Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looking forward to trying out my RS Sun. This thing seems really SWEET
Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Did you manage to get ahold of one of us?

Not yet, sent an email to Ty. But I do not expect you guys to work at 11pm. Please send me a PM.

Last edited by Chris Furman; 12-19-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
Looking forward to trying out my RS Sun. This thing seems really SWEET
They are really sweet! It will be leaps and bounds over the GTB you had in the car
Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Avoid RS/RS Pro Smoking

These steps below from RS/RS Pro manual must be followed during installation of the new RS/RS Pro.

BRUSHLESS MOTORS
For RS/RS Pro Brushless Connection, Refer to Figure 6.

1) Connect the battery pack: BAT (+) to the speed control BAT (+) then BAT (-) to the speed control BAT (-).

2) IMPORTANT: Before connecting the motor, determine if the motor is sensored or sensorless and that you have the correct motor type selected on the speed control.

3) Select Motor Type: Press and release the MODE button 6
times to get to the MOTOR TYPE selection in the user settings. Press and release the INC button once to view the current motor type selected (brushless types are indicated by LEDs 1-3 lit). If necessary, continue to press and re- lease the INC button to scroll through the motor types until brushless motor type is selected.

4) Wiring: Connect A, B and C wires from the motor to the A, B and C posts on the Speed Control, verify this is correct for proper function. Determine whether you would prefer to use connectors from speed control to motor and from speed control to battery. Refer to the instructions in the Soldering section of this manual for more information and refer to Figure 1.

5) Power off the speed control and connect the motor wires, matching colors appropriately.

6) Power on the speed control, listen for the arming chime.
Congratulations, you are ready to drive!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
These steps below from RS/RS Pro manual must be followed during installation of the new RS/RS Pro.

BRUSHLESS MOTORS
For RS/RS Pro Brushless Connection, Refer to Figure 6.

1) Connect the battery pack: BAT (+) to the speed control BAT (+) then BAT (-) to the speed control BAT (-).

2) IMPORTANT: Before connecting the motor, determine if the motor is sensored or sensorless and that you have the correct motor type selected on the speed control.

3) Select Motor Type: Press and release the MODE button 6
times to get to the MOTOR TYPE selection in the user settings. Press and release the INC button once to view the current motor type selected (brushless types are indicated by LEDs 1-3 lit). If necessary, continue to press and re- lease the INC button to scroll through the motor types until brushless motor type is selected.

4) Wiring: Connect A, B and C wires from the motor to the A, B and C posts on the Speed Control, verify this is correct for proper function. Determine whether you would prefer to use connectors from speed control to motor and from speed control to battery. Refer to the instructions in the Soldering section of this manual for more information and refer to Figure 1.

5) Power off the speed control and connect the motor wires, matching colors appropriately.

6) Power on the speed control, listen for the arming chime.
Congratulations, you are ready to drive!

OR..... before mounting and soldering, plug into PC and upgrade Firmware. Adjust your ESC settings and Apply the changes then mount and solder. Program transmitter and then you are Ready to go.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by radwerx
I'm really not too sure about the size but it seems to be around 30+ metres for the straightaway.

So in other words I should not gear any heavier in your opinion? Instead I should use timing to help increase my RPM?

One thing I'm curious about is how much difference does a 0.1sec change in delay make? Cos 0.1 seconds seems like an awfully short amount of time for a human being to be able to detect. Haha.

Thanks for your help mikky.
Yes the Timing Boost will give you a higher top speed.
Go for 15 to 18 Boost and Turbo on max. Turbo delay on 0,7.
It's not a big difference. Play a bit with the Turbo delay and the Boost to find a smooth acceleration.
You want one smooth acceleration.
I think that for that straight, the Boost on 16 and Turbo delay on 0,7 will do.
What motor do you have? LRP?
I drove on a straight from about 40 meter and I used a 10,5 on 5 cell and that's a bit slower than 13,5 on lipo. I geared there from 6,5 to 6,78 with my Tekin redline motor. Boost 15 Turbo max and Turbo delay 0,8
Motor timing 10
Old 12-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I'd like to thank Tekin again for their outstanding customer service. I ordered an RS from them on Thursday. It came in the mail today with a Christmas card and a few pieces of candy. Nothing like making your business a little more personal. Thanks again for leading the industry in service.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I'd like to thank Tekin again for their outstanding customer service. I ordered an RS from them on Thursday. It came in the mail today with a Christmas card and a few pieces of candy. Nothing like making your business a little more personal. Thanks again for leading the industry in service.
Awwe, a card and candy!?! Tekin is soooo sweet

Good People
Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trerc
Awwe, a card and candy!?! Tekin is soooo sweet

Good People
Don't hate.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Lol
Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

I want candy
Old 12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

My car was first yesterday and today I trained and the car was flying.
Some drivers were not shore that the Tekin is really faster than the SPX.
Today Tekin was by far the fastest on the track.
Place 1 and 2 were Tekin and there were only 2 Tekin drivers els there were more Tekin drivers in the top 10.
The car was flying and the speedo showed how fast it really is.
My fastest lap was 13,75sec the nr 2 was 14,0sec and the first SPX didn't came under the 14,2sec.
I was driving on old tires. With new tires I would be even faster. These tires were 0,2 sec slower a lap than the ones I used in the race.
This was my setup.
Boost 8
Turbo max
Throttle 5
Push control 0
Brake 90%
Drag brake 0
7,57FDR
Motor LRP 10,5T X11

I drove with a car from an other driver.
He has a mi3 and mi4. I drove the mi4 with a LRP speedo.
The first meters are for Tekin. Than the speed is the same.
The Tekin field much smoother to it's top speed.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

i had some great testing with my rs with 13.5.as i geared down it was getting faster and could have gone more but didn't have any more options finished with 5.73 fdr but i want to get around 6-6.2
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Just got my new RS and need a little help. I installed all the updates for the hotwire interface. I then connected my esc to update it. I can't figure out how to set the turbo setting? Can someone help me figure out what I'm overlooking please?

The latest firmware update listed was 198.

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is this what the turbo kicking in is meant to sound like, sounds like the motors going to pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ddrinmKwYk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.