Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
You know, I could have sworn, some pages back, that someone was complaining about team drivers running prototype software at big races thus having an unfair advantage over the other non team, but brand supportive drivers. These rumors were strongly denied and dismissed. Now The truth comes out and many drivers are admitting that they ran the new, unreleased software at IIC
I own a Tekin, and am a customer .. I've brought this point up in the past and been slammed by the Tekin fanboys for even trying to suggest that this is happening, as have many others.

I decided to look back a few posts .. Remember that IIC took place Oct 3-8

11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
...There is some in house testing being done with new software. Some team drivers have tested the new "feel" but ONLY with myself present. They DO NOT have the software themselves, only I have it at this time. I can't be more clear about this.

I will share more when I can. So far all results are positive. Hara, EA, Cyrul and others all commented how much better the throttle control and feel was.

Again non of the above have the software either.

11-10-2011
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
nothing gets released to a driver unless tekin is ready for it to be tested, drivers get it a few days to a week before the public gets it

11-28-2011
Originally Posted by artwork
Randy or team tekin-
Any idea when the software the team was running at IIC will be available to the public?

11-28-2011
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
nothing has been said on anything, far as i know no one has anything but 212

11-29-2011
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
To be clear nobody at the IIC had software available to them. I was changing throttle profiles in the background. I also only did this for guys NOT running a spec class of any kind.

Today
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I started running the new stuff in 13.5 boosted 12th scale only at the IIC and could tell a huge difference in how smooth my car was to drive as soon as it was put in
WOW.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've been trying to figure out why Tekin takes such a beating even though they've probably done more for racers than most companies. Saving us from having to buy $400 BD's with free software should have been enough to win the hearts of all racers from now until eternity. But it hasn't...

I think the previous post kind of sums it up. There's a lot of deception, mistrust, and talking in circles you guys do that rubs people the wrong way. You lack transparency with the way you're handling firmware updates, and contradict yourselves. The perception seems to be that you're outright lying. And that's unfortunate, because for the most part it seems like you're trying to do the right things for racing, but people sure do hate the way you're going about it.

Last edited by syndr0me; 12-14-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: derp
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I've been trying to figure out why Tekin takes such a beating even though they've probably done more for racers than most companies. Saving us from having to buy $400 BD's with free software should have been enough to win the hearts of all racers from now until eternity. But it hasn't...

I think the previous post kind of sums it up. There's a lot of deception, mistrust, and talking in circles you guys do that rubs people the wrong way. You lack transparency with the way you're handling firmware updates, and contradict yourselves. The perception seems to be that you're outright lying. And that's unfortunate, because for the most part it seems like you're trying to do the right things for racing, but people sure do hate the way you're going about it.
I didn't want to start a shitstorm here as I am a big fan of the Tekin product.
However things like this make me feel as though my financial contribution to Tekin for the products I've purchased don't mean squat. I sure hope that the guys who get their stuff for free are not byte blockin the rest of us. Testing is all fine and dandy as long as you don't compete with unreleased software.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Testing is all fine and dandy as long as you don't compete with unreleased software.
I think competition is probably the best place to test.

Regular users have to wait a little bit for the team guys to make sure everything is working right first before being released to the public. What is the big deal? Do you think a team driver beat you at a big event soley because they had newer firmware? If you are really that good, ask to become a team driver.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

REALLY
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You know, I could have sworn, some pages back, that someone was complaining about team drivers running prototype software at big races thus having an unfair advantage over the other non team, but brand supportive drivers. These rumors were strongly denied and dismissed. Now The truth comes out and many drivers are admitting that they ran the new, unreleased software at IIC. So am I getting this wrong or has the cat been let out of the bag?

I can remember having my ass handed to me by many drivers at a particular big race who were running the exact same speedo and motor setup as myself. Same gearing and so on but they just dusted me in rip and top speed. This was just before 208 was released. Apparently I'm just wet behind the ears.
If you read what I posted it clearly states it was ran in 13.5 OPEN 12th scale. You can run any freaking software you want there as there are no rules. At no point in time did ANYONE have it in a blinky class at the IIC....EVER. The software only changes the way the throttle feels. It changes nothing in any of the timing profiles that I know of. Just a nice smooth linear throttle. That is what Randy was referring to in his post.

It seems you missed that important part of the post.

Besides ORCA was allowed to run all week with ROAR illegal software that faild ROAR tech again as late as last week.....yet yall dont seem to give a rats ass about that.....

