Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Has anybody had their turbo not work?
Mine didn't work after 3 minutes each run last weekend. Car was ballistic using Schreffler's settings for the beginning of each race then went flat, like it was stuck in 1st gear.

At the end of the day I did the 90% throttle recalibration then bumped it up to 100%. Seemed to fix the problem, we'll see how it works next race. Oh, and my battery was a little low on my transmitter.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone has setup for RS Pro for very hot weather track?
Track temperature around 33C and 55 to 60C at asphalt surface.

I try this setup below, but didn't work on 11.5T motors ( motor burned at 3 minutes mark )
Profile : 4
Timing Boost : 30
Turbo boost : 5
Delay : 0.4
Start RPM : 3000
End RPM : 10.000
Turbo Ramp : 1.0
Software 2.00

I try another setup with Profile 3, Timing boost 15, Turbo Boost 1 (the others are same), but no power and the motor still very hot.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Piyo I think you've left out 2 very important bits of information, what is the track size and what is your FDR ?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skitee
Piyo I think you've left out 2 very important bits of information, what is the track size and what is your FDR ?
Ups. Sorry.
Track size is 55 x 33m.
I use FDR 5.1 with 11.5T motor (which I used before on SXX TC-Spec and works fine)

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skitee
There's more than 2 important bits of information missing. Knowing what make and model of motor and the timing the motor is set to is essential to be able to find whether the RS settings are correct. Just having the number of turns isn't enough I'm afraid.

On a general note, what type of car (12th, TC etc. ) and what cells (NiMh, 1S, 2S) are useful too. Everything works together, motor, turns, motor timing, FDR (or rollout), ESC settings. If everyone supplies all of the information the rest of the people on the forum will be able to help much more quickly.

Trev
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Ups. Sorry.
Track size is 55 x 33m.
I use FDR 5.1 with 11.5T motor (which I used before on SXX TC-Spec and works fine)

Thanks.
i think your FDR is way too low.. try 8 or 9

i drive a 21.5T lrp X12 motor in stock class in denmark and i geared 6.2 this weekend and won all 3 quals and all 3 finals.. setting where

timming 45
turbo 10
0.3 delay
ramp 2
start rpm ~2700
end rpm 12000
Throtle profile 4
-10% timming on motor.. the 4 dot one.

its was in a xray t3 rubber, indoor at a nice big flowing track, long side around 50 meters. i drove faster then alot of 17.5T on the track.. and thats not my skill that made that happen..

in the super stock class the top 3 winners all drove tekins, the lrp sxx ss where 5 and 6, if i remeber right, but who remembers anything below 1st ,2nd and 3rd place.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Ups. Sorry.
Track size is 55 x 33m.

Thanks.
You will need to gear down quite a bit if you are going to use boost + turbo. Try FDR around 7.5 to start for a large track.

Last weekend in HK, it was very cold, around 13C. I tried a 11.5R @ 7.6 and the motor temp hit around 65C. This is for 2S touring.

I find I usually need about 4 to 6 teeth (48pitch) less on the pinion with boost + turbo for a given track.

You may also want to bump up the End RPM to 14000ish.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You also need to get v. 2.03
Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm looking at getting a new ESC, and obviously this is the one to have.

I know that this ESC has the ability to upgrade software, but does this mean that next year they will not release a bigger and better speedo? What can they possibly do on the hardware side that would force someone to purchase a newer version of this?

I'm just asking as I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a few months to get it if there is going to be an upgrade, or not..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor

I know that this ESC has the ability to upgrade software, but does this mean that next year they will not release a bigger and better speedo? What can they possibly do on the hardware side that would force someone to purchase a newer version of this?

I'm just asking as I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a few months to get it if there is going to be an upgrade, or not..
Software is free, the hardware is fine. Don't wait for anything.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as tge tekin guys have said this is the current model and is being supported into the near future BUT who is to say that some new fangled chip is discovered that makes this speedo and every other redundent ???

Buy it , you wont regret it , i didn't !!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Anyone has setup for RS Pro for very hot weather track?
Track temperature around 33C and 55 to 60C at asphalt surface.

I try this setup below, but didn't work on 11.5T motors ( motor burned at 3 minutes mark )
Profile : 4
Timing Boost : 30
Turbo boost : 5
Delay : 0.4
Start RPM : 3000
End RPM : 10.000
Turbo Ramp : 1.0
Software 2.00

I try another setup with Profile 3, Timing boost 15, Turbo Boost 1 (the others are same), but no power and the motor still very hot.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ups. Sorry.
Track size is 55 x 33m.

Thanks.
Higher your RPM settings and gear lighter. The Tekin is not a LRP SXX TC. It's a lot faster and makes a lot more rev's than the SXX TC.

Try this.
Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0,6
Turbo ramp 2
Start RPM 5000
End RPM 20000
7.4FDR
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

As hardware is upgraded, this filters down to all applications, but in our little niche market it is not very likely faster/bigger memory chips will mark a significant improvement (short of offering downloadable full telemetry data to make data loggers such as the sentry and others redundant). These chips probably double in speed/data every six months or so (just watch when a new generation is launched ont he computer market).

As far as our hobby is concerned, faster, more powerful FETs are more likely to bring significant improvements, but these are not discovered overnight. The current generation surface mount MOSFETs may be a huge improvement over the first generation used in RC back about 10 years ago, but if you check, there isn't much in it (I still have my old brushed speedies and looking at the characteristics, they are so close, you wouldn't be able to tell these are 10 years younger, not to mention they still go hard).

I would then say buy in peace, there's not going to be anything significantly different next year (though companies may try to persuade you otherwise). This is why I think a company that offers free software upgrades is pretty hard to beat. I just hope it doesn't bring Tekin to bankruptcy.

The only hting we don't choose these days (as in the old) is the drive frequency. Some ESCs have automatic variable frequencies and it looks like this is the standard of the day. Perhaps in the future this can change, but I don't think it is going to be the same giant leap that was brought about by introducing variable timing ESC.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Higher your RPM settings and gear lighter. The Tekin is not a LRP SXX TC. It's a lot faster and makes a lot more rev's than the SXX TC.

Try this.
Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0,6
Turbo ramp 2
Start RPM 5000
End RPM 20000
7.4FDR
20000?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker
20000?
What is the problem with 20000?
I have most of my setups around 18000 to 24000 end RPM.
13,5 till 10,5T.
This way the acceleration is smoother and the motor doesn't run that fast hot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.