Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
AWESOME!

You beat STLNLST with the Tekin! Good job lol, Tekin is go for me it sounds like, as long as someone else locally runs one, im good
It wasn't the speedo that beat me. Mo had a good set up on his car. You better go buy a good fan though. Temps for the speedworld cup will be hot
Old 05-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by or8ital
Yeah unfortunately on the opposite end (13.5, 17.5) 3 or 4 more teeth becomes unrealistic. You have pinions and spurs that are almost the same size!
Tell me about it. With a 17.5 in 1/12 scale, I'm running 51 / 78, and that is *not* for oval, it's for carpet road course.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran the regular RS in 2wd offroad with a 13.5 today. It was great. Super smooth and fast. I tq'd and won prostock buggy. 8min heats and 10min mains.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It wasn't the speedo that beat me. Mo had a good set up on his car. You better go buy a good fan though. Temps for the speedworld cup will be hot

And good driver! Every time I have seen MO out there he is always super fast
Old 05-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I'm not going to beat a dead horse but I bought the pro and it did not work for me and I have not used it since so can I trade in for the new Rs or trade in value?????
bump????
Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

bump????
What is your application ? I think before writing off the R1 pro you should try to get the update for it, it has come a long way since the first versions.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
After the last couple races, I know YOU don't want to talk about speedo problems. Mr. wandering neutral or Mr. My car smells like burnt electronics. Also, it was an orange speedo that stuttered in front of me 2x in the first qualifier that cost me a good run. Let me see you run that orange speedo w/o a fan and see how long it lasts.

I had no problems with the RS or RS Pro this weekend. The PRO got a bit hot in mod sedan but my install arrangement was less than ideal. I have it rearranged now and expect it to be running much cooler next time out.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm not going to beat a dead horse but I bought the pro and it did not work for me and I have not used it since so can I trade in for the new Rs or trade in value?????
bump????
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
What is your application ? I think before writing off the R1 pro you should try to get the update for it, it has come a long way since the first versions.
I've tried firmware versions 1.71, 1.72 and 1.78 and even talked to Ty about what settings change. I run a 10.5 novak in off road 2wd buggy. The latest firmware starts pretty good, but the controller is still not right. Acceleration isn't linear or consistant. I've had the ESC since January and at this point it just sits in my pit box while I hope Tekin will trade it in for a RS. If there's no chance of a trade in I'd like to know so I can dump it on ebay (an probably lose $100)
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats the possiblity of finding a used R1 and having it updated? Would that be a good option or would it be better just to wait on the R5?

Is this thing really on the verge of being released or will it be another six months?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc

Is this thing really on the verge of being released or will it be another six months?
I'd like to know that as well. I'm holding out until this comes in so I can run. Right now I don't have anything and I don't want to buy another system. But if it's going to be 6 months then that's what I'll have to do.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CCristo
I've tried firmware versions 1.71, 1.72 and 1.78 and even talked to Ty about what settings change. I run a 10.5 novak in off road 2wd buggy. The latest firmware starts pretty good, but the controller is still not right. Acceleration isn't linear or consistant. I've had the ESC since January and at this point it just sits in my pit box while I hope Tekin will trade it in for a RS. If there's no chance of a trade in I'd like to know so I can dump it on ebay (an probably lose $100)

thnaks for the info
Old 05-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

the best application that i found for my original R1 pro was to use it as a target i set it out about 10 yards and shot it with my .45 Hoepfully the new version will be better
Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the best application that i found for my original R1 pro was to use it as a target i set it out about 10 yards and shot it with my .45 Hoepfully the new version will be better
See your problem here, you've got the wrong target... Mi3 that should have been your target
Old 05-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

See your problem here, you've got the wrong target... Mi3 that should have been your target
lol actually i had the R1 pro on my TRF 415MSXX i just got my MI3 about 2 months ago
Old 05-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by mo
I TQ'd and won mod and set new track record for single lap and fastest overall run.
Now that is what I am talking about. Mo has been one of our toughest challenges by far.

Jimmy Flack also gave us the first National championship for the RS in 21.5 w/lipo at the Roar Carpet Oval Nats. He also made the Amain in 13.5 and finished 5th. Congrats Jimmy!

So Marcos stop raining on our parade... Please. We deserve some sunshine and have worked hard for it. This is a good thread with good information about the RS from respected people. Hopefully it will continue to be a good resource for readers looking for real answers.

The RS is speaking for itself. The R1 was not perfect in all applications, mostly slow motors in TC and 4cell oval. It is very popular in offroad, works good with mod sensored motors and is excellent with our motors.

Tekin Prez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.