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 12-14-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you read what I posted it clearly states it was ran in 13.5 OPEN 12th scale. You can run any freaking software you want there as there are no rules. At no point in time did ANYONE have it in a blinky class at the IIC....EVER. The software only changes the way the throttle feels. It changes nothing in any of the timing profiles that I know of. Just a nice smooth linear throttle. That is what Randy was referring to in his post.

It seems you missed that important part of the post.

Besides ORCA was allowed to run all week with ROAR illegal software.....yet yall dont seem to give a rats ass about that.....

EA

EA, I am a Tekin customer and most likely will continue to be and I did read that it wasn't used for stock spec classes. That's not my point. I may not be at the level to compete with the team drivers but having a better performing software may give me an advantage over the drivers at my level. the point is that if you run Tekin and I run Tekin we should both have access to the same software at the same race regardless of my affiliation to the company.
As far as ORCA goes, I don't give a rats ass about them as I am not running their hardware and neither are 99% of the paying customers on this thread.
If you are going to test then test but don't profess that your not cheating when you admit that you are. Just because you say another company (that almost nobody runs) did it too validates your actions, that's sad.

Now,to say that races are the best place to test software is a valid statement as long as every body running your product has access to the same tools. You may only take the "team" feedback as being of use but at least you can say you did not cheat.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Team EAM

EA, I am a Tekin customer and most likely will continue to be and I did read that it wasn't used for stock spec classes. That's not my point. I may not be at the level to compete with the team drivers but having a better performing software may give me an advantage over the drivers at my level. the point is that if you run Tekin and I run Tekin we should both have access to the same software at the same race regardless of my affiliation to the company.
As far as ORCA goes, I don't give a rats ass about them as I am not running their hardware and neither are 99% of the paying customers on this thread.
If you are going to test then test but don't profess that your not cheating when you admit that you are. Just because you say another company (that almost nobody runs) did it too validates your actions, that's sad.

Now,to say that races are the best place to test software is a valid statement as long as every body running your product has access to the same tools. You may only take the "team" feedback as being of use but at least you can say you did not cheat.

You are still missing the point. ITS NOT CHEATING when its in an open class...Period. Check the rules. It says OPEN speedo/software. Blinky classes say LIMITED software. So therefore you can run anything you want in OPEN Classes until a rule is changed for that too (which may be soon enough anyway).

Now for the ORCA thing they DID run unapproved software in a BLINKY class. That is considered cheating.
EA
Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

I guess car manufactures are cheating too when they test new parts at a race.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I guess car manufactures are cheating too when they test new parts at a race.
If BN Racing is involved you know it!

But you do bring up a good point. People are so worried about Speedo software in OPEN classes but yet a certain manufacture had about a dozen 12th scales that were not available yet but to team drivers. not a person anywhere is complaining about them though.... Even though ROAR states you can run prototypes in any spec class.

EA
Old 12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have been a Tekin customer for a long time and appreciate the way they do business and software development. What I am seeing is as soon as the new software proves to be bug free and stable it will be released to everyone.

Last edited by Bob~H; 12-14-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is getting rediculous. Welcome to racing anything. Somebody always has a mechanical advantage. It has always been that way and it always will. I think I'm going to have to find room in my hauler bag to pack a box of Kleenex...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

People will always want to say they got beat by gear rather than someone else being more prepared, more experienced, or more talented. And maybe that's not so bad, it keeps those people coming back when they can delude themselves into thinking they could win if they just had that special something the team guys got. But it's a PR nightmare (and possibly great advertising) for the companies that are targeted by said accusations.

And I agree, where's the outcry against ORCA? If races aren't going to follow ROAR's rules, why wouldn't ESC manufacturers try to sneak in a little timing to keep up with the other cheaters. It punishes them for doing the right thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

If BN Racing is involved you know it!

But you do bring up a good point. People are so worried about Speedo software in OPEN classes but yet a certain manufacture had about a dozen 12th scales that were not available yet but to team drivers. not a person anywhere is complaining about them though.... Even though ROAR states you can run prototypes in any spec class.

EA
Exactly......What's next???/Occupying Tekin head quarters I have to watch what I say on these boards otherwise I would speak my mind and you know what that would do

Originally Posted by Xpress
This is getting rediculous. Welcome to racing anything. Somebody always has a mechanical advantage. It has always been that way and it always will. I think I'm going to have to find room in my hauler bag to pack a box of Kleenex...
better make that a few boxes.......
Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

IIC is not a roar race anyways so roar rules don't apply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.