R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #12136
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
did nobody experience same problems?? need help.
FDR of 1.7 is going to be you're problem. But I some how think you are mistaken there. I really doubt your FDR is 1.7. Maybe you mean that's your internal ratio? What size is your pinion and spur?

turn your car on and hit full break. Do you get full leds?
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #12137
Tech Elite
 
JPMSRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I have a Dutch version and it works great No problems ad all.




That you burn your motor in just 1/2 lap is because they probably have set the RPM settings wrong.
connect it to the pc and see what the RPM settings are.
Post your setup, gearing and motor type and turns.
I dont even know what the settings where, a driver for X Factory who is the Tekin guroo for this area set it up and some Hotbodies drivers installed the motor that smoked while I was racing mod corr. These guys have 15+ years of electric racing each, and can run with any Big Factory Pro Drivers, I know the electronics where correct and installed correctly and they told me I had everything correct that I was trying, they where trying some different things because it just didnt make sense why it didnt work.
__________________
I'm around still!!!
JPMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #12138
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMSRacing View Post
I dont even know what the settings where, a driver for X Factory who is the Tekin guroo for this area set it up and some Hotbodies drivers installed the motor that smoked while I was racing mod corr. These guys have 15+ years of electric racing each, and can run with any Big Factory Pro Drivers, I know the electronics where correct and installed correctly and they told me I had everything correct that I was trying, they where trying some different things because it just didnt make sense why it didnt work.
Probably the RPM settings jumped back to the wrong settings. I think that he forgot to check if the settings were wright.
Let them set right and than it will not burn your motors any more.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #12139
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

JPMS,what motor and class where you running
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #12140
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AUSTRIA
Posts: 233
Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
FDR of 1.7 is going to be you're problem. But I some how think you are mistaken there. I really doubt your FDR is 1.7. Maybe you mean that's your internal ratio? What size is your pinion and spur?

turn your car on and hit full break. Do you get full leds?
hi,
i meant FDR 7,0. when i hit hull break all leds blink on the esc. the esc seems to get the right information from the transmitter but no breaks or very very little to no breaks.
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #12141
Tech Elite
 
JPMSRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
JPMS,what motor and class where you running
Mod 4wd B44
7.5 Ballistic
New 10.5 Ballistic
New 10.5 Orion That Smoked Not mine
I have been running Novak, thats why I have so many Novak motors, I TQ and Won Mod Corr again with the Novak stuff in it. But these guys talked me into going to Tekin and this is my experience. Very BAD. I cant even tell you how that Tekin ESC feels, I have not got to drive it, it has never worked right.
__________________
I'm around still!!!
JPMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #12142
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMSRacing View Post
Mod 4wd B44
7.5 Ballistic
New 10.5 Ballistic
New 10.5 Orion That Smoked Not mine
I have been running Novak, thats why I have so many Novak motors, I TQ and Won Mod Corr again with the Novak stuff in it. But these guys talked me into going to Tekin and this is my experience. Very BAD.
Get it right and you will like the tekin, but not setting it up yourself makes it tough to help you with it.

Like someone else said, they probably set it up but it reverted back to default rpm settings which are WAY too low for those motors.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #12143
Tech Elite
 
JPMSRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Get it right and you will like the tekin, but not setting it up yourself makes it tough to help you with it.

Like someone else said, they probably set it up but it reverted back to default rpm settings which are WAY too low for those motors.
Its a BAD esc out of the box, to many knowlegdable people worked on it last night, and all came up with the same concusion, the esc is just bad.
__________________
I'm around still!!!
JPMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #12144
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

you have three different motors for b44,all were in sensored mode.
is this a rs pro,what were you gearing in the b44
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #12145
Tech Elite
 
JPMSRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
you have three different motors for b44,all were in sensored mode.
is this a rs pro,what were you gearing in the b44
Yes and yes, 10.5 geared at 81spur 25pinion. 7.5 at 84spur 21 pinion
__________________
I'm around still!!!
JPMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #12146
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMSRacing View Post
Its a BAD esc out of the box, to many knowlegdable people worked on it last night, and all came up with the same concusion, the esc is just bad.
mine isn't and i am sure there is 100s of other people like me

we need your settings from in your speedo and what motor you were running , you are not being very helpfull with this part of everyones request , do you have your own Hotwire ?? is so just connect the speedo to it and write the settings on here !!!

maybe and this is just a maybe you have a faulty one ( it can happen ) but without further info no one on here can help you ,

PS i would never let anyone alter my speedo without knowing what they were doing and why , it should be him buying a motor not you !!

PLEASE GIVE US YOUR SET UP we want to help
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #12147
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

on another note


i tried push control 50 today ..............................



cost me a suspension arm when i let off the throttle at the end of the straight !!!!!!

never again !!!!

my fault OOOOOPS
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #12148
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMSRacing View Post
Yes and yes, 10.5 geared at 81spur 25pinion. 7.5 at 84spur 21 pinion
the 7.5 in sensored is very crucial on settings 10.5 a little more forgiving.did you ever try dual mode with the 7.5 the gearing is fine
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #12149
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
on another note


i tried push control 50 today ..............................



cost me a suspension arm when i let off the throttle at the end of the straight !!!!!!

never again !!!!

my fault OOOOOPS
50.you may as well never let off for a turn
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #12150
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
50.you may as well never let off for a turn
yeah i figured that one out !!!

i thought :- oooh i know i'll set it at half and see if i can feel the differance

OOOOOH I FELT THE DIFFERANCE !!!!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net