Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Akudou
2 units of Rs pro with the hotwire will be arriving for me n my friend in 2 days. I read alot about it and decide to go for it instead of the LRP Sxx and black diamond. I have the software ready in my pc and am just waiting for it to arrive. Is anyone kind enough to share previous settings on the rs pro hotwire (203) in previous races or setup? I love the function but ofcourse would not like to blow it just incase i did the worng setting to make it fast. Our track here are Asphlat with 50meters straight with lots of technical sharp curves. Motor class race here are Mod, Stock 11.5t and sometimes novice stock 9T. I have succesfully won the novice class using 107 SP firmware with ease and ofcourse i would like to have another victory but using only 11.5t setting on the tekin. So is anyone kind enough to share lots of setting which could help me out please?
What 11,5T motor? Speedpassion?
What are the sizes of the track?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

I have succesfully won the novice class using 107 SP firmware with ease and ofcourse i would like to have another victory but using only 11.5t setting on the tekin. So is anyone kind enough to share lots of setting which could help me out please?
You wont be winning easily this time Bro! Coz I ll be joining 11.5t class too and most of all I ve got TEKIN as well,updated with 203....Tomorrow nite's will be testing it....

Last edited by dameetz; 03-06-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dameetz
You wont be winning easily this time Bro! Coz I ll be joining 11.5t class too and most of all I ve got TEKIN as well,updated with 203....Tomorrow nite's will be testing it....
I think that he want's your setup as you go faster and you his as he goes faster
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mwoods
has anyone got a good starting setup and gearing using a new gm starwind 13.5

heres the track i b racing on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPq7u...eature=related
thats not my car going round it just give the idea of the size of the track i race on

thanks for any help
anyone?

cheers
Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mwoods
anyone?

cheers

I don't now how it goes on that track but try this.
I heard that it worked with the GM motor to run like this.

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0
Turbo ramp 2
Gearing 7.0FDR
Start RPM 5000+
End RPM 22000

Watch the motor temp.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikky32
I don't now how it goes on that track but try this.
I heard that it worked with the GM motor to run like this.

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0
Turbo ramp 2
Gearing 7.0FDR
Start RPM 5000+
End RPM 22000

Watch the motor temp.
ill give that a go nxt week thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bro, it wasnt easy for me anyways cos im just a newbie compared to you guys. Using the same firmware and setting doesnt give me any advantage at all as its all in racing skills especially for you. For me, im just nothing compare to you ... so come on... sharing is caring...

Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

I am not good at describing tracks but im sure Dameetz is more familiarise in explaining our local track here. I am trying out Team powers 11.5t and Orion 11.5t for my next event. HW 107 firmware is good enough but im sure with the right setting on RS Pro, im sure it will be better...

What 11,5T motor? Speedpassion?
What are the sizes of the track?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

I am not good at describing tracks but im sure Dameetz is more familiarise in explaining our local track here. I am trying out Team powers 11.5t and Orion 11.5t for my next event. HW 107 firmware is good enough but im sure with the right setting on RS Pro, im sure it will be better...
You can try to find your setup on your track quit easy.
Start with this setup.

Boost 40
Turbo 0
Start RPM 4000
End RPM 17000

Temp the motor in time and see what it does.
Find a gearing for a good infield speed.
Than play with the Boost to get a good top speed.
Wit a RPM range that is closer to each other, you will get a harder acceleration. You can also reach this by adding some boost.
This way you get also some extra top speed.
As this is ok look for the top speed.
If you come to short and the infield is good, than you can ad some Turbo.
Start with 5 Turbo and a delay of 0,7 and a Turbo ramp of 2.
You can higher the Turbo if needed.

This will work to find a good starting point and from there you can fine tune your speedo with motor timing and other RPM settings.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Is that the 203 firmware? Thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it. Will try your settings once my tekin gets here. Hope the hotwire is gonna be easy to use just like HW LCD programme box.

You can try to find your setup on your track quit easy.
Start with this setup.

Boost 40
Turbo 0
Start RPM 4000
End RPM 17000

Temp the motor in time and see what it does.
Find a gearing for a good infield speed.
Than play with the Boost to get a good top speed.
Wit a RPM range that is closer to each other, you will get a harder acceleration. You can also reach this by adding some boost.
This way you get also some extra top speed.
As this is ok look for the top speed.
If you come to short and the infield is good, than you can ad some Turbo.
Start with 5 Turbo and a delay of 0,7 and a Turbo ramp of 2.
You can higher the Turbo if needed.

This will work to find a good starting point and from there you can fine tune your speedo with motor timing and other RPM settings.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Bro, it wasnt easy for me anyways cos im just a newbie compared to you guys. Using the same firmware and setting doesnt give me any advantage at all as its all in racing skills especially for you. For me, im just nothing compare to you ... so come on... sharing is caring...
I m just kidding bro....If I join the race it 'll be mod class....How can I give you my set up? As you know I just got my Tekin today....see 2moro nite if i can come up with one after testing the various parameters with the Hotwire.....

The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I guess we need torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). Most of the stock guys are using SP 11.5T V2 and V3. Tyres will be rubber. Until now there've never been anyone using an updated Tekin in stock class, so we will be among the first. We just need a base or a starting point set up like FDR and the hotire set up.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

BTW do I need to use capacitors with the RS PRO? I do have Tekin TT3520 power caps....but I understand thats for the FX and R1 series....will those be ok to use or do I need another rating power caps?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Hehehe, if you join stock, im gonna pull out . Hahaha if sumone else is in stock category using tekin then i dont mind trying out against the same esc. Hope can get the right setting for stock on the tekin or else im gonna have to settle for HW107. Too bad my 416X is stripped apart as i need to fully service it for miri's race and femca. So for the meantime im using my new T3 which is my spare chassis. So do update me on the software and setting. Din is already bugging me to set his tekin when the hotwire arrive, he will be using 9.5t in mod class while the other new owner keeman might be in the same class as i am. I wont stand a chance but then i am willing to give it a shot. I might be getting the new LRP SS MKII for my other esc choice to play with unless HW is releasing the new 230

I m just kidding bro....If I join the race it 'll be mod class....How can I give you my set up? As you know I just got my Tekin today....see 2moro nite if i can come up with one after testing the various parameters with the Hotwire.....

The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I guess we need torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). Most of the stock guys are using SP 11.5T V2 and V3. Tyres will be rubber. Until now there've never been anyone using an updated Tekin in stock class, so we will be among the first. We just need a base or a starting point set up like FDR and the hotire set up.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Is that the 203 firmware? Thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it. Will try your settings once my tekin gets here. Hope the hotwire is gonna be easy to use just like HW LCD programme box.
Yes I run also the V203.
You cant change your RPM settings in the V200

BTW do I need to use capacitors with the RS PRO? I do have Tekin TT3520 power caps....but I understand thats for the FX and R1 series....will those be ok to use or do I need another rating power caps?
Yes you need a cap. I don't now for shore what cap i thought a 16V 1000.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

A very short track for a 11,5T.
I use on a bit bigger track and a 10,5T this setup.
Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0
Turbo ramp 3
Start RPM 5000
End RPM 24000
7,8FDR

Watch the motor temp.
If it is to much power lower the Turbo ramp to 2 and the Boost to 45
I did this so I could hold it on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.