not set the boost higher than 30deg in any version except 203 even though unfortunately the Hotwire will allow you to do it.
Awesome!! We appreciate your products and development!!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

And for mods?, In Dual mode, the rpm band have the same function, or not actuate or this version improve in other form in Dual mode, too.

I tested, some moths back with 4.0 and 5.5 mod motors, in sensored mode, with very litle TMB and litle turbo or not, and negative timming in motors, etc... and are very excesive powerfull with v200, not more driveables, now with 203, do you think is possible to go with mods, too, tomorrow go to track for first testing, new car, new track, new software, a lot of new stuff, in the morning i go to maintenance the v200 config, but in evening i like to test with the new features in 203, any suggestion for mod?

Happy 2010, Luis C.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde

I havent tested mine yet but I'm speaking from my experience working with my Mamba Max Pro. Believe it or not, my 11.5T max timing end rpm is set at 55,000rpm in CHEAT mode and it rips like a b!#ch in heat!
Hi cyanyde, I see you have some experience with a 11.5T and a MM Pro. Have you by chance tried the 11.5 with the new Tekin v203?

If so are you able to give me a ballpark FDR to work with for a medium sized track (about 40 m x 20m)? Was running at 7.15 for v200. Now with v203 I'm not sure which way i shld go. Seems like there's a way out for either approach?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic
And for mods?, In Dual mode, the rpm band have the same function, or not actuate or this version improve in other form in Dual mode, too.

I tested, some moths back with 4.0 and 5.5 mod motors, in sensored mode, with very litle TMB and litle turbo or not, and negative timming in motors, etc... and are very excesive powerfull with v200, not more driveables, now with 203, do you think is possible to go with mods, too, tomorrow go to track for first testing, new car, new track, new software, a lot of new stuff, in the morning i go to maintenance the v200 config, but in evening i like to test with the new features in 203, any suggestion for mod?

Happy 2010, Luis C.
I am going to try to test with a 7.5 tomorrow, if I can get my second car together, this will be in touring car though. The RPM control, might make the motors much smoother, conserving tyres.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
On the PC interface, DON'T use black text on a black background (the interface buttons). Please change the text to something lighter, like grey, white, red... etc, so taht you can actually SEE what the buttons do on the interface. Right now I have to click each one every single time to find what I was looking for, until I eventually have it memorized.
Ditto this! Please at least make it readable. That means NOT red...it is the hardest color for the eye to see with clarity. Just because the brand is black and dark red doesn't mean EVERYTHING on the UI has to be black and dark red.

I really hate to be so blunt, because I know what it feels like to have your baby criticized (trust me!). But the usability of the software is...well...pretty horrible. I'm a software developer, and I really do appreciate the creativity and work that has gone into this, but it has to be functional and usable FIRST. I have no interest in playing "guess which random black area you should click/righ-click/hover on next?" when the Main is coming up in 2 minutes...

I'd be MUCH happier if all the time spent making the UI look "fancy" were spent adding real features to an otherwise mundane (but intuitive) UI. I want to impress my friends with my car's speed on track...not showing off the Hotwire software on my laptop.

Beyond that comment, how about a simple graph that plots the timing curve? Something to give the use a visual appreciation of what's REALLY going on when I fiddle with boost/turbo/etc.

There are so many ways to use all your UI creativity in a genuinely productive manner. If you wanted to flex those fancy UI skills in genuinely useful way, you could make a 3D graph with motor timing, RPM, and time (or load, if that's what you're measuring) plotted on Y, X, and Z axis, respectively. Or let me drag the curve on the graph. Shoot me an IM if you run out of ideas...I'm happy to help.

Neal
Old 01-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, is in touring car, too. Here the tracks are very huges for 1/8 - 1/10 nitro cars, normally a litle straight is about 40-50m (130-160 ft) and normal are about 230 ft, we run with rubbers tyres.

Well, tomorrow testing some setups and posting the results, Do you now if the rpm range actuate in Dual mode ? , the advance button is present in this mode too.

