Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but im trying to find a good Setup with 200 profile for running 10.5 1s 12th scale. Also a starting rollout, on a track thats about 80ft long
Just wondering if anyone has any starter tips on that?
You might have more luck here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...1s-lipo-q.html
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Randy,

Wanted to draw your attention to a thread going on for a local points series:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...series-17.html

The discussion in this case if VTA restricting the use of the "turbo" feature on the Tekins as they see it as an unfair advantage. The series has now banned the feature for those cars, but the issue I see is enforcement.

This isnt the first time I have read about people wanting to restrict Tekin functionality for some spec classes. Any chance you are thinking of releasing a "spec" firmware or a "turbo" free firmware that is easily Identifyable by looking at the ESC for some of these classes.

I see the policing of this kind of stuff to be a real kill joy for those who run Tekins, and if an easy inspection (like a certain series of lights lit at Neutral on the ESC to ID the "spec" firmware) would make this easier for those who need to compete in those classes.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Clegg
Hey Randy,

The discussion in this case if VTA restricting the use of the "turbo" feature on the Tekins as they see it as an unfair advantage. The series has now banned the feature for those cars, but the issue I see is enforcement.

This isnt the first time I have read about people wanting to restrict Tekin functionality for some spec classes. Any chance you are thinking of releasing a "spec" firmware or a "turbo" free firmware that is easily Identifyable by looking at the ESC for some of these classes.

I see the policing of this kind of stuff to be a real kill joy for those who run Tekins, and if an easy inspection (like a certain series of lights lit at Neutral on the ESC to ID the "spec" firmware) would make this easier for those who need to compete in those classes.
Strange that it's only the Tekin. SPX, GM Genius, Teamwave and so on and on are allowed?
They all use timing that is added later to get more top speed.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Randy,

Have they banned practice? Although turbo is killer, I find practice to be even more effective. I resent losing to those guys who have the time to practice for several hours a week. Perhaps I can get them banned from our next event.

Not to make light of your issue, but there's no way to enforce such an arbitrary ban. As much as we like to deny it sometimes, Tekin doesn't have the only fast, advanced speedo out there. Are they banning them all? Only certain profiles allowed on the SPX?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Don't forget the Teamwave, GM Genius, Orion and Speedpassion.
And this are not all of them. There are a lot of stock spec speedo's and as I was you get a extra one and you drive them nuts!!
With the GM you will also win on the straight of them. Soon they will not now what to do!!
I don't think that they understand that almost all the new speedo's are stock spec faster than the old ones and informing them about it will not work.

Even withoud the Turbo the Speedo is faster than the LRP TC and Novak speedo's!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good starting setup for DUO2 13.5 motors? Then, I will work from there.

Just wanted to try a different motor.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bukil
Does anyone have a good starting setup for DUO2 13.5 motors? Then, I will work from there.

Just wanted to try a different motor.
What size of track?

Set the motor to 0 for more acceleration power
More timing will give more RPM's but gear than lighter.
Gear 0,5FDR lighter than a LRP or Speedpassion motor.

As you give some extra info I can give you more settings.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Randy,

LOL, well if you're going fast I suppose you've got to be cheating right?!

We "could" do something like this, sure. Will we? No. There simply isn't a demand for this. Oval guys will remember this clearly as they were only allowed to run a certain LRP speedo and a Novak.

Are they allowing the SPX? If they are than I see no reason to disallow the Tekin Turbo feature. The only thing the hosting track would do is to have a Tech official plug into each Tekin car as they get placed on the track to verify the turbo is off.

There is more improvements being worked on right now to go even faster, are they going to disallow it too? What if we were to not even give the improvement a title and simply said it was "new software" and the performance was better? This is a can of worms that I think the hosting track/event should consider...

If the end result is that you have to run Tekin to be competitive, run Tekin. When the SPX first came out, this is what our Team/Tekin Users had to struggle against until we improved the software.

I'm going to peak at the thread...be back in a few.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

We "could" do something like this, sure. Will we? No. There simply isn't a demand for this. Oval guys will remember this clearly as they were only allowed to run a certain LRP speedo and a Novak.

Are they allowing the SPX? If they are than I see no reason to disallow the Tekin Turbo feature. The only thing the hosting track would do is to have a Tech official plug into each Tekin car as they get placed on the track to verify the turbo is off.

There is more improvements being worked on right now to go even faster, are they going to disallow it too? What if we were to not even give the improvement a title and simply said it was "new software" and the performance was better? This is a can of worms that I think the hosting track/event should consider...

If the end result is that you have to run Tekin to be competitive, run Tekin. When the SPX first came out, this is what our Team/Tekin Users had to struggle against until we improved the software.

I'm going to peak at the thread...be back in a few.
Realy even faster Randy!!!
Wow I think that they must forbid the Tekin speedo's!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:10 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Not going to start a fight here, but wasnt that the case after the IIC... everyone was hinting that the CRC/AE ESC drivers had some black magic going on with that ESC that wasnt 100% legal. Just because they were faster. I know you were kidding, but isnt that just how R/C goes?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Randy,

Just a thought…has Tekin thought about creating profiles similar to how the SPX works? Not to negate the Hotwire, but to offer baseline profiles and can be programmed with the ESC. I see that this could be beneficial for your average Joe racer who does not want to do the programming with a PC, but can still get the benefits of the timing and boost features of the RS. The Hotwire can and would still be used for updates and customizing setups the same way it is now. The only flack I get form non RS users, mostly SPX guys, is that they just want to press a few buttons and use profile 7 or 8 drop their cars on the track and go. I personally like to get into the programming and test different settings. I would think that offering both options would further set apart Tekin from its competitors.

I race in the Hurricane Series, albeit not in VTA (too spec for me)…and I was just thinking if the Tekin users were just using “profile 10” and kicking butt then the other driver couldn’t complain about turbo. The SPX has “turbo” but it’s just part of the profile.

You get the idea…

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Hey Randy,

Go sensorless and speeds will slow down and will be easier to tech. It'll be jerky starting up for some esc's but i dont see that as a big problem. Do an F1style safety car start if need be.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just peeked in the Hurricane thread and WOW. I think the fact that you and Tekin Prez would spend the time to find a REAL solution to the VTA issue is awesome.

Outstanding service.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They should just hand out what ever combo they feel like using if the issue is cost. That would really keep the cost down for the racers. The way I see it if I was racing, I should be able to run what I spent my money on.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default RS 200 and DUO2 13.5

hi guys could anyone please give me a starting setting for an indoor tc track (carpet and rubber tires) the track size is approximately 100ft x 50ft and should be fairly flowing, we will not find out the track layout until the day of the race meeting.

This will be using 200 software and a duo2 13.5 motor (what motor timing and gearing should i start on as well as speedo settings)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.