R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #14851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazaboy View Post
orca RX-1
I know is RX-1 but which version? version 1, 2 or 3?

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #14852
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nazaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
I know is RX-1 but which version? version 1, 2 or 3?
latest may be version 3
nazaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #14853
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Wow just got 203 on my RS pro and is a turning point in my B44 10.5. I thought about getting a hotter motor but after some tweeks to 203 I was stoked and couldnt be happier. Thanks Tekin. I was like
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #14854
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys just a quick question ,I hear that tekin is supost to be comming out with a 205 program soon is this correct if so when is it going to be relesed

suport your local hobby shop because ebays track is hard to find !!!!!!!!
Russ Jacobson
bigdadracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #14855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdadracing View Post
hey guys just a quick question ,I hear that tekin is supost to be comming out with a 205 program soon is this correct if so when is it going to be relesed
It's 208 and nobody knows when its going to be released (just like nobody knows when the new Hotwire interface or the Hotwire app for the iPhone will be released).
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #14856
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Ahhh, what interface... Haltech? Got a friend into Vettes and he hates the fuel injection. He just has no idea how good he can have it...
Love the fuel injection on my Vette, almost as much as the HUD; and just don't get me started on the hydro-formed chassis . Don't like the manual shift gear knob but then I changed that years ago. I will admit that I dont dream about the injection as much as I do my RS Pro though
yellowshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #14857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

So just picked up a Tekin RS Pro and Hotwire. Installed the software from the site onto my Macbook Pro with Windows 7 x64. Gotta say, the software user interface is horrendous. I've seen it before at the track, but using it myself on a decent resolution screen, its a touch hard to click on things, as well as just hard to read and see. It would be awesome if settings were all editable without the mouse/trackpad. Having to use a mouse or trackpad just slows me down.

I do have a problem where text in buttons do not show till mouseover. Is this a known issue or by design? It's not a big deal, just annoying.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 05-27-2010 at 10:00 PM.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #14858
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
So just picked up a Tekin RS Pro and Hotwire. Installed the software from the site onto my Macbook Pro with Windows 7 x64. Gotta say, the software user interface is horrendous. I've seen it before at the track, but using it myself on a decent resolution screen, its a touch hard to click on things, as well as just hard to read and see. It would be awesome if settings were all editable without the mouse/trackpad. Having to use a mouse or trackpad just slows me down.

I do have a problem where text in buttons do not show till mouseover. Is this a known issue? It's not a big deal, just annoying.
Sounds like you may have some driver issues with your setup.
On XP and W7 it works fine with no visibility issues.
However, I agree the interface is not as useful as it is decorative
But then I come at it from the full scale 2 and 4 wheel eng. management side.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #14859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Don't have any other issues with programs.... Been playing with drivers from laptopvideo2go.com for my 8600m gt in Win 7 as Apples default Win 7 drivers are outdated.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #14860
Tech Addict

A couple of the buttons don't show what they are untill you do a mouseover. Then they disapear as quick as they came. Maybe if 208 gets here the interface option for small screens will clear things up, even on a big screen.

The big question is when will 208 be here??????

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #14861
Tech Initiate

same for me running the software on W7: the button description is only visible when hovering the mouse pointer over them.
Thats a tad annoying, indeed. What annoys me even more is the inconsistency in saving settings. After having the software writing complete nonsense into my ESC once, Im now triplechecking every time when saving setting by clicking "default settings","current settings" and unplugging and replugging the interface.

In general, the software interface has a very toyish look&feel.
Well, in the end, it is a kind of toy we are operating with this software.
However, I assume a high percentage of people using these kinds of advanced toys are engineers, so I reckon a "properly" designed interface would appeal more to most users.
Personally Id prefer a simple text file with parameters over the current HW software...

I guess Tekin got this message already, as I read somewhere that a "Netbook" release of the software is in the making.

P.S.: I hope this post is considered what its meant to be: a customer feedback with the intention to contribute to the improvement of the product. The device itself is awesome and I see great potential here.
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #14862
Tech Adept

will the Rx8 that is on rctvlive work fine in an 1/8 on road car as well?
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #14863
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interface issues aside... i had the pleasure of running an RS Pro today. Since mine is in the mail for repair, a local was awesome enough to let me use one of his for practice today (1/10 TC outdoor asphalt).

I made two baseline runs with the LRP x12 17.5 (0 timing) and "Brand X" controller (timing 3) to find a suitable gear. After a consistent 6:30 run, i temped 202 degrees without fade on the x12, and 141 degrees on the speedo.

All i did was drop in the RS Pro with a baseline 'map' and repeated the above test with the same gear. The car was notably faster on the top end, and marginally smoother with a little more midband response... all to the tune of 163 degrees on the x12, and 117 degrees on the RS.

After some timing and boost adjustments, along with some delay change... the car was great in the infield, and ballistic (for a 17.5) on the straight! The x12 never temped over 180 degrees, so i have PLENTY of room to grow.

I cant wait till my RS comes back so i can get some wheel time with it! Kudos Tekin!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #14864
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (89%+)
Default tekin rs with a 10.5 motor

was wondering if anyone had a decent starting point for a 10.5 motor.. straight is about 170 feet. and inside is flowing... all help is appreciated... thanks...
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #14865
Tech Initiate

I'm hoping if somebody can give me some tips for setting up the speedo and gearing as well. I run a 13.5 GM motor (1600 gauss version) in a fairly small indoor rubber, carpet track. If it helps with the same motor and a LRP Sphere speed control I was on a 5.4 FDR.
Thanks in advance
A.Wojtecki is offline   Reply With Quote