Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Widening up the timing boost start/end rpm will effectively change the "ramp rate" of timing boost.

SO if it' narrow like Yang has it, he's preffering that narrow powerband. This would make sense to me because he's on carpet and he races onroad a lot mroe than I do.

I prefer it to be have more "spacing" for lack of a better term, especially in offroad. In offroad(my forte) the narrow start/end rpm is TOO much power and simply lights up the tires and makes the car hard to drive.

Turbo should really only be needed for larger tracks and should have a god amount of delay. If you're down lower than .2 on a average size track you should try a different adjustment first(like motor timing).

Gearing should be changed according to laptimes and feel rather than just motor temps as most of you found this software runs super cool now.

Glad to see everyone is getting it sorte out.

If you're having install issues there are a few things to try:

Turn off your anti virus before the install(turn it on when it's done)
Make sure you're an Administrator on the system/computer
If you run XP make sure to run the "setup.bat" file first, then setup.exe
A restart is also helpful to clear the memory BEFORE installing the new software
Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Who's in the hell is MR FRED H.... Oh Doctor Phil....is that you behind the key broad
This guy think everyone elses is the problem but him...I'm done
Ill send you a PM about fred hubbard....
Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gortan
hi...

i tried v203 today and was impressed with the difference...
i run an xray t2 009 TC with 2S... 10.5 redline and rs pro.

my v200 setup was:
12 boost
max turbo
0.7 delay
with temperature around 60^C

my v203 setup is
40 boost (4000-12000rpm ramp)
max turbo
0.5 delay
with temperature around 55^C

overall the car is faster...pulls harder and tops out higher...
the track is biggish.. 55Metres straight...

fdr is 5.29 on rubber asphalt.

would you change anything?

g
Hi Gortan
so what motor timing were you using with this?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Team Tekin

Thank all of you for supporting us

Tell us what needs to be changed. We do have some other features in mind and new versions are sure to come. Honestly not sure we can make it any faster, but we have thought that before.

There may be a Hotwire 4.1 very soon however. It looks like we missed something in Hotwire 4.0 that was just released. The Hotwire should not allow you to adjust the boost above 30deg in any version other than 203. If you do set 40 or 50 boost in version 200 or lower things will run very hot and bad things could happen. It is just too much too soon and some have melted motors.

MAKE SURE YOU SEE v203 IN THE CURRENT VERSION BOX IN THE HOTWIRE WHEN YOU PLUG IN THE ESC TO MAKE CHANGES!

Looks like 4.1 may be out soon. That is actually OK since we still have to finish the smaller version for notebooks and we have solved the Vista riddle so installs should be click and go without deleting any special files from now on.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Team Tekin firstly thanks again for this great esc you guys rock now about the only thing that I can see would be helpfull would being able to save our esc profiles so when we go to tracks we have already raced at we can just call them up
Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin

Tell us what needs to be changed. We do have some other features in mind and new versions are sure to come. Honestly not sure we can make it any faster, but we have thought that before.
Tekin Prez
Build in a datalogger feature so we can actually SEE what the motor is doing on the track. Data that needs to be logged and reviewable on a PC: RPM, Timing advance, and Amp draw. Then have the PC program be able to graph things like Timing vs RPM and Amp draw vs RPM. This will allow the next generation of timing control: 3D timing maps with timing cells on an AMP vs RPM graph. Just like tuning a real car engine. But without a datalogger, this will be impossible to tune well. Have this ready anytime in the next two weeks and I'll test it for ya
Old 01-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mhavlena
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
Then your track sucks. The RS isn't doign anything that other ESC's arent already doing under the hood.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by schurcr
I had this same issue as well. Running mid on the boost timming 45 with 15 on the turbo, rpm from 764 - 4505, with turbo ramp on 2. Track is fairly small 30x70. Yang, gotta wonder if that's why the AE BD esc usese a receiver pack right to the ESC in a 1s application? I wonder if the booster is able to deal with the amp draw that the new 203 software is putting on the battery? Needless to say I've gone to a receiver pack and I'm having no issues now.
Same issue with the Novak Booster. Looked the instruction sheet and found it cuts the motor if the voltage dropped below 3.3v. The new timing/power must have caused the battery to dip below 3.3v. Receiver pack solved the problem.

btw, with 203 I ran a 10.3 lap time. You guys racing Sunday? We will be testing this afternoon. Need to look up the CRC setups for 13.5. I really think a 10.1 is possible.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so not much new in the form of setups today. there are races going on at the track. and to me when guys are racing, the data is not as accurate as when they are practicing. the adrenaline rush that people get when they race does not produce good data. but in observations here is what I am seeing:

A wideband rpm setting seam to give you an overall faster motor. it would be like dropping a 13.5 into your 17.5 car. it just makes the car faster everywhere. but you have to gear a little lighter.

the narrowband rpm setup seams to favor more of the heavy gearing and then using the timing boost to compensate for the lack of punch out of the corners.

