R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #13261
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadball View Post
if i only run 11,5??? does tekin rs (not pro) have same menu as like as tekin rs pro?? like turbo boost ect.
Yep all same. The only difference is that the PRO runs cooler with mod motors as it has an extra FET board (so iv been told, correct me if im wrong)
Fast XXXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #13262
Uga
Tech Regular

Quote:
if i only run 11,5??? does tekin rs (not pro) have same menu as like as tekin rs pro?? like turbo boost ect.
yes
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #13263
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

hey guys , I got to use my Tekin RS yesterday at a big offroad race, and I had the following issues:

Setup:

- Tekin RS with 203 software
- Novak 13.5 Ballistic
- Spektrum SR3300T receiver
- RFI 7.4V Lipo 4000mah
- Futaba S9351 servo

This was in a SCT 2wd vehicle. Using some of the settings suggested in the team driver setups, I was getting a problem where as you drive the vehicle from a dead stop, it would often "hang" where you could pull almost full throttle and it wouldn't go. It was as if it was searching for something. I tried a different motor that worked with a different brand of esc, and had the same issues.

When I went to dual mode, it was fine.

Any ideas? And yes, I did use different working sensor wires.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #13264
Regional Moderator

Another racer I know had the same issue with a brand new RS. It was calibrated with no issue, but from a dead stop, yanking full throttle caused about 0.5 second delay before the motor would move at all. We tried swapping motors, sensor wires, Rx. I suggested downgrading to the original FW version (1.80) and it worked OK. We then upgraded back to 2.03, re-calibrated, set up desired configuration settings, and then it worked OK.

Thus, try downgrading the FW to 1.80, re-calibrate with 1.80, and try it. If it is OK, upgrade to 2.03, re-calibrate, and have at it. This worked for us.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #13265
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast XXXS View Post
Yep all same. The only difference is that the PRO runs cooler with mod motors as it has an extra FET board (so iv been told, correct me if im wrong)
Yup. The RS has one "control" board (that the sensor port, LEDs, etc are on) and one board with 24 fets and the solder posts on it. The RSpro has 2 fet boards for 48 fets and the solder posts go through both fet boards.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #13266
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Just got the RS. Had the 203 software loaded in from a friend.

While going through the modes to make adjustments I noticed for mode 5 and 6 there is a setting #7 (7 LEDs). According to the instructions, the maximum number in mode 5 and 6 is setting #6 (6 LEDs). Is the #7 setting in these modes only available once you have the 203 software loaded?

I just want to be sure. Can someone answer my question please?

Thanks
No the Throttle Profile is till 5 and above are not used jet.
But most of the drivers use mode 3 and play with the Boost and RPM settings to get there own throttle curve.

Quote:
The RS is fine.
The temps of the speedo will not be a problem with the 11,5T motors.
As You run stock only, than is the RS the one to get.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #13267
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Another racer I know had the same issue with a brand new RS. It was calibrated with no issue, but from a dead stop, yanking full throttle caused about 0.5 second delay before the motor would move at all. We tried swapping motors, sensor wires, Rx. I suggested downgrading to the original FW version (1.80) and it worked OK. We then upgraded back to 2.03, re-calibrated, set up desired configuration settings, and then it worked OK.

Thus, try downgrading the FW to 1.80, re-calibrate with 1.80, and try it. If it is OK, upgrade to 2.03, re-calibrate, and have at it. This worked for us.
thanks for the info, I'll give that a try.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #13268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doog View Post
With my KO radio, I needed to have throttle set to reverse in the radio, otherwise speed control calibration will not work. Make sure to check this before sending back to Tekin.
i think i crossed checked all this, but keep in mind the calibration process the "CHIME" was very very very faint - hence why all my TEKIN boyz said it was fault.... normally you can hears this from a mile away mine was like i had to put my ear right next to it and then after the calibration i got a "Tickin Sound" over and over with red warning flashing lights!

Hopefully in about a 1week the item will be back with Tekin and i can see what they found x-fingers

Frankie
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #13269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak View Post
i think i crossed checked all this, but keep in mind the calibration process the "CHIME" was very very very faint - hence why all my TEKIN boyz said it was fault.... normally you can hears this from a mile away mine was like i had to put my ear right next to it and then after the calibration i got a "Tickin Sound" over and over with red warning flashing lights!

Hopefully in about a 1week the item will be back with Tekin and i can see what they found x-fingers

Frankie
I had this problem this weekend. basically my rx pack was low in voltage and would not power the speedo all the way. once I put a full charge on the rx pack, the speedo was good to go. I assume with a 2s for main power, that the tekin may have the same issue if the voltage is low. not sure since I run 1s only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
started flashing lights 1,2,6,7
i had this problem this weekend as well. I had a motor wire come loose. it ran 2 weekends without me touching the car and then this weekend, some how the motor wire comes loose and go the 4 LED flashing. left 2 and right 2

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #13270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
It has the same menu!! The RS pro is only necessary with really low winds High amp draw motors I've heard.
T
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #13271
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post

this issue only at tekin RS? or at tekin RS PRO too??
deadball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 AM   #13272
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone got a base setup for a Duo2 21.5 motor on 2S LiPo?

90' straight, outdoor medium-grip asphalt; 4WD touring car.
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #13273
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Hi,
just bought the RS Pro, how does this esc work with the Speed Passion V3 17.5T?

I've read that the Tekin 17.5 motor slows down when it gets hot so am looking to replace it?

thanks
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #13274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone had a issue w/ a brand new tekin RS Pro? Just pulled mine out of the box and soldered it up, mounted in car and I just get all flashing lights (radio signal nonexistant?), won't link to the hotwire. Can run through modes w/ button no contact otherwise it does beep nice and loud when trying to calibrate. Tried different receivers, as well as the the one that currently runs my other RS Pro, still nothing.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #13275
Regional Moderator

Quote:
this issue only at tekin RS? or at tekin RS PRO too??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Yup. The RS has one "control" board (that the sensor port, LEDs, etc are on) and one board with 24 fets and the solder posts on it. The RSpro has 2 fet boards for 48 fets and the solder posts go through both fet boards.
This was with an RS, but I've also heard of it happening with a Pro as well (apparently, the base control board is the same between the two). Just a software bug with the upgrade process.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote