R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #14566
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xr Turbo View Post
Can anyone tell me if i can buy replacenment bearings for a redline 17.5 motor. Or do i need to send it back to Tekin for repair?
I would be thankful for any help.
Hi, yes you can get the bearings seperately, shoot an email to: support [at] teamtekin [dot] com

They'll sort you out

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #14567
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Hi, yes you can get the bearings seperately, shoot an email to: support [at] teamtekin [dot] com

They'll sort you out

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #14568
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
did any one save the KV sheet randy posted months ago on the redline motors,if so can you post it
It's on the Tekin site here

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #14569
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
It's on the Tekin site here
i found it after i posted thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #14570
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Warning!

Guys be very careful i was running my last qualifying round when about 4 1/2 mins in the car stopped and let out a big puff of smoke from the motor Up till then through practice and 2 quali runs the car was great and coming off around 70-75 deg C after 5 mins. Before I swapped out the motor I hooked up Hotwire to check the settings and found that the rpm range had changed from 6000/16000 start/end to 2990/3990 start/end
This has happened even though i had re-checked any settings changes i had made by exiting and reopening hotwire previous to the last run
Can Randy or anyone from tekin confirm if this is a known issue and if so is it addressed in the new firmware release and when will it be available as i'm a little reluctant to run it again at the moment?
boosta1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #14571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosta1276 View Post
Guys be very careful i was running my last qualifying round when about 4 1/2 mins in the car stopped and let out a big puff of smoke from the motor Up till then through practice and 2 quali runs the car was great and coming off around 70-75 deg C after 5 mins. Before I swapped out the motor I hooked up Hotwire to check the settings and found that the rpm range had changed from 6000/16000 start/end to 2990/3990 start/end
This has happened even though i had re-checked any settings changes i had made by exiting and reopening hotwire previous to the last run
Can Randy or anyone from tekin confirm if this is a known issue and if so is it addressed in the new firmware release and when will it be available as i'm a little reluctant to run it again at the moment?
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I made some changes and put my car on the track. But it did not take me even 1 full lap to notice my settings were off. I hooked up the hotwire and found that my rpm range was similar to what you have stated.

Not blaming you at all, but you couldn't tell your settings were way off?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #14572
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I believe that's a known issue where there's a "phantom" box around the start RPM value. So sometimes you can click it, and you're clicking this mystery box rather than the actual number, so the Hotwire will default to some very low value. The best bet seems to be to click the start RPM number a few times to make sure it's really highlighted. After the settings are applied, I like to hit the "current settings" box to load the current values into Hotwire and make sure they're right.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #14573
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I believe that's a known issue where there's a "phantom" box around the start RPM value. So sometimes you can click it, and you're clicking this mystery box rather than the actual number, so the Hotwire will default to some very low value. The best bet seems to be to click the start RPM number a few times to make sure it's really highlighted. After the settings are applied, I like to hit the "current settings" box to load the current values into Hotwire and make sure they're right.
Yes. If you click near the start rpm numbers and not right on the number itself it will highlight, but does not select it. When no start rpm is selected you unfortunately found where it defaults to.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #14574
Tech Elite

I don't think that is possible in my case. After each change is made, I completely close hotwire and re-open hot wire to see that my changes are made correctly.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #14575
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

mine held for 2 weeks went to the track and it changed,i think it may be when you plug the hotwire back in it resets
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #14576
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosta1276 View Post
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me about a month ago. I have FOUR tekin Rs', in four different vehicles, and always check my settings by reopening the hotwire for a second time before I send my car out onto the track. But once... even WITH a double check, the RPM settings reset themselves and it blew up a motor in 4 laps.

Response from Tekin? ***Crickets***
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #14577
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

The only way for the settings to change is that if they were not saved properly when they were adjusted. I always make it a habit that once I've changed my rpm values that I unplug the esc, then plug it back in to varify.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #14578
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The only way for the settings to change is that if they were not saved properly when they were adjusted. I always make it a habit that once I've changed my rpm values that I unplug the esc, then plug it back in to varify.
Thanks for your reply Randy, but unfortunately there is still something missing, as I do the EXACT same thing, every single time, in all 4 of my cars running Tekins.... and I lost a motor due to it resetting itself somewhere in the middle of the race day, so it had nothing to do with me incorrectly setting the settings.
- RCSpecialties -
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #14579
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Thanks for your reply Randy, but unfortunately there is still something missing, as I do the EXACT same thing, every single time, in all 4 of my cars running Tekins.... and I lost a motor due to it resetting itself somewhere in the middle of the race day, so it had nothing to do with me incorrectly setting the settings.
Happened once as I stated. I do the same. I close and re-open everything to make sure the settings are the way I left them. I don't un plug my esc though. Is this a better way to verify?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #14580
Super Moderator

The only thing that bugs me, is that there is obviously a problem with settings sticking, and we get zero acknowledgment from Tekin... It's been reported countless times in this thread since v203 was released. This isn't just a small bug, this is costing people money.

Again.. for the record.. I have seen the RPM settings revert to some off the wall default, AFTER relaunching the hotwire and double checking settings.
- RCSpecialties -