I think both will work. it is just like vegas 200. the guys that were running 20/20 seam to gear a little lighter and the guys that run little to no timing boost gear a little heavier. but at the end of the straight it seam to even out. lap times were fast with either, just a matter of what you like. so if you are running out of teeth on the pinion, run the wideband rpms setups, and if you have dinner plate size pinions, you can get away with narrowband setup.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mhavlena
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
Banning this new software = stopping improvement

Why would manufacturers develop their products if they got banned if it is any better than competition. This is absolutely against the interest of racers - whatever color their esc is painted.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Tell us what needs to be changed.
Tekin Prez
There is ONE TINY LITTLE simple thing you guys need to change, that almost every single RS user has been complaining about since day one, and shouldn't take more than the tinniest amount of time and effort to change...and that is...

On the PC interface, DON'T use black text on a black background (the interface buttons). Please change the text to something lighter, like grey, white, red... etc, so taht you can actually SEE what the buttons do on the interface. Right now I have to click each one every single time to find what I was looking for, until I eventually have it memorized.

Honstely, I'm amazed it is STILL like that.

my two cents... thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

1) The LRP has voltage boost built-in, so no need for a booster/receiver with 1s.
2) The software needs a memory feature so we can store and recall setups from different cars/tracks.
3) Make different skins so it looks like other brands and will be legal everywhere.

Our track banned the AE BD on the basis of price. The theory was that when everyone caught up with AE speed without the cost. Yesterday there were 4-5 people practicing with 203 and one with the MM. They MM had great top end, but didn't seem to come off the corners as fast as 203.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

one thing I would like to see is to be able to look at the software without my hotwire or without a speedo plugged in. in the last couple of days, working with so many peopl and trying to explain the software was touch. I ended up clipping an image of the software just so I can use it for reference when I was asked a question. the only other way would be for me to have a spare rs and have the hotwire and rs plugged in.

i kinda like the feature that the software does not run without the hotwire plugged in and then it does not show the setting until you have a speedo plugged in, but being able to explian what all the new features are has been tough
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Here's some tip on finding the right setup for your motor.

First of all, forget turbo. Makes it more confusing and harder to figure out whats doing what.

Second of all, you will need to figure out at what rpm does your motor start to lose torque without any added software timing. This is exactly the rpm the esc should start advancing timing. To do this, start at around 8,000rpm or so and go down 1,000 or 500 rpm at a time until the best acceleration rate is found. The end rpm while doing this should be set at about 20-30k depending on motor wind with lower winds at the higher rpm range.

Third is the tricky part. Some motors loves to rev till the heavens come down and some don't. Just remember that topping it off too early will give too much timing to the motor and topping it out too late is just a waste of available timing. Again, start with a high number, say 20,000 rpm and work your way down/up from there.

Then comes turbo. Set it as you would previously. Let the turbo kick in as the car reaches max speed without turbo. This would depend highly on track layout and straight length. Start with 1 sec and work down from there.

Remember, tuning your esc is like setting up the car. One change at a time.

I havent tested mine yet but I'm speaking from my experience working with my Mamba Max Pro. Believe it or not, my 11.5T max timing end rpm is set at 55,000rpm in CHEAT mode and it rips like a b!#ch in heat!
Thank you for this help as it will help me to get the best out of 10.5 1c.
My problem I feel may have been bad software as when I ran it with v200 exactly same setup it was fine I even flashed new software twice.
Brett
Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I am looking for a setup for my 1/12 17.5 1cell car, I run on a medium -large track v200
brake strenght 100
neutral width 1
motor type bl-fw
throttle profile 5
turbo boost max
turbo delay .6
sensored
I what like to know the cross setup for v203

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.