Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.
The Tekin RS has won a lot of races against all other speed controls so I wouldn't say it was released too early. Thats like saying the LRP Sphere should have never been released because the SPX came out. The firmware just takes the latest learnings and allows you to update your ESC rather then replacing it.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.
Well done. So I'm guessing you don't have a PC, a mobile 'phone, any new car or a PDA. In my experience, all those products have done what you describe above at some time or other, especially the PC. How is your abacus??!!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sad to here that you got rid of such top notch gear.

Ford ,GM ,Toyota , Chrysler ect.... all have software updates to fix known bugs in new cars. Microsoft has daily updates.
I like the fact that you can ,if you want try different updates for your speedy

I just wish Tekin would make a simple interface like Speed Passion did to make timing changes in the field without having to drag a POS $500.00 XP Laptop around. Yea I still run DOS ,Windows 95,98,2000,NT just not 3.x windows.

A windows Mobile version for making adjustment's to the Speedy would be great
even better if it was written for Linux
I understand that I would still need a XP system at home to do the Full Update to the Speedo.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
The Tekin RS has won a lot of races against all other speed controls so I wouldn't say it was released too early. Thats like saying the LRP Sphere should have never been released because the SPX came out. The firmware just takes the latest learnings and allows you to update your ESC rather then replacing it.
+1

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Well done. So I'm guessing you don't have a PC, a mobile 'phone, any new car or a PDA. In my experience, all those products have done what you describe above at some time or other, especially the PC. How is your abacus??!!
+2

I think what people need to remember is that these updates are free. They don't cost $200 like a new speedo. The updates can come at anytime based on need. Tekin does not have to wait to update their ESC's only when a new product comes out. All pluses to me. So lets say 200 or whatever future releases are better than an SPX...what will the converts do then?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skruger

I just wish Tekin would make a simple interface like Speed Passion did to make timing changes in the field without having to drag a POS $500.00 XP Laptop around.
I thought the same but I understand why they don't do it. You wouldn't be able to easily have firmware stored on it (not without hooking it up to a computer as well and updating it). without all the firmware versions stored on it then it would be quite limited. Since each firmware has different settings then it would just kind of be a mess to develop an appliance for it. If they did develop something it would probably cost so much you could just buy a netbook dedicated for hotwire. Plus I suspect Jim owns stock in some netbook company since he is probably driving a lot of their sales.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
+1

+2

I think what people need to remember is that these updates are free. They don't cost $200 like a new speedo. The updates can come at anytime based on need. Tekin does not have to wait to update their ESC's only when a new product comes out. All pluses to me. So lets say 200 or whatever future releases are better than an SPX...what will the converts do then?
+1

As yyou want to update your GM, you must send it to GM and pay money for shipping and for the update.
Tekin gives free updates and is going faster and faster.
Also the service of Tekin is nr 1.
Try to contact LRP with a problem.
GM takes weeks to get it repaired.
Also have I seen several burnt SPX speedo's.
The GM has much bigger bugs. I have seen several GM drivers that didn't start a race because there GM wasn't working. Even starting to burn after a few seconds before the start.
I never didn't finish because of my Tekin RS Pro speedo.
The nr 1 national Belgium stock driver, drives every national championship with a new SPX. He loses power in his speedo's.
Mine Tekin is still on full power and goes only faster and faster by the new software.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

It just cracks me up that all these tossers are going away from Tekin because the SPX is faster, for now. It's excuse making, as far as i'm concerned, for poor driving or poor car set-up. If you are TOP LEVEL driving, yes the difference in software will affect your placing, but I doubt many of the whingers about the current software are top level.
The other thing that pisses me off, is these updates are FREE. When the RS came out, it killed the Sphere, so LRP came out with the SPX, and everyone (not with Tekin) went out and bought it to beat the Tekin. Now a few months later (yes months, not years), Tekin are coming with an update that will kill the SPX. For Free!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

all you can do is wave bu-bye and
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
It just cracks me up that all these tossers are going away from Tekin because the SPX is faster, for now. It's excuse making, as far as i'm concerned, for poor driving or poor car set-up. If you are TOP LEVEL driving, yes the difference in software will affect your placing, but I doubt many of the whingers about the current software are top level.
The other thing that pisses me off, is these updates are FREE. When the RS came out, it killed the Sphere, so LRP came out with the SPX, and everyone (not with Tekin) went out and bought it to beat the Tekin. Now a few months later (yes months, not years), Tekin are coming with an update that will kill the SPX. For Free!
From what I understand the SPX brought LRP up to Tekins performance, not past it. But you will always have people who think they need the latest to be fast. I wonder how many people sold their RS before they ran both speedo's back to back?

I am looking at Tekin at the moment but won't be changing anything over until I can prove to myself that on the track it can match or better my GT2.0. I would suggest everyone else does the same before you get upset that you are being hard done by for waiting a week or two for a software update.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Morbo
all you can do is wave bu-bye and
yes and they will come back.

Every update is a new speedo for free.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
Thats racers for you. We jump from ship to ship looking for the fastest/best product. You can't buy skill, but you can buy the latest and greatest product to TRY to compensate. I myself also participate in this game, I find it enjoyable. However I noticed that it was irritating some VTA drivers out here in Socal at the Camarillo track. 2 guys were commenting that the good drivers would jump ship and only get faster, (not accounting for skill) THen these 2 guys were lamenting the fact that it was harder for them to play catch up, especially with the money being dropped for the latest toys. I had to explain that that is racing. If you dont want to play this game, stick to a stock class, like the Slash guys do in offroad. Either way, I havent seen a completely regulated stock class last all too long yet....
Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if anybody else wants to take a "horrible loss" on theirs, i need another...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
if anybody else wants to take a "horrible loss" on theirs, i need another...
Yeah me too ill sit on a spare so I can have a backup car one day. I know ill always be able to update to keep up with whatever the competitors dish out.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
+1
Try to contact LRP with a problem.
Here, in Italy, takes ages before you get a warranty ESC.... Almost 1 year..
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Here, in Italy, takes ages before you get a warranty ESC.... Almost 1 year..
Wow that's fast!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.