Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
I think this is how the old software and new software work in comparison to each other. Version 200 was like 3 mechanical stops. 1 for timing in the motor, 1 for Boost and 1 for Turbo.

The new software has the first stop in the motor same as the old software. From there once it hits the user set low rpm it can choose one of three profiles or ramps to get to the second user set rpm. The ramp choice will determine how fast or slow the boost setting set by the user will come in. This portion is directly related todegrees of timing to rpm and not throttle position (I am guessing on this but it makes sense) After in hits the second rpm point, if the throttle is still wide open, after the turbo delay is met in tenths of seconds the turbo will come in all at once as it did on the old software.

You've almost got it. Turbo in the old software ramped in on a timer (1 sec at full turbo).

With the new software, the boost timing that you have drawn is correct except the turbo frofiles control how fast the turbo ramps in not how the boost ramps up.

It's hard to graph out because the Boost has an X axis that's RPM and the Turbo has an X axis that's time.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
You've almost got it. Turbo in the old software ramped in on a timer (1 sec at full turbo).

With the new software, the boost timing that you have drawn is correct except the turbo frofiles control how fast the turbo ramps in not how the boost ramps up.

It's hard to graph out because the Boost has an X axis that's RPM and the Turbo has an X axis that's time.
Yeah I realized that but I didn't want to insert a second graph inside the new profile changing the axis from rpm to time. Would have been somewhat confusing so I cheated.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I think this is how the old software and new software work in comparison to each other. Version 200 was like 3 mechanical stops. 1 for timing in the motor, 1 for Boost and 1 for Turbo.

The new software has the first stop in the motor same as the old software. From there once it hits the user set low rpm it can choose one of three profiles or ramps to get to the second user set rpm. The ramp choice will determine how fast or slow the boost setting set by the user will come in. This portion is directly related todegrees of timing to rpm and not throttle position (I am guessing on this but it makes sense) After in hits the second rpm point, if the throttle is still wide open, after the turbo delay is met in tenths of seconds the turbo will come in all at once as it did on the old software.
The turbo ramp is for turbo only and has nothing to do with Boost. The thing that affects how fast boost comes in is how larger or Small the RPM window is. Smaller the window is the more punchy it will feel and the larger the window is the smoother it will feel.

Turbo delay is like it always has been if you hold the trigger wide open for the set time it will start ramping in. Again how fast it ramps in is determined by the turbo ramp(1,2,3) The aim is to set the delay so it doesn't ramp in on the short shots since that will create heat in the motor. Turbo should only come in on the straight away.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So knowing how it works lets put the points in.

Low RPM should be your slowest corner exit?
High RPM should be highest infield speed?
Turbo should hit on the straight at about 110% of high infield RPM?

Ramp would be determined by how tight the track is?

Initial timing should be as low as possible, 5 degrees?

Would these set points be correct, any thoughts?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
I am curious about this too as I have seen some posts claiming an issue with the RS & the Ballitic motor....Any help, advice, comments or in particular personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
I've been running Ballistic 17.5 for months and haven't had any issues. I don't think it's the fastest motor, but it functions properly.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Will the motor run cooler with a narrow rpm range or with a wider rpm range?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default V203

Thanks Randy

Last edited by Goingfast; 01-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I've been running Ballistic 17.5 for months and haven't had any issues. I don't think it's the fastest motor, but it functions properly.
Thanks. Functions properly is what I was interested in. Since it is in a 2wd off-road buggy; not being the fastest motor wasn't really my top concern.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi
Could soneones please E-mail me the new software V203 program to [email protected] Thanks
NEGATORY, peeps please don't ask for software in the manner. Randy has already asked that in order to get the update you register with Tekin. Please respect their requirements. Thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you have to delete all previous Tekin programs before this will load? I take it that the e-mail comes right after you register, no wait time?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

yes and yes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

So knowing how it works lets put the points in.

Low RPM should be your slowest corner exit?
High RPM should be highest infield speed?
Turbo should hit on the straight at about 110% of high infield RPM?

Ramp would be determined by how tight the track is?

Initial timing should be as low as possible, 5 degrees?

Would these set points be correct, any thoughts?
Cammer,

Very well stated! This is pretty much how I was breaking down the parts required for setup. Add me to the list of drivers looking to hear what response comes back to the outline above!

An additional question I had was toward maximizing the use of Timing Boost prior to the Turbo (estimating your delay setting). By using a stopwatch, could you Time the midrange infield run that produces the highest RPM or highest infield speed as Cammer stated above? This, effectively, would be the amount of time you'd want to run on "Boost" coming onto the straightaway, before your "Turbo" begins adding it's advance and ramp settings. This would maximize use of Boost and be your starting point for "Delay"?

Aaron
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Yes and Yes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default delete all other versions out first

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Do you have to delete all previous Tekin programs before this will load? I take it that the e-mail comes right after you register, no wait time?
yes get rid of all the other tekin stuff and start fresh
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[

Last edited by Goingfast; 01-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.