Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys i am running the rs in 1/12 with orion vortex 17.5 if im in sensored mode should i crank the timing all the way on the motor. or is it better to run sensorless? thanx. this speedo rocks...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
It's been said time and time again. The timing slider in the hotwire is relevant of the sensorless operation of the motor only. When the sensored only mode is being used, this slider becomes irrelevant, just like the push control slider in brushless mode.
Yes I know that this has been said before. However, that's not the way I am reading what Randy has posted as stated above and I have seen a few other post suggesting the same thing. Are they suggesting to set the timing on the slider in case the sensor wires get disconnected and then it will use that setting? Just checking to make sure I had the correct info.

Another question... Is there a bug in the Hotwire software v.180 when setting the lipo cutoff voltage? When I set the lipo cutoff to be a 2s battery using the hotwire software it doesn't appear to set the ESC correctly. I say this because after setting this value through hotwire I then go into QuickTune mode on the ESC and press the mode button 7 times to see what the value is, only 1 led is on, whereas it should be displaying 2 leds.I then press the INC button to have led 2 on (2s voltage) and recheck what my current settings are in the Hotwire, it now indicates on the slider as off. Has anybody seen this?

Thanks

RC
Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

I just got my SP 9.5T Ultra Sportsman Stock motor, but on the back it says "adjustable timing" that means i can adjust timing, am i still going to use dual mode in the ESC?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey guys i am running the rs in 1/12 with orion vortex 17.5 if im in sensored mode should i crank the timing all the way on the motor. or is it better to run sensorless? thanx. this speedo rocks...
With the Orion motors, you're probably better off with running in sensored only mode for 12th. In 12th I normally run the lowest timing I need to get the car to run a decent speed down the straight.

For me, less timing in 12th gives more punch even when I gear it up to make up for the lower RPM. Also, less timing keeps the heat down and the car will fall off less at the end of the run.

In the end, it's a balance thing for each track so running sensored only mode will let you change the timing on the motor at the track without having to lug a laptop to the track.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hotwire bug

My experience of yesterday: I had the hotwire program downloaded onto my computer, pc running Vista 32b, so that I could get used to it before I got the RS Pro. The sc showed up yesterday with the Hotwire, so I hooked it up right out of the box, to put the settings I wanted on it. Everything looked normal, so I hit "apply" and got the error message that the sc wasn't recognized. I called Tekin, and the first guy said to wire it up in the car and calibrate the radio to it, then hit both buttons on the sc and it would reset. It didn't, nothing but dim lights, but the steering servo worked. Back to Tekin, second guy said to uninstall hotwire, reload using the disc. Did it, same problem. I called a Team driver, Dave Pull and we went over the possibilites, and finally he offered to email his version of Hotwire to me. I uninstalled the old,and reinstalled his, and it worked perfectly.
If you have this problem, it's all in the software. Thanks to Dave Pull, doing what a team guy should do, help! Thanks to Tekin for trying to help. I'm sure they'll get this bug fixed.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

I came just back from the last clubrace from this year.
I drove with a Tekin RS pro and a Xray FK05 and a money motor.
The Tekin was 0,3 sec. faster than my persanel track record.
So i'm verry happy with the Tekin RS pro. it works great. saterday i will test it with a 4,5T LRP motor.
Now i'm waiting for my own Tekin rs pro. I hope it will come soon.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

team driver hotwire is what is downloaded off the Tekin website, so always make sure you got the NEWEST version, just like any software, as Tekin is always improving things, as we find out better ways to further improve the product performance!!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

i ordered my rs pro from rcmarket, now it is on the way. but i didn't order hotwire now i am reading the forum and i see everybody is doing something with the hotwire, do you think is it a must? can't i use it without the hotwire just the basic setup on it?
thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikky32
The Tekin was 0,3 sec. faster than my persanel track record.
With what ESC-motor-combo did you run previously? And what motor did you run now with the Tekin?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

I used before a LRP TC and the same motor.
Only a difrend car. With this car my fasted lap was before 15,0.
With the TOP Scythe 14,9
Now with the Xray FK05 14,675

I used the option in the hotwire menu that gifes brushed motors less bracke when you let go of the gas. The car was a lot faster treu the corners. It made the car in the slow part of the track a lot faster.
I drofe yesterdayt several lap times of 14,9 and 14,8.
So i'm happy with the Tekin.
Now i'm going to test it with a 9,5t brushless against a Speedpassion with the same motor.
See if i have the same or more advantage with the Tekin rs pro as i had with the LRP TC.
Also going to check my lap times.
after that i'm going to test the 4,5t from lrp with it.
saterday indoor and sunday outdoor testing.

Indoor i'm going to run mod this year.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I used before a LRP TC and the same motor.
Only a difrend car. With this car my fasted lap was before 15,0.
With the TOP Scythe 14,9
Now with the Xray FK05 14,675

I used the option in the hotwire menu that gifes brushed motors less bracke when you let go of the gas. The car was a lot faster treu the corners. It made the car in the slow part of the track a lot faster.
I drofe yesterdayt several lap times of 14,9 and 14,8.
So i'm happy with the Tekin.
Now i'm going to test it with a 9,5t brushless against a Speedpassion with the same motor.
See if i have the same or more advantage with the Tekin rs pro as i had with the LRP TC.
Also going to check my lap times.
after that i'm going to test the 4,5t from lrp with it.
saterday indoor and sunday outdoor testing.

Indoor i'm going to run mod this year.
If you havent read the forum previously, make sure you put a fan on the esc for 4.5 and also a second cap....

There are pictures a little while back of putting a fan on to blow across the esc. But essentially the best thing to do is to have the fan blow across the solder posts (preferrable at a slight angle).
I taped mine to the chassis on the bottom of the fan then ran a cable tie through one of the holes in the top corner of the fan around the end solder post.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
RS Pro in Mod TC with low turn motors , the e.cap too small !

i will use the esc with 3 turn lrp motor, should i use another cap and fan? is there a fan mount on the esc?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanx fred. so if im not in sensored only mode but im running a sensored motor then can the timing be changed through the hotwire? thanx again
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Ok thanks. I will put a fan on it and an other cap. I have one biger one. I will put it also on the esc.
I don't have a fan but i don't now if i need it.
Will the esc switch off as it gets to hot?
I'm driving 5 cell.
Howmanny cell doe you drive mangoman?
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok thanks. I will put a fan on it and an other cap. I have one biger one. I will put it also on the esc.
I don't have a fan but i don't now if i need it.
Will the esc switch off as it gets to hot?
I'm driving 5 cell.
Howmanny cell doe you drive mangoman?
Yeah 5 cell the esc still gets hot, i dont think mine thermalled but it was always at full lights (but i also ran it on default low timing). The thing shuts down but its not the kind of thing you want to happen in a race.

One of your issues with the 4.5 is that people seem to be unsure of what timing to use with it in 5 cell. I am almost positive you will need to use timing which is higher that the default listed in hotwire, to get the most out of the motor. I suspect you will want to set the timing at least around 60 but really do NOT know.

Also with the bigger cap you may want to make sure they are suitable for the esc. Not sure how to do that though....
I know i blew a cap with my R1 running a 4.5 in 5 cell though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.