Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardmankam View Post
I assume this is for touring, 2S.
changes I recommend are:
neutral width 94 -> change to 10
throttle profile 5 -> change to 3 or 4
turbo delay .1 -> change depends on the length of the straight away. but 0.1s is too short for most tracks. maybe try 0.4 to 0.6s
For very small track, turn off turbo.
start rpm 2850 -> raise to 3500ish
end rpm 12000 -> raise to 14000ish

(if you want to have turbo at the beginning ie delay = 0, then you will have to raise your start & end rpm values, maybe to s=5000ish, e=18000ish)

FDR should be around 6.5 to 7.0 to start.
Check motor temperature after a few laps.
If it is over 75C, then lower your boost / turbo or widen the rpm window.
sorry I do not mean to discredit you, however I cannot understand anyone NOT using turbo!

There is a huge difference with turbo on, even on the smallest/tightest tracks. I have found 0 turbo delay to work the best on small tracks! You need the grunt of the turbo squirt between corners. Can you imagine pulling out of a slow corner in 6th gear V's pulling out in 2nd gear? Well that literally is the difference b/n no turbo and turbo.

if anyone cant drive any track faster with turbo on, then your driving needs an upgrade
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #12902
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
sorry I do not mean to discredit you, however I cannot understand anyone NOT using turbo!

There is a huge difference with turbo on, even on the smallest/tightest tracks. I have found 0 turbo delay to work the best on small tracks! You need the grunt of the turbo squirt between corners. Can you imagine pulling out of a slow corner in 6th gear V's pulling out in 2nd gear? Well that literally is the difference b/n no turbo and turbo.

if anyone cant drive any track faster with turbo on, then your driving needs an upgrade
I agree with you that the car is faster with the Turbo and Turbo delay on 0.
Bud I think that most of the drivers can't handle that much power.
I slowed my car down by lowering the Boost.

I saw a race on you-tube were a SXX drivers runs between the SPX drivers and he was by far the fastest but his driving skills were not that good so he didn't win. The power was way to much for him and I think that a slower profile would have bin better for him.

I love the Turbo on 0 delay and the start RPM higher and with the Turbo ramp on 3 it is just incredible.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #12903
Tech Adept

Quote:

I tried delay=0 and turbo=10 along with a higher start rpm. I like the punch, but the motor runs much hotter than what I would like. The original poster asked for a 'safe' setting for his vortex 17.5. Anyway, I would highly suggest the origianl poster to try both settings but also temp the motor after a few lap to be on the safe side.
hardmankam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #12904
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

i tried it. it does NOT work. i to use a short jumper i made out of rec plugs and wire i have, i didnt like directly plugging and unplugging from my rec
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #12905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

this is all great advice guys! i am going to try all the settings you guys recomend. i dont mind pushing the motor alittle as long as i can stay in the right temp range for it
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #12906
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
this is all great advice guys! i am going to try all the settings you guys recomend. i dont mind pushing the motor alittle as long as i can stay in the right temp range for it
With the Turbo delay on 0 temp in time.
Your motor gets hotter but I have it now just below the 180F.
Runs great.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #12907
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:

The reason to turn off turbo is not to reduce power, but keep the power linear to avoid upsetting the car. If you need more power on a small track then you are not applying boost correctly. Those that are currently using turbo on your track you just can't remove turbo without adding boost or changing your start/end rpm.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #12908
Tech Champion

Turbo...

On a track that is only 10mx15m (32ft x 49ft) would it be better to find a good setup that does not use turbo, or a small turbo setting?

Any thoughts would be grateful

Im currently using 9 turbo, 30 boost, start rpm 8xx, end 4000 tp4, ramp 1...

I would like to try 1500 > 3500 instead. Any other ideas?

motor is a redline 13.5, this is for sedan. ty

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #12909
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
The reason to turn off turbo is not to reduce power, but keep the power linear to avoid upsetting the car. If you need more power on a small track then you are not applying boost correctly. Those that are currently using turbo on your track you just can't remove turbo without adding boost or changing your start/end rpm.
I use the Turbo with a Turbo delay of 0 to get an other feeling. I tried Jason his setup and it field great.
I us the Turbo for when I hit the straight and I have the Boost for the infield.
This way I have a smooth infield and an incredible acceleration when needed.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #12910
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I use the Turbo with a Turbo delay of 0 to get an other feeling. I tried Jason his setup and it field great.
I us the Turbo for when I hit the straight and I have the Boost for the infield.
This way I have a smooth infield and an incredible acceleration when needed.
Mikky, you are on larger outdoor tracks right? Turbo is definitely helpful out there and I was just referring to why many suggest turning turbo off on very small indoor tracks.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #12911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I saw a race on you-tube were a SXX drivers runs between the SPX drivers and he was by far the fastest but his driving skills were not that good so he didn't win. The power was way to much for him and I think that a slower profile would have bin better for him.
link for the video ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #12912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Setup RS with Hotwire question

Setup RS with Hotwire question....I know if I am upgrading from V200 to V203 firmware, after it is done, I have to re-calibrate the speedo/radio. But what about if I am already in V203...then after racing, hookup the hotwire, still running 203 but adjust things like RPM, boost and drag brake...WITHOUT changing firmware, do I still need to re-calibrate my radio everything I do that?

THanks....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #12913
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Mikky, you are on larger outdoor tracks right? Turbo is definitely helpful out there and I was just referring to why many suggest turning turbo off on very small indoor tracks.
No not jet. I have next week my last indoor race.
I use it on a small indoor track.
I will use on a larger outdoor track with turbo delay.

My club member runs indoor with an other setup as me.
He uses almost no Turbo.
He likes that more because when the Turbo kicks in as he goes full throttle he loses control over his car. I like to play with my throttle.
I turned Turbo and Boost around and use now the Boost to decide the top speed and the Turbo for acceleration.
I play with the Turbo ramp for how much acceleration I want.
By not going on full throttle the car is smoother and than I have a better control in the infield over my car.
For my home track were you can hit full throttle quit fast, it will be harder to use 0 Turbo delay so than I will use it to ad some extra top speed.
I don't think that I will need a lot of extra top speed. I think that 5 Turbo is enough. Probably I try first with some extra motor timing.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #12914
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Setup RS with Hotwire question....I know if I am upgrading from V200 to V203 firmware, after it is done, I have to re-calibrate the speedo/radio. But what about if I am already in V203...then after racing, hookup the hotwire, still running 203 but adjust things like RPM, boost and drag brake...WITHOUT changing firmware, do I still need to re-calibrate my radio everything I do that?

THanks....

No as you do n't change the firmware you don't have to recalibrate.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #12915
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Turbo...

On a track that is only 10mx15m (32ft x 49ft) would it be better to find a good setup that does not use turbo, or a small turbo setting?

Any thoughts would be grateful

Im currently using 9 turbo, 30 boost, start rpm 8xx, end 4000 tp4, ramp 1...

I would like to try 1500 > 3500 instead. Any other ideas?

motor is a redline 13.5, this is for sedan. ty
do you mean 4k start and 8xxx end