Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
been looking through the thread, but cant find anything specific. Anyone have a good setup for 1/12th 13.5 Boosted? I am running a SP 13.5 1S Motor with between 0 - 10 Deg of timing (stock timing ring). I've been messing a bit with the different settings and am finding some speed, but trying to see if I am even in the ball park. I know a high timing 13.5 Blinky is pulling me in the corners and I only catch him in the straights. Motor comes off at 155+ right now as well. When I drop the boost/turbo a bit it drops 20F, but the car is slower than the other guys Blinky all around then.

(running a RS w/ 223)

Any help would be appreciated. if I cant get a Tekin setup to work, I may have to switch to a Hobbywing 1S I have just because others at the track are running it and have some good setups already.
Have no experience with SP motors here
But it might help if you posted your full setup

Have you looked at the Dumas setup from the Tekin site yet ?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeh the dumas setup is the one that while fast, was underwhelming on the infield and hot on the motor. I may go back to it and tweak from there.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just tried to update my RS Pro to 223, but it the Hotwire application seemed to get confused and hang mid-update. I left it for a few minutes to see if it would resolve, but eventually I had to kill it in Task Manager. Now I can't connect via Hotwire at all, and the ESC does not run. There is one middle light when connected to Hotwire, and zero lights or chimes when I power it up. I've tried three different PC's, radio calibration, and the factory reset to no effect. Any other things to try?

I have an RS that I updated to 223 some time ago, and I use the Hotwire to change settings all the time and it still works. This was the first time connecting/updating the RS Pro and the update seems to have killed it
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
John, both interfaces have the same functions,etc. The "express" simply strips down the graphics and makes it fit most netbook screen resolutions.
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I asked this one before and was given some usfull info...

I have a RS Pro that when its connected I get no motor power. The LED's on the ESC light up in responce to the throttle signal, either break or throttle.

I have checked the Servo reverse on my Transmitter.

I have applied the latest (v223) software.

No joy.

Have tried a different motor and sensor lead

Can anyone suggest any other troubleshoothing exercises I can try before I administer the last rights?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone ,

I have this combo on my trf 417

Team tekin RS pro
Speed Passion - Competition Ver 2.0 Motor, Marc 4.5R
Turnigy nano-tech 6000

i need your advice to set up it , i have installed the latest fw .
The track is asphalt and large
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm a beginner to this brushless motor system, seems like their is a lot of information out there regarding SC and Motors. Everyone always points you into a direction that maybe you are not quite ready for it. I own 2 Tekin RS Pro's I use one in my Losi 22 the other in my TOP. Both motors are Thunder Power, on my buggy I run the 9.5, ok it's a bit much for it and like most hobby stores they want to sell you what they have rather then tell you the truth. My TOP has 17.5 yes I got the top later. The only reason I went with Tekin SC is because the buggy turn out so well. Sometimes I have to reset the SC to the transmitter. But for most part it works well. With my TOP I'm having and issue yesterday at our local Hobby Store race. I ran good with practice and 2 qualifiers. But when it came time for race, the first 2 laps seem ok, then the Thunder Power on the strait away it lost all top end no power, I took the motor apart ones back to the house, couldn't find anything wrong. I discovered that there was an update to the SC so I updated it. Seems ok know but I will not know until I put it on the track. But know the motor continues to motor forward even after I let up on the throttle. When I use the brake to stop movement it stops. What settings have I goof up on? Thank you for any input.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi Guys,

I have a RS Pro that when its connected I get no motor power. The LED's on the ESC light up in responce to the throttle signal, either break or throttle.

No joy.

Can anyone suggest any other troubleshoothing exercises I can try before I administer the last rights?
Are lights blinking or solid? Have you tried to reset it to the receiver? Ya know let it know where power and brake are.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

No joy.

I remember reading something about having to adjust min brake or min throttle, I forget which one. Try increasing each of them to around 50 and see if that helps
Old 04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone have a 6.5 setup for tc? Running on 40x110 indoor carpet. Don't know if i should run dual mode or not. Any starting point would help. Have never ran mod before. Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice for a Tekin RS I have that is acting funny. I raced with it this entire weekend past, 13.5 boosted 12th scale. Yesterday I went to move it to my WGT car (and as such wanted to change it to blinky). I plugged it into the Hotwire and it gives the 1,2,6,7 error code (bad news bears). However, I then started pushing the buttons on the speedo (entirely random button pressing, no rhyme or reason, and it wasn't a factory reset) while it is plugged into the hotwire, and it eventually wakes up and responds to the hotwire, allowing me to change settings (I put 223 on it and changed it to blinky). So, I unplug the speedo from the hotwire, and try plugging it back in again. Now, the 1, 3, and 5 LEDs flash, and the unit still doesn't respond to the hotwire, even if I do a factory reset.

This is a little frustrating because the speedo worked perfectly over the weekend, all I have done is remove the wires and tried to program it. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on what could be happening? I want to try actually plugging it into a battery and doing the reset, as well as seeing whether for some reason the 1267/135 is only given if I am using the hotwire, but not if I actually have the speedo in a car. Thanks in advance for any and all help, it is much appreciated.

Last edited by LloydLoar; 05-03-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

D-D-D-Double post.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

No joy.
1s or 2s?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice for a Tekin RS I have that is acting funny. I raced with it this entire weekend past, 13.5 boosted 12th scale. Yesterday I went to move it to my WGT car (and as such wanted to change it to blinky). I plugged it into the Hotwire and it gives the 1,2,6,7 error code (bad news bears). However, I then started pushing the buttons on the speedo (entirely random button pressing, no rhyme or reason, and it wasn't a factory reset) while it is plugged into the hotwire, and it eventually wakes up and responds to the hotwire, allowing me to change settings (I put 223 on it and changed it to blinky). So, I unplug the speedo from the hotwire, and try plugging it back in again. Now, the 1, 3, and 5 LEDs flash, and the unit still doesn't respond to the hotwire, even if I do a factory reset.

This is a little frustrating because the speedo worked perfectly over the weekend, all I have done is remove the wires and tried to program it. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on what could be happening? I want to try actually plugging it into a battery and doing the reset, as well as seeing whether for some reason the 1267/135 is only given if I am using the hotwire, but not if I actually have the speedo in a car. Thanks in advance for any and all help, it is much appreciated.
You cannot factory reset the until while attached to the hotwire. That must be done while hooked up to a battery.

Led's 12 67 can be thrown if you're using a 1s pack and your booster or rx pack isn't supplying enough power. Likewise the 1 3 5 led is a low voltage fault.

I'd suggest trying the esc on a 2s pack to verify.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by yogii
But know the motor continues to motor forward even after I let up on the throttle. When I use the brake to stop movement it stops. What settings have I goof up on? Thank you for any input.
This sounds like a radio calibration issue. What transmitter is it? Some of them have linkage inside on the throttle pot and as the wear they can "stick" and appl some throttle. To fix this you must widen your NW setting. Try 20.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.