Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

this is great mayhem..glad to be on the side, that put's that ridiculouis NON-SUPPORTED 350$ esc in check!! Sweet!..personally, i cant wait to bring the heat to em.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Has there been an explanation of how the Final and Starting RPM affects everything? I saw someone post that he set the Final RPM higher than the motors capability.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was going to move from 10.5 to 5.5 indoors for touring car, think I might have to get me a 13.5 now!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know it will take a while but something that describes what all the boost and turbo does might be good. I though I had a handle on everything but with this new stuff I'm lost again.

with the RPM adjustment is it no longer a delay but based on RPM? So 3500rpm will shift from first to second and 7000rpm from second to third? And the delay or 1, 2, or 3 plus the other delay?

Sorry but I am lost.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

The rpm settings adjust when boost will start and peak. So if you set boost to 50 and rpm to 2000 and 7000 it will start kicking in at 2000 rpm and peak at 7000.

Turbo will start after set delay and peak faster depending on what turbo setting you pick.

3 peaks faster than 2 and 2 peaks faster than 1.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Has there been an explanation of how the Final and Starting RPM affects everything? I saw someone post that he set the Final RPM higher than the motors capability.
Increasing the timing of the motor changes the KV of the motor. The KV rating is at a set timing (zero?) and we're advancing the timing (increasing the KV of the motor)

Free rev RPM is worthless anyway. It's always better to calculate the average RPM and go from there. Even better would be to log the max/min RPM using a datalogger (Novak).
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
I know it will take a while but something that describes what all the boost and turbo does might be good. I though I had a handle on everything but with this new stuff I'm lost again.

with the RPM adjustment is it no longer a delay but based on RPM? So 3500rpm will shift from first to second and 7000rpm from second to third? And the delay or 1, 2, or 3 plus the other delay?

Sorry but I am lost.
That's what I'm thinking... This going faster stuff is getting a lot more complicated. I'm starting to wonder if 5 or 6 different preset timing profiles would be any less effective. Find the gear and run it. When the newest update is available, we basically load a package of new profiles.

BUT, the people demanded it and now we have it, that is pretty cool still. Don't think I'm bitching about it.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
Guys, I am looking at buying an RS-Pro, need one due ot space restrictions lol, but have heard a few odd stories about compatibility with certain products.

I will be using it without Hotwire initially, so straight from the box, and combining it with a Novak Ballistic brushless motor and KO Helios 2.4ghz radio, the one with the tiny receivers.

Is this combo potentially going to have issues?
I am curious about this too as I have seen some posts claiming an issue with the RS & the Ballitic motor.

I like the the RS a lot (have it in my TA05v2 with eXpress Duo) and the form factor is the best.
I need a new ESC for my 2WD off-road buggy and considering the RS, but my motor is a Ballistic (10.5).
So I do have some concern as to whether or not there is really an issue (even though I don't know why there would be )
Any help, advice, comments or in particular personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Simple to fix, just copy the whole link and paste it in a new window and hit enter, it will then begin to download. Dont forget to remove any < or > off of the link when you cut or paste it.

What your email client is doing is leaving off the last part of the link, when you click on it it will do what you are experiencing.
still will not work, help.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Witch browser do you use?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Simple to fix, just copy the whole link and paste it in a new window and hit enter, it will then begin to download. Dont forget to remove any < or > off of the link when you cut or paste it.

What your email client is doing is leaving off the last part of the link, when you click on it it will do what you are experiencing.
i had to wipe out cookies and set so to accept any cookies to get it to work.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think this is how the old software and new software work in comparison to each other. Version 200 was like 3 mechanical stops. 1 for timing in the motor, 1 for Boost and 1 for Turbo.

The new software has the first stop in the motor same as the old software. From there once it hits the user set low rpm it can choose one of three profiles or ramps to get to the second user set rpm. The ramp choice will determine how fast or slow the boost setting set by the user will come in. This portion is directly related todegrees of timing to rpm and not throttle position (I am guessing on this but it makes sense) After in hits the second rpm point, if the throttle is still wide open, after the turbo delay is met in tenths of seconds the turbo will come in all at once as it did on the old software.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-old-timing.jpg   Tekin RS ESC sensored-new-timing.jpg  
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kawirider
i had to wipe out cookies and set so to accept any cookies to get it to work.
Also, if you register in one browser and then run a different one to download it will not work. e.g. if you register in Firefox and then your email software runs Internet Explorer when you click on the link to download, it will take you back to the registration screen again. You have to do everything in one browser.

Trev
Old 01-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cammer
I think this is how the old software and new software work in comparison to each other. Version 200 was like 3 mechanical stops. 1 for timing in the motor, 1 for Boost and 1 for Turbo.

The new software has the first stop in the motor same as the old software. From there once it hits the user set low rpm it can choose one of three profiles or ramps to get to the second user set rpm. The ramp choice will determine how fast or slow the boost setting set by the user will come in. This portion is directly related todegrees of timing to rpm and not throttle position (I am guessing on this but it makes sense) After in hits the second rpm point, if the throttle is still wide open, after the turbo delay is met in tenths of seconds the turbo will come in all at once as it did on the old software.
Turbo was already ramping.
Now you can set the ramping on what you like. it was 1 and now you can do 2 or 3 also.

Now you can adjust every thing so it goes to a next level much smoother.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cammer

Nearly but not quite. The ramp is for the turbo boost at the end, not the timing boost. This defines the speed the turbo boost timing comes in over time. With the delay before turbo boost comes in, it means all turbo boost is time based as it was before, but now more adjustable.

I think (emphasis on think, there may be things going on we don't know about) that you are correct with everything else for both 200 and 203.

Trev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.