Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I think that's a bit too much (sesame street? Really?) I do understand that it can be "busy" for some...

I will post a screen shot of the interface when I'm given the thumbs up.

Thanks. Looking forward to an update.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I love sesame street. 10, 10 degrees of motor timing ah ah ah ah. I like th current interface. I just wish for a MacBook or 64 bit version. Yesterday, our entire a-main was running tekin. Different cars, different motors, all tekin speedos. I pulled the fastest lap on the current layout with a redline 17.5. Motor timing 12, boost 20 turbo max. .3 second delay. 5.3 fdr.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

+1 on a more business like user interface. Less time on "fancy"(ugly) graphics and more time on features like saving profiles! Standard windows graphics are all that is needed (and good programming practices would suggest!).
Old 12-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i'd say, quit spending time on the interface. I could care less what it looks like as long as I can set the "faster then the BD" settings.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I hope they can come up with a x/y axis graph with timing/rpm as the values. Forget the turbo delay and stuff... Thats how it is-ish with the Mamba Max Pro except there's no graph for the timing/rpm. Just the max timing and what rpm we want it to start to kick in and what rpm the timing reaches max. This way is very safe as you will not have too much timing at lower revs. Timing just increases as the revs increase...

Yep, that's what I wish for too. Efficiency would be another parameter good to have in a xy plot (versus either of the other two) too.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Yep, that's what I wish for too. Efficiency would be another parameter good to have in a xy plot (versus either of the other two) too.
Efficiency is going to be pretty hard without knowing exactly what motor is connected (and battery). I'd rather have some control over some of the other things that can be used to make more power (like how long the coils are energised).

A seperate advanced tab is a great way to seperate the basher settings from the racer settings.

Maybe instead of allowing completely adjustable timing curves there could be predefined curve shapes (onroad, offroad, oval, etc.). The user could pick a curve and then set the max timing and pick the max rpm that the motor will see.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yesterday with my RS Pro, I was not getting the usual chimes when first turned on. Only 4 lights flashed ( 2 outter one's) and not work, no throttle, it seemed at times I could roll the motor over then it would work, and other times I would have to recal. to radio
so I switched motors, still the same thing tried sensor wire still no fix

any thoughts on whats going on here??
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
Yesterday with my RS Pro, I was not getting the usual chimes when first turned on. Only 4 lights flashed ( 2 outter one's) and not work, no throttle, it seemed at times I could roll the motor over then it would work, and other times I would have to recal. to radio
so I switched motors, still the same thing tried sensor wire still no fix

any thoughts on whats going on here??
Your speedo is seeing the wrong motor type. If you're running brushless, it thinks you are hooked up to a brushed motor. Check all of your solder joints to make sure that there are no bridges to ground out different poles. That should take care of it.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GWH74
With this new interface / software PLEASE ensure that it is complied so it will work on 64bit machines.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

I have a exe. file that allows the hotwire to work with 64bit if your interested.

Luckily a hobbyist took it upon himself to spend a few hours making it work since tekin was more worried about making it look nice and fit on small laptops
Old 12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I love sesame street. 10, 10 degrees of motor timing ah ah ah ah. I like th current interface. I just wish for a MacBook or 64 bit version. Yesterday, our entire a-main was running tekin. Different cars, different motors, all tekin speedos. I pulled the fastest lap on the current layout with a redline 17.5. Motor timing 12, boost 20 turbo max. .3 second delay. 5.3 fdr.
stiltskin, what is your track like? Flowing, techniccal ? Length of longest straight?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scr_achy
I have a exe. file that allows the hotwire to work with 64bit if your interested.

Luckily a hobbyist took it upon himself to spend a few hours making it work since tekin was more worried about making it look nice and fit on small laptops
I would like to see this file: [email protected]
Old 12-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Micro-E
stiltskin, what is your track like? Flowing, techniccal ? Length of longest straight?

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbtPNTwgH4

Here's a link to yesterday's Amain. I started in second, took the lead on the carousel, clipped the corner into the sweeper, made some mistakes and took advantage of other's mistakes to win. White car. Track is 96 x 40.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow man really that's kind of harsh. I don't even own a Tekin speedo(Wish I did) and I can even tell you they are busting chops working on this stuff. Everyone seems to be so freaked with the new advanced speedo. I wouldn't even bother with that myself you can't upgrade it. Tekin is where it is at and where it will be for along time to come. Teking keep up the good work and maybe someone will come out too the 2010 USORC at Trackside this year. Randy you up for some Wisconsin winter?

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

is that 64 bit program available for distribution? I've got a new laptop that came with windows 7 64 bit and I really didn't want to have to load dual OS's.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey, think about it like this;

You paid less for your ESC then the LRP guys

You have the abilities to get free updates whenever they are released

You have limitless tuning ability

People still can't use the hotwire on a Mac. My dad does not even care's that Tekin has not addressed that. He just boot's up his vista side.

Tekin is working hard to make the ESC's as fast as the Black Diamonds and such for 1s, and work on there 2s game against the SPX and soon to be released SXX Stock Spec.

The fact that they may even be taking the time to make it work on 64 bit is awesome. They don't have too. Randy does not have to even post in this thread.

Your comment seemed a little intense when you already got so much. I payed more than you did for my SPX and I can't even plug it in.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.