Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default forum

Randy why can i not get into the forum and i use to get mail so whats up
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
+1
Motor winds shorted out will burn the speedo.
Yes that was me. I'm guessing it motor since that was the only variable I changed after the first run of the day. I just moved the timing from low hole to middle hole on a Duo 17.5. 2 bad speedo's later...I gave the motor to another guy at the to test and see what's wrong. Plan on getting a another one at a LHS so I have one to race with until the other 2 can be repaired. It's weird, both speedos can power the reciever and the servo but nothing lights up and both are not recognized by Hotwire.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I sent in 2 rs esc's 2 mounths ago and Tye said the internal caps had gone bad. Said he's only seen that on 2 other occasuns. This caused them to run fine for a minute and then slow down to a 3/4 throttle cruse with no bottom end power. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

If they do what I hope they are with the software, we won't have to mess with timing and boost much anymore! No more "mastering" the software I hope!

Anyone know if the tekin can measure motor temp like the novak's do with "thermal" detection?

Imagine software that interactively looks at amp draw, rpm, rate of acceleration, and temp then sets timing interactively?
That's where I hope they are going with the new software.

Then we can start debating what is a "driving aide".
Anyone notice the Kinetic brochure where it talks about minimizing wheelspin?

How about an algorithm that lets you set a maximum rate of acceleration for the motor? Not "traction control" exactly but would work well if you could map it against RPM.
At low rpm you would allow a higher rate of change than at high rpm.
MMMMM.

I'm looking forward to that board sensing radar on my next servo. Now that's something I really need.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jasons56
If they do what I hope they are with the software, we won't have to mess with timing and boost much anymore! No more "mastering" the software I hope!

Anyone know if the tekin can measure motor temp like the novak's do with "thermal" detection?

Imagine software that interactively looks at amp draw, rpm, rate of acceleration, and temp then sets timing interactively?
That's where I hope they are going with the new software.

Then we can start debating what is a "driving aide".
Anyone notice the Kinetic brochure where it talks about minimizing wheelspin?

How about an algorithm that lets you set a maximum rate of acceleration for the motor? Not "traction control" exactly but would work well if you could map it against RPM.
At low rpm you would allow a higher rate of change than at high rpm.
MMMMM.

I'm looking forward to that board sensing radar on my next servo. Now that's something I really need.

I have advocated for this ever since I bought the Tekin system back about a year ago. I hope even if they don't do it yet, they will give us a number of plots such as current vs efficiency, current vs rpm and such so we can make better use of the software, rather than guess and try.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you were running over timed but your motor and ESC don't get hot, can you still cause damage to the ESC or will it just be sluggish on the bottom end?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

saw a tekins driver new software today cant wait to get it.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Here are 2 short films of the track were I'm racing on.
This is from Saturday.

The Green car is a Tekin and the yellow a LRP driver.
Both with a LRP 10,5 X11.

I was faster than the yellow car that is currently the nr 2 of the Fun drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnR-kI9_jVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_a0cjLngU
Old 12-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
Here are 2 short films of the track were I'm racing on.
This is from Saturday.

The Green car is a Tekin and the yellow a LRP driver.
Both with a LRP 10,5 X11.

I was faster than the yellow car that is currently the nr 2 of the Fun drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnR-kI9_jVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_a0cjLngU
Great vid. However I wouldn't compare escs on a track like that.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theisgroup
I think you are on the right track. too much timing will cause the symptoms that you are describing. my first outing with the tekin was at vegas and one of my practices, mine did exactly the same thing. Randy looked at my setup and told me that I had too much timing for the motor to handle. Since this was my first outing, I just followed the crowd. and most were all about adding alot of timing as soon as possible. I now follow what greg sharpe posted. most of my setup are with 5-10 of timing boost, no motor timing and max on the turbo. I figure, if I am only using it on the straights, cranking the timing should not hurt. also my delay is 1.2sec. we have a huge track. our next layout will be more inline with an average size track and I will get to see what turbo delay is more inline with others. but then again with the new software, I think it is time to rethink how to setup the speedo again.
This is exactly the same as several of us are doing now in 12th scale in the UK, except keeping the delay down to 0.5 seconds (30m straight). If different sets of people are doing this independently it is likely to be the correct way of going about it, or at least one of them!

We'll have to wait and see what effect the new software has on this.

Trev
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
This is exactly the same as several of us are doing now in 12th scale in the UK, except keeping the delay down to 0.5 seconds (30m straight). If different sets of people are doing this independently it is likely to be the correct way of going about it, or at least one of them!

We'll have to wait and see what effect the new software has on this.

Trev
if you are running vegas 200, then it works real well. I did not run any turbo. but will try that as soon as I can get to the track again
Old 12-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

how much comprimise is the RS compared to the RS Pro ?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

only if you are running low turn mods
Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iPearl
how much comprimise is the RS compared to the RS Pro ?
The Pro is a little thicker as it has more FETs for running motors lower than 5.5 turns other than that they are the same ESC.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Well i know the RS limit is like 5.5

The lowest mod motor i got comfortable running is a 6.5 and even at that i havent been able to use all its speed.

I am trying to figure out if the more the RS and RS Pro would feel exactly the same ? or if the RS Pro has an advantage over the RS due to the added fets ?
Not talking in terms of being able to use a lower motor but lets say both using a 8.5 if there is any performance differences ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.