Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
I've never seen the Hotwire used by it self, I've only seen with it a RS/RSpro when its been used which is how I got my Hotwire and 1st RS.
I've seen them used for $30.00. Its not very often that they go separately though. Might as well knuckle under and buy one if you need it.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Guys,

Does anyone here have a good setup for the RS/RS PRO using a 21.5 BL using the version V200
I'll be racing at The Track "Mimi's" in MD
Also a good starting point for the FDR would help a lot

Thanks in advance...
I've been running mine around 10-15 boost/max turbo/0-5 motor/.5 delay/30-35 drag brake geared 5.4-5.5 coming off around 145 degrees. 5.2 would probably be ok but check your temps a lot at that FDR. My buddy runs 20 boost/max turbo/0 motor @ 5.7 FDR. Not sure what his exact temps are but I think its around 130. Both run similar lap times. The FDR on both are pretty conservative so you could lower the FDR a little on either setup and I think you'd be ok.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
I've been running mine around 10-15 boost/max turbo/0-5 motor/.5 delay/30-35 drag brake geared 5.4-5.5 coming off around 145 degrees. 5.2 would probably be ok but check your temps a lot at that FDR. My buddy runs 20 boost/max turbo/0 motor @ 5.7 FDR. Not sure what his exact temps are but I think its around 130. Both run similar lap times. The FDR on both are pretty conservative so you could lower the FDR a little on either setup and I think you'd be ok.
Thanks a lot!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got my problem fixed, I forgot about that stupid hiddin program you need to delete before upgrading.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Is there any performance gain/difference between the RS and RS Pro when running 17.5 or 13.5?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
Is there any performance gain/difference between the RS and RS Pro when running 17.5 or 13.5?

Nope
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

but pro has double the amount of fets on RS
Old 10-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Tekin Hotwire on Mac

Just FYI for you mac fans that are able to run windows in your machines

I got my Macbook to run my Hotwire through VMware with xp sp2 on it. I asked this a while back, after reading a bit I found that it could work. So IT WORKS! Many here on the boards told me to use boot camp and I didn't want to redo the computer to run windows through boot camp. Everything works fine and I used it this past weekend without any problems.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Just FYI for you mac fans that are able to run windows in your machines

I got my Macbook to run my Hotwire through VMware with xp sp2 on it. I asked this a while back, after reading a bit I found that it could work. So IT WORKS! Many here on the boards told me to use boot camp and I didn't want to redo the computer to run windows through boot camp. Everything works fine and I used it this past weekend without any problems.
Cool. Now we just need a Hotwire app for iPhones and/or smart phones.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

I tested on a small indoor track several setups with the Tekin RS Pro and a 10,5T LRP X11 with lipo.
I started with 18 Boost and lowered it to 15 Boost.
Kept full Turbo with a delay of 0,8Sec.
After some testing I got with the following setup my fastest lap.
Boost 5
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,45FDR

The other driver with the Tekin RS Pro used the following setup.
Boost 18
Turbo Max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,6FDR

We drive both a TOP Photon, TOP 5000 28C Lipo's, VTEC30 tires.
The only 2 things that are different are our radio and the car body.
Setup on the car was almost the same.
My fastest lap was 10,660sec
His fastest lap was 10,662sec
So lap times were very close

I'm going to work on my cars setup now, now I now what I must do to go faster. Accelerating the Tekin was the fastest of the day.
I lost still a lot in the corners but it was my first time again indoor and the other drivers train on that layout already for 3 weeks so I now that I will go faster.
Top speed was the same and I don't now if the Turbo kick in on the track but I will try next time 0 Boost and a Turbo delay 0,5sec.

The layout is on the moment not my favorite layout but after the race from 8 November we get an other layout.
We change it after every race. This makes it more fun and each time other drivers are more to the front or back in the field. the A final is mostly the same drivers but on other places. This keeps the championship interesting till the last race. It's always close.

