R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #11851
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
I know, I know, I'm quoting myself...weird I know.

Ok, somehow I missed the button right below the "other versions" box that allows you to upgrade the ESC. When I hovered over it, it said "update". Clicked it and it did its thing - walla, v203 applied.

Still baffled on question 2 and 3 though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Paulie
Quick version - it works, don't worry about it!

Long version.

2. It appeared in the device list in XP, but doesn't appear to under that name in Vista or 7, not sure why but it may be under a different name. Just noticed, you're on XP. No idea but it works so it must be there. Blame it on Windows, most people do!

3. It's just part of the user interface design, nothing more than making it look pretty.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #11852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Very happy with the tekins 2day at our local club My mates car is faster than alot of 10.5 cars, with a 17.5... No joke, it actually reals them in on the straight The gearing is crazy, its geared at 8.2 and it fly's (Literally) Big thanks to James Anslie (B4james) for the help
Seeing is beleaving

b4 James what is your setup

Last edited by Senna Racing; 02-07-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Senna Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #11853
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCoult View Post
Quick version - it works, don't worry about it!

Long version.

2. It appeared in the device list in XP, but doesn't appear to under that name in Vista or 7, not sure why but it may be under a different name. Just noticed, you're on XP. No idea but it works so it must be there. Blame it on Windows, most people do!

3. It's just part of the user interface design, nothing more than making it look pretty.

Trev
Sweet, thanks Trev!

On to tuning...

I posted a link to my track, and what motor I was using, and received two set-ups from two different people that were nearly identical. Upon looking closely, the only big difference was the starting and ending RPM's.

One was 5,000 to 18,000 with timing on the endbell, and the other was more like 3,000 to 9,000 with no timing on the endbell. This is for touring car, 10.5 Yokomo motor (which I think is a rebadged LRP X-11), rubber tire on a fairly large and flowing outdoor track.

Any ideas on which RPM settings I should start with out of the ones I received?

Here's the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgFDuP7e7w

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #11854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Racing View Post
Seeing is beleaving

b4 James what is your setup
This is my 17.5 set up, I still have a little bit of fine tuning on the 10.5 set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin RS ESC sensored-keilor-cup-17.5-v203.jpg  

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #11855
Tech Addict

Well, I figured I'd put one of those tunes on the ESC so I could calibrate it to my transmitter and see what's what.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I couldn't get a response when calibrating the ESC for throttle.

Read something in this thread about reversing the throttle input on the transmitter and that did the trick. Calibrated perfectly after that.

So, first test on the bench and I was literally beside myself. When I heard the turbo kick in it was like having a 2 speed, just as advertised. Not only that, but I've never heard the car scream like that. Definitely sounded faster than any top speed bench run I've ever heard before.

I can't wait to test thing out on the track!

Heck, I might even get me one fo those ultra small netbook computers to fiddle with settings trackside. My normal laptop is too big, and battery doesn't last worth a crap.

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #11856
Tech Regular

Has any one played with the neutral width on there RS ??? What difference does it make, what exactly does it do ?? I have mine set at 10 at the moment.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #11857
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Has any one played with the neutral width on there RS ??? What difference does it make, what exactly does it do ?? I have mine set at 10 at the moment.
It gives you a little bit of trigger travel with no response. I think that's for people who need to fine tune their trigger finger or a radio that drifts a bit. Mine is set to zero ( a good radio shouldn't need any, but you can also set this in the radio, you don't need to do it on the speedy).

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #11858
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
it is how sensitive the throttle is at first pull,a lower number will give a very sensitive touch and a higher number gives you a softer touch (you have to move throttle farther to start)
Old 02-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #11859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
DB: 0
TP: 5
Boost: 50
Turbo: 8
Delay: 0.2
Ramp: 3
Start: 2,500
End: 8,000
Motor: Duo2 17.5 with 0 timing
Final: 5.8
Just as a follow up I wanted to report my findings after yesterday's practice. In the morning we redid the layout of our track. It is now a bit more technical so I definitely wanted the increased rip I was looking for before. The above setup is what I started with based on our last practice on Wednesday night.

The only things I ended up changing where lowering the end RPM to 7,500 (so it was 2,500 to 7,500), and I also dropped one tooth so my final drive was 6.0. The car really came alive and it worked great on our new layout. My temps were 130-145 and the car was hanging with the 13.5 cars (even the ones running Tekins).
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #11860
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know, what is the fixed timing of CS 17.5T? Here in Finland it is one of the two allowed stock-motors, but nobody seems to know what's in it.
Tuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #11861
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCoult View Post
Quoting myself now The HotWire appears as different device names under XP and Vista/7.

Under XP, when the HotWire is plugged in a HID-compliant device and a USB Human Interface Device are added.

Under Vista/7, a HID-compliant device and USB Input Device are added.

So it does show up, just under generic names that are impossible to tell from anything else.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #11862
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How do I resolve this error? Its on XP. It use to work but maybe some software update broke it. I've tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #11863
Tech Elite

Got to run the Tekin outside for the first time today on low grip asphalt.

No-one could touch me in a straight line, but high speed braking needs to be a bit better, I still lose out when I have to properly get rid of some speed.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #11864
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Just as a follow up I wanted to report my findings after yesterday's practice. In the morning we redid the layout of our track. It is now a bit more technical so I definitely wanted the increased rip I was looking for before. The above setup is what I started with based on our last practice on Wednesday night.

The only things I ended up changing where lowering the end RPM to 7,500 (so it was 2,500 to 7,500), and I also dropped one tooth so my final drive was 6.0. The car really came alive and it worked great on our new layout. My temps were 130-145 and the car was hanging with the 13.5 cars (even the ones running Tekins).

the new version really light's up a 17.5,last night i switched to a 13.5 and never found a set up
Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #11865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
How do I resolve this error? Its on XP. It use to work but maybe some software update broke it. I've tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

I reinstalled the .net framework 3.5 SP1 and it fixed it
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote