Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had our local tc series race today and in stock class 11.5t, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all by tekin. Will be looking forward in running the next series against the like of hw, sp, etc
Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Today finally outdoor training.
It was still a bit wet and I did't try a lot of setups because I was working on my car but it was great.

The car had under steer so I had to work on that.
It's not perfect yet but it's going better.
I used this setup.
Boost max
Turbo 5
Turbo ramp 2
Turbo delay 0,3
Motor V3 Speedpassion 13,5T timed on 5
Throttle 5
Brake 85%
Start RPM 4700
End RPM 7000
Gearing 5,571FDR

The brakes were to strong but I got a bit used to it today.
I set it back a bit next time. i think 75% will do because the brakes are very strong.
The motor didn't get hot because I couldn't go full power all the track. it had rained and there were still wet spots.
The under steer also didn't help.
But the acceleration was great. 1 nice acceleration to the end of the straight.
In the beginning I used 5 Boost less and the end RPM was around the 15000.
This made the car smooth but after I came out the corner I mist acceleration after that.
The car accelerated first but it didn't keep doing that.
After I changed the Boost and the RPM settings, the car became much better.
I think that there is still more power in the car but I will try that next time.
I will also than try the Tekin motor that went like a rocket with a kind of same setup.
The Tekin 17,5T was a rocket of an other driver.
I gave him a setup and next time we are going to improve this but it was already fast.
The 17,5T Speedpassion V3 was also fast. The driver found that he had to much power and he didn't go full throttle to prevent that the Turbo kicked in.
He was happy.
Also with his car. it were the first meters with his new car. He has now a Photon.

I hope that I can try it soon again.
This week I start working on my car. i now what to do so when that's don I can start with the speedo.
The Photon of the Speedpassion V3 drivers was good. The 17,5T Tekin his car (also a Photon) was not perfect but good enough to go fast.

I'm used to the 10,5 lipo power and after trying it with the V203, the 13,5T is easier to drive.
I like it more because it drives a bit smoother and the top speed is a bit lower.
It's better on our smaller track. I think that this year the races will be closer than as it was with the 10,5T.
I also feel that I can handle the power better thanks to driving a lot of 10,5T races.

About the motor. i prefer the Tekin motor. It field very good and it has a lot of power for the short time I drove with it.
The car was faster with the Tekin than with the V3 motor but I think that I can make the Speedpassion also faster. After changing a few things in the setup it was about the same speed as the Tekin but I think that I can get even more power out of the Tekin motor.
I drove a few laps with the 17,5T Tekin car and it field very good.
I new that the 17,5T are now fast with the V203 but so fast I didn't now.
The other speedo's were not match for the Tekin combo.
All the Tekin drivers flew over the track.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
what does he know. he is just a kid. lol
I'm telling!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I was running at a large event this weekend and the amount of different settings on peoples tekins was amazing. Running Duo 2 17.5 I started at FDR 8.4 which set my fastest lap of the event. A change of rpm range and gearing to 6.65 yielded lower temps and more consistent times only around 0.1 slower and that was mainly my driving not speedo. Brakes had to be turned down to 65% on the transmitter as they were locking up any higher. Awesome speedo...
Old 03-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Today finally outdoor training.
It was still a bit wet and I did't try a lot of setups because I was working on my car but it was great.

The car had under steer so I had to work on that.
It's not perfect yet but it's going better.
I used this setup.
Boost max
Turbo 5
Turbo ramp 2
Turbo delay 0,3
Motor V3 Speedpassion 13,5T timed on 5
Throttle 5
Brake 85%
Start RPM 4700
End RPM 7000
Gearing 5,571FDR

The brakes were to strong but I got a bit used to it today.
I set it back a bit next time. i think 75% will do because the brakes are very strong.
The motor didn't get hot because I couldn't go full power all the track. it had rained and there were still wet spots.
The under steer also didn't help.
But the acceleration was great. 1 nice acceleration to the end of the straight.
In the beginning I used 5 Boost less and the end RPM was around the 15000.
This made the car smooth but after I came out the corner I mist acceleration after that.
The car accelerated first but it didn't keep doing that.
After I changed the Boost and the RPM settings, the car became much better.
I think that there is still more power in the car but I will try that next time.
I will also than try the Tekin motor that went like a rocket with a kind of same setup.
The Tekin 17,5T was a rocket of an other driver.
I gave him a setup and next time we are going to improve this but it was already fast.
The 17,5T Speedpassion V3 was also fast. The driver found that he had to much power and he didn't go full throttle to prevent that the Turbo kicked in.
He was happy.
Also with his car. it were the first meters with his new car. He has now a Photon.

I hope that I can try it soon again.
This week I start working on my car. i now what to do so when that's don I can start with the speedo.
The Photon of the Speedpassion V3 drivers was good. The 17,5T Tekin his car (also a Photon) was not perfect but good enough to go fast.

I'm used to the 10,5 lipo power and after trying it with the V203, the 13,5T is easier to drive.
I like it more because it drives a bit smoother and the top speed is a bit lower.
It's better on our smaller track. I think that this year the races will be closer than as it was with the 10,5T.
I also feel that I can handle the power better thanks to driving a lot of 10,5T races.

About the motor. i prefer the Tekin motor. It field very good and it has a lot of power for the short time I drove with it.
The car was faster with the Tekin than with the V3 motor but I think that I can make the Speedpassion also faster. After changing a few things in the setup it was about the same speed as the Tekin but I think that I can get even more power out of the Tekin motor.
I drove a few laps with the 17,5T Tekin car and it field very good.
I new that the 17,5T are now fast with the V203 but so fast I didn't now.
The other speedo's were not match for the Tekin combo.
All the Tekin drivers flew over the track.
you wanna run the v3 full timeing its the same as running a duo 1 middle hole
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default set up

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I was running at a large event this weekend and the amount of different settings on peoples tekins was amazing. Running Duo 2 17.5 I started at FDR 8.4 which set my fastest lap of the event. A change of rpm range and gearing to 6.65 yielded lower temps and more consistent times only around 0.1 slower and that was mainly my driving not speedo. Brakes had to be turned down to 65% on the transmitter as they were locking up any higher. Awesome speedo...
Hi
Could you post your speedy set up.

Regards
Gary
Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Hi
Could you post your speedy set up.

Regards
Gary
Sorry mate i dont have a hot wire to check it for you and i did not see the final tweaked settings Antoni put on it. Ill pm you an approximate.

After pulling my car apart after the weekends racing ive found the capacitor has broken off one of its posts. How will this have affected performance and would i have damaged the speedo at all?

Last edited by Benzaah; 03-22-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hollywood tc5
you wanna run the v3 full timeing its the same as running a duo 1 middle hole
Ok I will try that next time.
I wanted also to try to ad some Turbo.
I found that as you set the RPM ranch narrower that it got more and more power.
Next step will be motor timing on 10.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Ran a Duo 1 yesterday that was probably over a year old. Still very fast motor. Switched to a brand new rotor kept everything the same and the car was 2 tenths slower...

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Otis
Ran a Duo 1 yesterday that was probably over a year old. Still very fast motor. Switched to a brand new rotor kept everything the same and the car was 2 tenths slower...

Thanks
Don't fix what's not broke

You never know the new rotor may not have been as strong as the one you had.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Don't fix what's not broke

You never know the new rotor may not have been as strong as the one you had.
Find an oval guy that has a gauss meter. They are kind of expensive but if you are interested in knowing what rotors are stronger this is what you need. It is much more important to the oval crowd so they seem to have this stuff. I don't know any road racer that has one. Also if you know someone that works with magnets they can take and old rotor and re-gauss it for you. As long as the rotor is not heat damaged, the magnetic field can be strengthen and evened out. There are limits according to roar rules. But I have a friend who works with industrial magnets and has done this for me a couple of times.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Just got a rs and a lrp x12 17.5 for my 12r5.1 any setup
advice?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Otis

Thanks
Yeah, new rotors will typically have more "magneticity*." You'll probably need to gear up a bit.

* Hells yes it's not a real word!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Running the RS without the cap is bad. It will cause the unit to run hotter than it should. The performance won't suffer but the unit itself will. If you need a cap in a pinch a good 16v 1000uf will work in it's place until you get the correct one: TT3520.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randy, is there a part number for the Futaba plastic plug on the RS ?
Mine needs replacing and the plugs I have won't accept the wire ends.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.