Last year I drove 3 A finals and 2 times the B final. 1 time because I got problems with the car and the last race I was in the B final because I drove for the first time with a spool in stead of a one way.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Top speed was the same and I don't now if the Turbo kick in on the track but I will try next time 0 Boost and a Turbo delay 0,5sec.
If you're not seeing the turbo kick in you are probably either overgeared or the Turbo is kicking in too soon. The motor needs to rev out before the turbo kicks in in order to work well. If it kicks in too soon, the motor is just bogging down and heats up faster. (just like shifting a car too soon)

I normally start out without the turbo turned on. I gear for the infield and to get the car to top out about half way down the straight. To set the turbo delay, I've found that using a stop watch to time from full throttle entering the straight to when the car tops out will get the delay close. Shorter delay indoors and longer delay outdoors. For indoors, start low on the Turbo and work up until there is no gain in performance. Full Turbo indoors may not be the best.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by yokemad
but pro has double the amount of fets on RS
And the RS Pro has a higher "on" resistance. One of our local ace drivers went from the Pro to the RS and is good enough to notice the improvement. You do not need a Pro for 17.5 and 13.5.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred_B
If you're not seeing the turbo kick in you are probably either overgeared or the Turbo is kicking in too soon. The motor needs to rev out before the turbo kicks in in order to work well. If it kicks in too soon, the motor is just bogging down and heats up faster. (just like shifting a car too soon)

I normally start out without the turbo turned on. I gear for the infield and to get the car to top out about half way down the straight. To set the turbo delay, I've found that using a stop watch to time from full throttle entering the straight to when the car tops out will get the delay close. Shorter delay indoors and longer delay outdoors. For indoors, start low on the Turbo and work up until there is no gain in performance. Full Turbo indoors may not be the best.
Well I think that the straight was to short. I drove also without the Turbo and it was the same. The indoor track is very small and the straight is less than 12 meters. I hoped that I could get some turbo by lowering my Boost but the only thing I got was even more acceleration power and a very cool motor.
I will try next time Boost 0 and Turbo delay 0,5 instead of 0,8. It will come in sooner but I think that a 10,5T lipo is to fast to use the Turbo on such a small straight. And I don;t need the Turbo because I have the same top speed.
Acceleration is even faster.
I will try 0 boost with and without Turbo. See what it does.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikky32
I tested on a small indoor track several setups with the Tekin RS Pro and a 10,5T LRP X11 with lipo.
I started with 18 Boost and lowered it to 15 Boost.
Kept full Turbo with a delay of 0,8Sec.
After some testing I got with the following setup my fastest lap.
Boost 5
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,45FDR

The other driver with the Tekin RS Pro used the following setup.
Boost 18
Turbo Max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,6FDR

We drive both a TOP Photon, TOP 5000 28C Lipo's, VTEC30 tires.
The only 2 things that are different are our radio and the car body.
Setup on the car was almost the same.
My fastest lap was 10,660sec
His fastest lap was 10,662sec
So lap times were very close

I'm going to work on my cars setup now, now I now what I must do to go faster. Accelerating the Tekin was the fastest of the day.
I lost still a lot in the corners but it was my first time again indoor and the other drivers train on that layout already for 3 weeks so I now that I will go faster.

The layout is on the moment not my favorite layout but after the race from 8 November we get an other layout.
We change it after every race. This makes it more fun and each time other drivers are more to the front or back in the field. the A final is mostly the same drivers but on other places. This keeps the championship interesting till the last race. It's always close.

Last year I drove 3 A finals and 2 times the B final. 1 time because I got problems with the car and the last race I was in the B final because I drove for the first time with a spool in stead of a one way.
Mikky, I bet your clearing that long straight about the time the turbo starts to come on. That's a lot of motor for that small of a track. Your settings show your definitely geared right and not out of the torque band of the motor. If anything start dialing the turbo and delay back a little.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

@john
You better check rs pro specs again
rs=0.0001
rs pro=0.00005 (which is half of the RS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.