Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey anyone with a Tekin and the hotwire, I picked up a small laptop it is the Acer aspire one. It has a 8.9 screen its nice and small to take to the track. for what it is for making speedo adjustments it pretty good and work with the tekin software as well as the losi to.

http://us.acer.com/public/page4.do?l...crc=1628973581
Mike, I just picked one up at Sams club on friday. It was only $350. Talk about small and conveinant to have in the pit area. If I read the box corectly, mine came with 1 gig of memeory, and 120 gig hard drive. Well more than enough for I would need in a pit area. Plus it has a wireless card already installed. This little thing is bad ass!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Just a quickie

Hi Randy or anybody out there with the answer

finally got the new version 1.89 loaded on my computer.
New screen now shows boost,made the neccessary adjustments and reset my tranny.
All seems well but will not be running till next weekend.The one thing that puzzles me is when i click on version it still show vesion 1.80 .Is that correct should it not now show version 1.89.???? I run windows vista.The software does not seem as user friendly with vista as it does with XP
ps set boost to 20.???? going to run my redline 10.5 at rollout of 50/51mm with motor timing factory setting.What do you think.
1/12TH 8 MIN RACING.
VINNY
Old 12-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey MUDVANYE,

Yea this little thing it a hot it for tunning speedo's, now if we can get Tekin to design the software to interface with the ipod Touch and the iphone that would be awsome Hint, Hint, Hint Tekin

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Mike, I just picked one up at Sams club on friday. It was only $350. Talk about small and conveinant to have in the pit area. If I read the box corectly, mine came with 1 gig of memeory, and 120 gig hard drive. Well more than enough for I would need in a pit area. Plus it has a wireless card already installed. This little thing is bad ass!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan

All seems well but will not be running till next weekend.The one thing that puzzles me is when i click on version it still show vesion 1.80 .Is that correct should it not now show version 1.89.???? I run windows vista.The software does not seem as user friendly with vista as it does with XP
ps set boost to 20.???? going to run my redline 10.5 at rollout of 50/51mm with motor timing factory setting.What do you think.
1/12TH 8 MIN RACING.
VINNY
I had the same problem! What's going on is Windows Vista has stored your original HotWire software in the virtual memory. Uninstalling the HotWire software doesn't remove it from the virtual memory. Ty and Chris at Tekin walked me thru the process.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tellan

1/12TH 8 MIN RACING.
VINNY

did you actually select the 189 version and update your speedo??? i see not doing that.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Rio
Tech Rookie

Hi does anyone else have the 189 update they could send me to see if it'll get through i need all the help i can get to be faster Many thanks in advance
Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey anyone with a Tekin and the hotwire, I picked up a small laptop it is the Acer aspire one. It has a 8.9 screen its nice and small to take to the track. for what it is for making speedo adjustments it pretty good and work with the tekin software as well as the losi to.

http://us.acer.com/public/page4.do?l...crc=1628973581
I have the HP Mini 1000 with the 10 screen. It works well with the Tekin and Castle software. The only down side is the Tekin software fo some reason when the window wont fit on the screen, it will not show everything. This is true when you load up the Mini Rage screen. When you click view version, the window will not open....
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I wish they would make a non skinned version of the software. Something color blind people could see.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
I wish they would make a non skinned version of the software. Something color blind people could see.
Something similar to a standard Windows property sheet without the fancy graphics would work equally well on all operating systems, as well as be extremely easy to implement.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's up everybody.

I need help!!
I have a Tekin RS ESC,21.5 RedLine BL, a Lipo 2C 5000 mAh with a Spektrum DX3S.
I was running today and all of a sudden my car die on the track.
I recharge my battery and it is the same thing.
I have ONLY 4 LED lights blinky.
DB
BS
MT
VC
BUT No power to the motor.
I'm very thankful for any help I'm get.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

sounds like a low voltage cut-off. check the setting of the cut-off, and check the voltage of the battery when this happens. do you still have steering?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

I have the ESC cut-off at 2C, And the lipo is balance.
I do have power to the servo. And still the same.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Milton,

That shows LED 1,2 6,7 means wrong motor type selected. Try a different motor hooked up first. If the car just died something may be wrong with the motor as well as the esc.

What motor? Tekin, Orion ? ETC?

If you update your software and your Hotwire interface changes but the software available versions for the esc do not keep reading.

If you run Vista you need to become familiar with the "virtual store" folder with any software. Leave it to Microsoft to "hide" things for security!

Check out this link to walk you through the steps of removing the old version.

http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/vi...hp?f=29&t=1797
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Randy,

Kudos to team members Eugene Ryder and Eric and Steve Salvas for their support at the US Open Wheel Championships.

Milton,
I had the same issue as you with one of my "spec" motors. No matter what I did it wouldn't recognize it as a brushless motor. It ended up being a bad motor and I haven't had any issues since I threw it out.

Mark
Old 12-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by milton6599
What's up everybody.

I need help!!
I have a Tekin RS ESC,21.5 RedLine BL, a Lipo 2C 5000 mAh with a Spektrum DX3S.
I was running today and all of a sudden my car die on the track.
I recharge my battery and it is the same thing.
I have ONLY 4 LED lights blinky.
DB
BS
MT
VC
BUT No power to the motor.
I'm very thankful for any help I'm get.

Check your solder for your A B C cables. If one comes unsoldered the ESC will show 12 67 as "wrong motor type"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.