Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
Neither the r1 or rs changes the timing as the rpm ramp up...

The only thing close is the rs in hybrid mode where the timing on the motor is used to start (set that low) and then switches to the hotwire timing (set high).

I hope the next update comes with reactive timing *hint hint tekin*
Yes they do.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

edit...
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Neither the r1 or rs changes the timing as the rpm ramp up...

The only thing close is the rs in hybrid mode where the timing on the motor is used to start (set that low) and then switches to the hotwire timing (set high).

I hope the next update comes with reactive timing *hint hint tekin*
Yep, I knew this was a sensored timing advance but I hope they will be smart enough to incorporate reactive timing in sensorless mode.

Strange, if the R1 already does that, why does it have more problems starting when at a higher timing as with a lower???
I hope the promised firmware update for the R1 comes soon...
(why am I not posting this in the R1 thread, cause it will be pushed back to page 3 in a day and I wnot be getting an answer soon)
Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Yes they do.
Umm...no, they don't
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Umm...no, they don't
They do since the 179 (which you didn't get as it was for testing only) and I should know as I was specifically told that I can use more timing as it was starting lower then increasing with the RPMs.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quante
Yep, I knew this was a sensored timing advance but I hope they will be smart enough to incorporate reactive timing in sensorless mode.

Strange, if the R1 already does that, why does it have more problems starting when at a higher timing as with a lower???
I hope the promised firmware update for the R1 comes soon...
(why am I not posting this in the R1 thread, cause it will be pushed back to page 3 in a day and I wnot be getting an answer soon)
I'll be honest with you mate, I have no idea where you heard of a magical update for the R1, as far as I know there's nothing coming up for it and certainly not to improve the starts with sensored motors. As for why it has more problems starting with a higher timing, well it doesn't start at 0 and I don't know all the intricates of the software.

Out of interest what motor are you running with your R1?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
My understanding is this should not be a problem, due to the fact that they dont run motors as low wind as on-road mod touring. Although it might be safer to go with the Pro, i think that reps have posted here that you only really need the pro for mod touring car.

The standard is "Motor Limit Brushless Mode: 5 Turn, 36mm can"

I dont run off road but im assuming you would just be getting massive wheel spin and dig holes in the track with a 4.5 or faster mounted.
I have a Peak Vantage 4.5 turn in my B44. I know, total overkill! But DAMN, is it a blast to drive. Really forces me to exercise throttle control. I don't use much trigger to get the car moving, but it's there when I need it.

Last edited by SpraydbySprague; 12-05-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The R1 software is not too bad, it is definitely miles better than what it started with.

I took it out of the car mainly cause of issues where if the car went backwards the rotor gets confused. If you hit a board and rolled back a touch then this could confuse the esc and on the few times this happened usually a marshall would pick up the car thinking it was broken or you lose an extra 3 seconds which is crucial in on-road. Now that i think about it, how annoying is that when the car was confused that those were the times when a marshall would get to it quickly.

Im thinking about putting it into a 12th scale, i noticed someone commented its not too bad.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Randy,

My Tekin RS Pro just went dead as it gets hot but comes back to life few hours later. It's been like since the past few weeks. My other RS on the other hand works very well but it has never been subjected to BL motor below 11.5.

I'm not sure on whether to 1) return it to the hobby shop for repair 2) buy another one 3) just to dump it.

Need some help from your side
Old 12-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I'll be honest with you mate, I have no idea where you heard of a magical update for the R1, as far as I know there's nothing coming up for it and certainly not to improve the starts with sensored motors. As for why it has more problems starting with a higher timing, well it doesn't start at 0 and I don't know all the intricates of the software.

Out of interest what motor are you running with your R1?
Thats an easy one:

http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/vi...hp?f=20&t=1821

If you dont go over 80 timing, start is pretty good, when you do go over (and you need to on 4 cells) it starts worse and you'll be a sitting duck a lot longer when you're spinning out or have been pushed backwards.

I have allways run a GM EVO3 9.5, with this motor starts werent that good.
I recently (last 2 batteries) switched to the newer GM 9.5 purple and starts have improved dramatically.
But this motor really lacks power and need a lot more timing and I'm limited to the soft. timing! (now you hear for the RS they simply make a function that you can add timing upon the (fixed) sensor timing).
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys well I have an small issues with a buddy's RS ESC. When I turn the car on all the led's light up really but are really dim. I tried downgrading the ESC to a older version then back up to the latest and it still does not work. If I hold the mode button when the 7 dim led's are on it will ramp up one time then go back to nothing. I also get an error message when I try to apply new settings on my hot wire. Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

As far as I know there have not been any firmware releases for the RS as yet. Did you use a R1 firmware on a RS? Perhaps you only updated the Hotwire software?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nope... Checked all that... After further inspection I found the ESC would light up properly and look as if it was working properly if the sensor wire was dis connected from the ESC. Even then the motor did not work. I've tried a couple different sensor wires and still nothing. I am going to try a different motor in the car and see if that is the problem.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Hey guys got my RS the other day and ran it today for the first time in my touring car. So far i love it its super smooth compared to my speedpassion and the size is a huge selling feature.

I picked up the hot wire today so i could adjust timing and some other items however the interface is a little vague so i have some questions. What exactly is the Push control for? The motor timing slider is in percentage how does that translate into actual motor timing? i have also seen some people talking about this "boost" setting where is that? And lastly i see there are two option for user customizable throttle curves but how do i customize those curves?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to learn how this ticks
Old 12-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
Hey guys got my RS the other day and ran it today for the first time in my touring car. So far i love it its super smooth compared to my speedpassion and the size is a huge selling feature.

I picked up the hot wire today so i could adjust timing and some other items however the interface is a little vague so i have some questions. What exactly is the Push control for? The motor timing slider is in percentage how does that translate into actual motor timing? i have also seen some people talking about this "boost" setting where is that? And lastly i see there are two option for user customizable throttle curves but how do i customize those curves?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to learn how this ticks
for timing:
1%= .3 degrees
2%= .6 degress
every % = .3 degrees of timing
5%= 1.5
10%= 3 degrees
15%= 4.5 degrees
every 5% = 1.5 degrees
every 10%= 3 degrees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.