Happy 2010, Luis C.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

It would be really helpful if when you post your setup you describe the car, motor and battery.

As for the software, I would like to see the ability to simply type in a Start RPM rather than use the calc function. The setup that I think would work best with our 2S Lipo, 17.5 Pan Cars starts at 4000 RPM but when I try to set that up I an only choose 4607 or 2850 RPM to start.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

maybe start putting your info here, http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...up-thread.html
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

well i had a great day,i started with my 13.5 gearing in 17.5 played with the rpm range and was happy with what i finished with.there was also someone there with a rs that had 180 so i put 203 in it and we had different setups but very close.i ended up with tq,fastest lap and faster than 13.5 so i was very pleased but the car could be better.i think i had a 12.5s with 17.5 and last race with 13.5 with the blue esc it was 12.5s.but i could make it better.my temps were 1 led 100 motor.the other racer 140+

Last edited by 20 SMOKE; 01-02-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
well i had a great day,i started with my 13.5 gearing in 17.5 played with the rpm range and was happy with what i finished with.there was also someone there with a rs that had 180 so i put 203 in it and we had different setups but very close.i ended up with tq,fastest lap and faster than 13.5 so i was very pleased but the car could be better.i think i had a 12.5 with 17.5 and last race with 13.5 with the blue esc it was 12.5.but i could make it better.my temps were 1 led 100 motor.the other racer 140+
Hey Jaime

What kind of track were you running. How about a full setup for those of us stuck at home till the track opens.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

I drove today with the V203 IN MY tc with a 10,5 LRP X11 on 2 cell lipo.

I started gearing heavier but after testing a very light setup it was incredible.
I started at 8,2FDR, than 9,17FDR and also tested 10,4FDR.
Even with the 10,4FDR the car hath an incredible top speed.
I now need some power at the start.

Here is my current setup.
Boost 37
Turbo max
Throttle 5
Brake 85%
Turbo delay 0,2
Turbo ramping 3
RPM 7500 - 4990.
9,2FDR

Now do I want some extra power in the infield but I don't now what to do.
My motor temp stays under the 180F
Must I higher my top RPM and lower RPM?
Will this give me more power in the infield?
The top speed is incredible. The car flies but I want some more infield speed and I don't now how to get it.
As i lower my Boost I must gear a lot heavier. I loose a lot of top speed.

I changed my car setup and that also improved a lot but accelerating is still a bit to slow.
The brakes are improved a lot.
It brakes great.
I want to race on a bigger track to see what it can do.
The top speed is fantastic.

Tomorrow the race. wanted to film a bit but was to impressed with the V203.
My club member improved with the same setup today with 0,4sec a lap.
His first word after hitting the straight was WOOOOOWWW!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i had a great day,i started with my 13.5 gearing in 17.5 played with the rpm range and was happy with what i finished with.there was also someone there with a rs that had 180 so i put 203 in it and we had different setups but very close.i ended up with tq,fastest lap and faster than 13.5 so i was very pleased but the car could be better.i think i had a 12.5 with 17.5 and last race with 13.5 with the blue esc it was 12.5.but i could make it better.my temps were 1 led 100 motor.the other racer 140+
What were your final settings?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well I had a great day today. I started off with using the gearing that I normally would for a 13.5, only I ran a 17.5 instead. I played with the rpm range and was happy with what I finished with and will post my settings later.

There was also someone there with a rs that had version 180, so I put version 203 in it, and even though we had different setups, we ended up very close to one another. I ended up with tq, fastest lap and faster than 13.5 so I was very pleased with the results, but the car could be better.

I think I had a 12.5 lap with the 17.5 motor today, where at our last race, I ran a 13.5 using a blue esc and the best lap I could get was a 12.5. I can probably make it better with some more testing. My temps were 1 led on the esc, 100* on the motor while the other racer was 140*+
Fixed it for for you since we can tell that you were overwhelmed with excitement having had the chance to run the new software today.

Please share what you settings were along with the size of the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.