Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A new "simple" interface is being worked on due to the Netbook craze. I carry a netbook to the track all the time and it's limited on screen space, it's coming.

The servo lead is standard Futaba style, you should be able to find those plugs at any decent hobby shop.

Don't always look for the ceiling of timing. Each setup is different. Make sure to use the avaiable torque your motor creates then add timing to stretch out the rpm's for longer tracks.

As an example Mark Calandara qualified 6th at the recent Cleveland race in Expert 10.5 WGT against all the other esc's out there running DUAL MODE running a Tekin Redline 10.5.

More timing is not always the answer....
Old 12-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LOSI123
I honestly believe the conectors that come on the tekin esc's are far to tight, i run a 100mmm servo extension which means its a different plug going in into my rx.

I have cracked the solder joints on the pins in specktrum rx because of this in the past

I think tekin make em tight as they know you will be pluging it in and out heaps for using the hotwire, but i beleive they are far too tight.
The connectors fit fine in all of my Spektrum receivers.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Im sure its been answered before, i just cant locate answer.. i have to hook up my tq booster to my rs, 1c appy...what is the proper order of doing so, and than if both switches are still present, wich order turning on, thanks in advance

tommy
I took this off the TQ cells website.

With the 1s Lipo's DEANS connector disconnected, the ESC's switch in the off position and your transmitter turned off ...

Get your 1s Lipo pack voltage checked at TECH (MAX. 4.22V)

Turn on your transmitter

Plug in the 1s Lipo DEANS connector

Turn on your 1s Lipo BOOSTER on-off switch

Turn on your ESC on-off switch (only necessary if your ESC has 1s Lipo voltage cut-off feature enabled)

LET'S GO 1s Lipo RACING!

Once the race is over...

Turn off your ESC switch

Turn off your 1s Lipo BOOSTER switch

Disconnect the 1s Lipo DEANS connector

Turn off your transmitter
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
A new "simple" interface is being worked on due to the Netbook craze. I carry a netbook to the track all the time and it's limited on screen space, it's coming.

The servo lead is standard Futaba style, you should be able to find those plugs at any decent hobby shop.

Don't always look for the ceiling of timing. Each setup is different. Make sure to use the avaiable torque your motor creates then add timing to stretch out the rpm's for longer tracks.

As an example Mark Calandara qualified 6th at the recent Cleveland race in Expert 10.5 WGT against all the other esc's out there running DUAL MODE running a Tekin Redline 10.5.

With this new interface / software PLEASE ensure that it is complied so it will work on 64bit machines.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys just got my first tekin rs and was trying to load it with the vegas 200 and I got from page 568 of this thread. My buddy has it in his and when he checks his version on his esc it says V200 but mine only says 200 is that correct
Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

mine only says 200 and i got it from this thread also.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
Hey guys just got my first tekin rs and was trying to load it with the vegas 200 and I got from page 568 of this thread. My buddy has it in his and when he checks his version on his esc it says V200 but mine only says 200 is that correct
Turbo delay:
  • 200: .5 (lowest)
  • Vegas: .2 (lowest)
Old 12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
Turbo delay:
  • 200: .5 (lowest)
  • Vegas: .2 (lowest)
It goes to .2 so it must be the vegas.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I hope it is without the crazy toys r us graphics and a bit more professional. When I first loaded hotwire I thought I installed one of my 22 month olds sesame street games.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
I hope it is without the crazy toys r us graphics and a bit more professional. When I first loaded hotwire I thought I installed one of my 22 month olds sesame street games.
What does it matter if you're happy with the actual software.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think that's a bit too much (sesame street? Really?) I do understand that it can be "busy" for some...

I will post a screen shot of the interface when I'm given the thumbs up.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Personnally I don't care what it looks like as long as it's easy to use. I am very happy with the way it is now. I don't need to look at the mantle piece whilst I'm stoking the fire.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

I think that's a bit too much (sesame street? Really?) I do understand that it can be "busy" for some...

I will post a screen shot of the interface when I'm given the thumbs up.
Personally I thought the old interface looked fine...except for the invisible words on the buttons.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I agree it's a bit of a pain to unplug the connector from the receiver every time you want to hook up to the hotwire. Is it possible to splice in a Y connector and leave the ESC connector plugged into the receiver all the time?
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

I hope they can come up with a x/y axis graph with timing/rpm as the values. Forget the turbo delay and stuff... Thats how it is-ish with the Mamba Max Pro except there's no graph for the timing/rpm. Just the max timing and what rpm we want it to start to kick in and what rpm the timing reaches max. This way is very safe as you will not have too much timing at lower revs. Timing just increases as the revs increase...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.