Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

What's the name of the new range of Tekin motors that can be rebuilt?

I'm in the market for another 10.5

How does the current Tekin Reline 10.5 compare gearing wise with Novak's 10.5SS & Hackers 10.5 etc.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Oh man, when did you come on by?? I was there all week at night getting my ABC car setup and dialed.

One person is waiting for version 200 to come out. Would you happen to have the latest software? From what he told me, the turbo adjustment on the new version is amazing.

I have version 199 right now and I think it is doing very well. My motor is blazing fast and stays cool. There were a few guys at the track yesterday that can attest to my car's performance. However, one issue I am having is every time I load hotwire, it says that some of my settings are beyond my current ESC settings and that my ESC may not be compatible. Is this a false positive? Because my motor and ESC are not overheating at all.
From all that I've heard, it's "false positive". I had the same thing and was told not to worry about it. I don't remember the setting was but lowering the time (I Believe) gets rid of it.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh man, when did you come on by?? I was there all week at night getting my ABC car setup and dialed.
I think he is talking about Frederick not Gaithersburg. Not sure though?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What's the name of the new range of Tekin motors that can be rebuilt?

I'm in the market for another 10.5

How does the current Tekin Reline 10.5 compare gearing wise with Novak's 10.5SS & Hackers 10.5 etc.

Thanks
Skiddins
the tekin 10.5 blows the novak away. the adjustable timing and the easy of being able to rebuild it is miles ahead of novak. and its really fast.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
From all that I've heard, it's "false positive". I had the same thing and was told not to worry about it. I don't remember the setting was but lowering the time (I Believe) gets rid of it.
I am glad you mentioned that. I thought that was the problem too. So I lowered it to 5. Saved my settings, closed out the application. I then started it up again and still got the error. So I don't know what is going on there. Right now, I have the timing set at 12 degrees on the ESC. No over heating. Nice smooth performance.

But I am interested in knowing more about this Turbo setting and how it works. Am I correct in assuming this is the same as advancing the timing? And did version 200 address that false positive error with the application?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I am glad you mentioned that. I thought that was the problem too. So I lowered it to 5. Saved my settings, closed out the application. I then started it up again and still got the error. So I don't know what is going on there. Right now, I have the timing set at 12 degrees on the ESC. No over heating. Nice smooth performance.

But I am interested in knowing more about this Turbo setting and how it works. Am I correct in assuming this is the same as advancing the timing? And did version 200 address that false positive error with the application?
There were several errors like that and is the main reason 199 was not supposed to be released to the public at large. All these are fixed in 200.

Yes, all turbo does is advance the timing even further. Just like a V8 engine where the optimum spark timing continues to advance as the rpms ramp up, the best timing advance to make the most power in these motors gets higher as the rpms ramp up. When you take off and at very low rpm you are going strictly off the endbell timing. Most of the time you will be in an rpm range where "boost" is active adding to the endbell timing and this should be set for best infield performance. "Turbo" then brings the timing up even further after the trigger is at full throttle for so long.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
There were several errors like that and is the main reason 199 was not supposed to be released to the public at large. All these are fixed in 200.
How very interesting. Any word on the release date for version 200?

As far as the Turbo setting, is there a limit? From what I know so far about Tekin motors (aside from the fact that they are the best in my opinion), they come from the factory with a +12 advance already. So with that in mind, does the software limit itself to +18 (since I think 30 is the limit before you fry the motor)? Or is the software considering other motors being used with the Tekin ESCs?

And finally, I noticed that the decals on my 17.5 motor is peeling off... is that normally supposed to happen? I have not opened the motor before and highest the temperature has gotten was 130*F.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

So with that in mind, does the software limit itself to +18 (since I think 30 is the limit before you fry the motor)? Or is the software considering other motors being used with the Tekin ESCs?
Basically what you will set is what you will get.... There are no auto limits.

You want to be heading for between 30-35 max to be safe, but others will have their views. I always seem to have around that. Playing with the motor and boost combined. I always land up at around 12 on the motor and 18 boost on the speedo... If its a really short track try 0-5 on the motor and max boost... Keep an eye on them temps tho.

Further back trough the thread there are plenty of setup tips... Won't be disappointed.

hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll put in my 2cents...

the tekin is a great speed control... I loved mine but wanted somthing faster...

if you havent driven the new KO V1.5 then you are shorting your self... it's a monster... it will litterly rip the rubber tires from the rim... Somthing the RS pro never came close to doing...

Alex
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

How very interesting. Any word on the release date for version 200?

As far as the Turbo setting, is there a limit? From what I know so far about Tekin motors (aside from the fact that they are the best in my opinion), they come from the factory with a +12 advance already. So with that in mind, does the software limit itself to +18 (since I think 30 is the limit before you fry the motor)? Or is the software considering other motors being used with the Tekin ESCs?

And finally, I noticed that the decals on my 17.5 motor is peeling off... is that normally supposed to happen? I have not opened the motor before and highest the temperature has gotten was 130*F.
The team currently has 200 in their hands and looking for anything suspicious.

The ESC has no way of knowing what the motor is set at and this is the reason that many people come to this thread as haters...the RS is a deadly weapon but that performance is far from "plug and play". Most problems are people trying to gain the most power who use max boost with motors that already have a decent amount of locked timing. I kinda wish the term "boost" wasn't used for 198 as "max boost" sounds like what you should run no matter what.

In order to master the tuning features on the RS you NEED to know what your motor is set at before changing anything in the hotwire. 30 degrees with 198 was the baseline maximum between the motor timing and boost with some benefit at 35 degrees for more flowing tracks. This all changes with 199 and 200... Before the total timing was in use through the whole track and you had to find a balance between straight away speed and infield punch. Now you will be using "boost" for infield punch and "turbo" for speed on the straights and 30 degrees is not optimal anymore. I would suggest 20 total to start and gear for the infield only. Don't worry how slow you may be on the straight or how soon you top out...just gear for the fastest infield time. Once you are good there keep adding turbo until you top out right at the breaking point on the straight.

Not sure why your sticker is coming off....lol
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
I'll put in my 2cents...

the tekin is a great speed control... I loved mine but wanted somthing faster...

if you havent driven the new KO V1.5 then you are shorting your self... it's a monster... it will litterly rip the rubber tires from the rim... Somthing the RS pro never came close to doing...

Alex
with the turbo. the tekin is faster!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok,

I just sent out an "ok" to the team guys to go ahead and share 200 with their local Tekin population...

So hit up your local Tekin team driver to get your hands on 200....

For those that haven't got local drivers I already have a list of you. You should be hearing from me shortly.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Coooll. There's going to be a bunch of tweekin' with Tekin!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ok,

I just sent out an "ok" to the team guys to go ahead and share 200 with their local Tekin population...

So hit up your local Tekin team driver to get your hands on 200....

For those that haven't got local drivers I already have a list of you. You should be hearing from me shortly.
And even a day before Tuesday. Its out early!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Tuesdays are bad, that's when Microsoft likes to do updates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.