Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The footprint seems only slightly smaller then others. I think the nicest thing is that it doesnt have a HUGE capacitor hanging off of it. The fans and heatsinks aren't too big a deal for me on a TC5 since it has the high topdeck.

I assume the small capacitor is still needed for even the slower motors?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by jakespeed
Has any Oval testing been done with the RS????
Yes, we have a full carpet track in our building and tested it as best we could. A unit has been sent to Phil Marabella for some real oval testing this weekend. A unit has also been sent mod master Mike Dumas for TC and 1/12 raw power testing.

The first unit went to our man Jeff for some stock and super stock testing. With Jeffs skills and setups we are able to really see any performance issues clearly. The oval testing will also really put it thru some good performance comparisons.

Yes a capacitor is needed for any motor. Even high turn BL motors are pretty much direct shorts since there are no brush and comm losses. In low turn mod we recommend 2 in parrallel since low turn motors are literally a few inches of wire and a serious dead short with almost no inductance to slow things down.

Tekin Prez
Old 04-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Yes a capacitor is needed for any motor. Even high turn BL motors are pretty much direct shorts since there are no brush and comm losses. In low turn mod we recommend 2 in parrallel since low turn motors are literally a few inches of wire and a serious dead short with almost no inductance to slow things down.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez,
What do you think of these types of super capacitors?
Do they work well with speedos or are they a bunch of hype?

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/s...82&osCsid=aac2
Old 04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's the Jesus capacitor v2.11012! At least according to the SpeedPassion thread. I hear it's good for like .2 sec. .3 if you leave the sticker on it.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
That's the Jesus capacitor v2.11012! At least according to the SpeedPassion thread. I hear it's good for like .2 sec. .3 if you leave the sticker on it.
Id be happy with just the same performance since its 1/3 the size of the stock SP caps. Any performance improvements are likely attributed to the drastic overall weight loss on the car over the other cap they use.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Here's a good source of entertainment. He uses tons of quirky figures of speech like that one.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=115141
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
What do you mean by letting down the 13.5 stock racers with the r1? It didn't perform well or the release date delays?
Not sure exactly what he meant, but one issue is that the new ROAR stock and super stock rules require sensored operation.

As a Tekin fan from the 80s I can't wait, I've told my LHS to get me in line. And add me to the charger wish list too, I'd like mine with a balancer please.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by linger
Tekin Prez,
What do you think of these types of super capacitors?
Do they work well with speedos or are they a bunch of hype?
The super caps are more of a battery than a cap. They can take seconds to charge and discharge and really make a pretty good receiver cap, but do not provide much benefit that we have seen on a speedo. I have heard of good track results and lower temps so maybe we have not looked close enough. I definitely would not replace our cap with it, but in addition to a good fast cap it cannot hurt. There is a reason we use small caps instead of gas cans and recommend paralleling them instead of increasing the size in heavy loads. Anything mounted on long wires is marginally effective in a high speed switching application.

Originally Posted by Dave H
Not sure exactly what he meant, but one issue is that the new ROAR stock and super stock rules require sensored operation.
They require wye wound slotted motors with sensors in them. There are no rules about actually using those sensors to drive the motors. We have found that the best way to start these high turn motor designs aggressively is with sensors, but driving feel is another story. The motor is and should be the limiting factor. With the hammer down most of the time we are pushing them until they burn up and then back up a half a click regardless of how we drive them. In mod the story is a little more interesting.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-24-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

when will the tekin RS be available? will the new 17.5 have a detachable sensor harness?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

will it work with all sensored motors, for example with the lrp motors?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Team Tekin

All of the Tekin sensored motors have a detachable sensor harness. Some RS units will start shipping next week to the team and early backorders. We will ramp up as fast as we can to get them available everywhere.

The RS will work with any sensored motor or sensorless motor. It likes the Tekin motors best.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All of the Tekin sensored motors have a detachable sensor harness. Some RS units will start shipping next week to the team and early backorders. We will ramp up as fast as we can to get them available everywhere.

The RS will work with any sensored motor or sensorless motor. It likes the Tekin motors best.
Good news...my commission check should be here in mid may. I have some money earmarked for this
Old 04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another great night of running with the RS. This speedo has smoothest throttle response out of any brushless speedo that ive run.

Awesome Product JIM
Old 04-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Hi I have got some questions on my mind.. first of all I thing FS is released? I saw one in a hobby shop in hk. But tekin didn't released sensored motors did they? If they didn't which motor do you suggest for FS pro; LRP, Novak ... did anyone of you use it with a different brand,sensored motor. I'am planning to use it with 4 cell, 4.5 or 5.5 turn brushless motor, in a long track. So I'am afraiding to have heat problems.

Also my friend had a very good performance with Lrp 4.5 in our track which tekin redline motor should I use to have a same performance like him (ofcource Iam thinking that we have the same car,battery and tires)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Will the RS and RS-Pro be shipping out at the same time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.