Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hello, I purchased a Tekin Redline Brushless motor, and there was not a sensor wire included. Can someone tell me if this is normal, or should I have received a sensor wire? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Weaponx- Can I ask what motor you purchased?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, if you purchases a Redline Sensored motor it should have had a harness. IT's located between the two pieces of foam though so you may not see it. Take the foam out of the box and look.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

I purchased a redline8.5
Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by weaponx
I purchased a redline8.5
No sensor wire eh? PM me your shipping info and I'll send you one.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Pm sent, thank you for the great customer support.
Rich
Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Little help please,
I have RS Pro and a redline 17.5 and I run foam touring. First outing I ran with the timing set all the way down and geared up till lap times stoped increasing, temps never really a issue. Next time turned timing up all the way and geared down a few teeth and temps went way up (170 or so). So I turned timing down a little to reduce heat. Just wondering if I should leave timing set high and keep gearing down? Now you guys start talking about this new boost thing so I am going gear chasing again. Also when will this new software be available to us average jo's. Just ordered a RS and 13.5 for my world GT so I will be chasing there also.
Thanks guys
Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rushrush1
Little help please,
I have RS Pro and a redline 17.5 and I run foam touring. First outing I ran with the timing set all the way down and geared up till lap times stoped increasing, temps never really a issue. Next time turned timing up all the way and geared down a few teeth and temps went way up (170 or so). So I turned timing down a little to reduce heat. Just wondering if I should leave timing set high and keep gearing down? Now you guys start talking about this new boost thing so I am going gear chasing again. Also when will this new software be available to us average jo's. Just ordered a RS and 13.5 for my world GT so I will be chasing there also.
Thanks guys
I would go back to the gearing you had with the minimum timing on the motor to start. Then start turning up the timing on the motor again a little at a time until it either stops going faster, or it gets hot and falls off at the end of the run.

The boost timing is so new that I think it's going to take a little more testing to see what's up. It's just going to take a little time to figure out what settings are best for each class and get a better feel for how much you need to gear down.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Talking My 1st experience with boost

I just used the new 1.89 software for the 1st time.
Offroad buggy (B4) on indoor, clay, high traction track

Setup - RS speedo w/ Tekin Redline sensored 13.5

max timing set on motor (24 degrees) + 10 timing boost in hotwire

I changed gearing and ended up with a 6.9 FDR with a ton of power down the long straights and excellent infield punch. I dropped an average of .5 - 1 second off my lap times with ease.

5 minute motor and speedo temps were around 140 degrees F.

It was a missile!

Thank you Randy P. for hooking me up via email!

-Andrew Frosch

Last edited by afr0sch; 12-12-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The boost timing isn't too hard to regear for. If you're looking for a good starting point for a 13.5 start with max motor timing and 5 to 10 on boost.

Take your starting gearing with no boost and go down each time you add say 5 degrees of boost.

Motor temps are motor temps. If the motor is too hot, you're overgeared. The motor should feel good all the way through the run. If you're falling off towards the end of the run you're probably overgeared.

Too much timing can cause roughness in the infield.

I dropped two teeth in by 2wd buggy running 13.5's just by adding 10 degrees of boost.

Andrew: You're welcome, glad you like it.

For other people looking for the new software. I posted prior that you can email me for it. I do REQUEST that you give me your local so I can also hook you up with Tekin team drivers in your area.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The boost timing isn't too hard to regear for. If you're looking for a good starting point for a 13.5 start with max motor timing and 5 to 10 on boost.

Take your starting gearing with no boost and go down each time you add say 5 degrees of boost.

Motor temps are motor temps. If the motor is too hot, you're overgeared. The motor should feel good all the way through the run. If you're falling off towards the end of the run you're probably overgeared.

Too much timing can cause roughness in the infield.

I dropped two teeth in by 2wd buggy running 13.5's just by adding 10 degrees of boost.

Andrew: You're welcome, glad you like it.

For other people looking for the new software. I posted prior that you can email me for it. I do REQUEST that you give me your local so I can also hook you up with Tekin team drivers in your area.
I also dropped a total of 2 teeth using 10 boost.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I know the whole idea of the 'boost' feature is to get more timing, but I'm curious as to why the sensorless timing slider wasn't updated instead? Make 100 equal to 60 degrees instead of 30? That way you keep a little more low end power by setting the motor timing appropriately and still get the insane rpm of the new boost.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Krio
I know the whole idea of the 'boost' feature is to get more timing, but I'm curious as to why the sensorless timing slider wasn't updated instead? Make 100 equal to 60 degrees instead of 30? That way you keep a little more low end power by setting the motor timing appropriately and still get the insane rpm of the new boost.
Because the boost feature only adds timing when you're in sensored only mode, we don't add anything the sensorless timing.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Because the boost feature only adds timing when you're in sensored only mode, we don't add anything the sensorless timing.
I know, but that's not what I asked. Why not update the sensorless timing so you can run 60 deg max instead of 30 and then keep the timing low on the motor for low end punch.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Krio
I know, but that's not what I asked. Why not update the sensorless timing so you can run 60 deg max instead of 30 and then keep the timing low on the motor for low end punch.
Put more timing for sensorless running? Hmm....I see what you're saying now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.