Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Since HotWire uses HID, it looks like the ability to talk to it is built-in to OS X. There seems to only be one input defined, so I'm guessing Tekin is using some kind of protocol to write all the updates at once. It seems like writing a program to adjust it with Mac would be pretty straightforward. I may have to put on my ObjectiveC hat and figure out the HID class.
Sweet then i could port it to linux
Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Someone said there's room for improvement, I can tell you right now there is a lot of work put in and a few things in the pipeline that'll make everyone happy i'm sure, just wait and see.
MP3
Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgullickson
MP3
HA HA customisable start up tune.
Im thinking stars wars, something dark side'ish
Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

MP3
But all of my music is in .ogg.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya I ended up with 65%, but that is for offroad, with 90% I am assuming you run onroad.
The fact that people end up with different timings is a very good point to make. Each different class will need to have different speed control settings. It's that way now (often using different speed controls) and it's not going to go away any time soon.

The default settings that Tekin has are just that. Default to me is a mode that will get you started and you can tune from there. We all like a different feel and that's where adjustments come in.

I don't normally bring the Hotwire with me to the track. I can get to all of the settings that I want by simply setting the speed control. You only need to have the Hotwire at the track if you're going to mess with the hybrid timing or switch to sensored only mode.

If you want to play with the timing at the track simply set the speedo for sensored only at home and go race. Just adjust the timing on the motor at the track and have it done.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Tekin RS line may or may not feel like another comapnies product. To get the most out of the new line of Tekin's esc the Hotwire is strongly recomended. There are still portions of the software that haven't been "unlocked" if you will. It will have the abilitiy to save and share esc profiles with each other as well as gain access our website for Pro Driver's setups like Jeff Cuffs, Mike Dumas, and Jason Moberly.

If you are looking to get more rip, follow Jason's advice. Get the Hotwire and run your esc in Sensored Only mode. This will allow you to also adjust the timing to full at the same time. Then you can use the motor's timing endbell to adjust on the "fly" should you so desire. If you are to do this you will not need to bring the laptop every time. I race offroad and don't like to always have my laptop in the elements. There is going to be so much more to the Hotwire interface.

To give everyone an idea of what I'm running here goes: I'm running a XXXCr with a 29/81 Tekin 13.5 Timing maxed out on the motor and timing of the esc at 90 in Sensored Only mode. I can keep up with any other motor on the track and in my opinion and I have way more bottom end then they do. This gives me a huge advantage off the start(noticed by the announcer) and coming up to jump sections.

The more information we all share the better we can be. I personally appreciate all the observations you guys are bring up to our attention.

If you guys need more help shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Best Racing
Old 08-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So if I'm in sensored only mode with a 13.5, what timing would most closely match what other ESC's have built in?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It will depend on the motor. Some motors have more timing adjustment. I've been using the Tekin that allows up to 24'. So with that motor in Sensored only I'm running my timing at 90. I tried 100 but had to much wheel spin(ie too much power).

So I'd tell you to do the same. If you want more power and top end crank the timing up to max. Watch your temps and make sure you're geared accordingly.

Randy
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone know of anyplace that has the Redline 13.5 motor in stock?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Does anyone know of anyplace that has the Redline 13.5 motor in stock?
I don't think they are availble anywhere yet. However a Tekin driver had his Redline 5.5 at the track this weekend and it looked sweet
Old 08-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Last update I got was end of the Month for them to be available.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I don't think they are availble anywhere yet. However a Tekin driver had his Redline 5.5 at the track this weekend and it looked sweet
Oh, so they're not even out yet in the first place for "regular" people?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyword on a new firmware for the RS?

Since my RS Pro is still on backorder since June 2nd, will it be shipped with the new firmware?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

I didnt order the HOTWIRE with the RS Pro.

Is the RS PRO factory default set at "SENSORED ONLY MODE"?

Does "HYBRID MODE" = "DUAL MODE"?

What is DUAL mode function actually? Only knew it switches the ESC from Sensored to Sensorless....

Last edited by MARKANO; 08-10-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

What would you guys think of the combo of the RS speedo and the Speed Passion 13.5 in the meantime?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.