R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #11746
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi guys i posted back a page or so im looking for a speedpassion v3 10.5 set upfor my tekin rs.
I have the v203 software loaded,im running on a med -large track in tc class.

regards clinton
Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #11747
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
I believe the holding you're car in the air test is just as efective as using a data logger. Same thing.

Good work.
No I now but I was looking on how the car accelerated. With my other setup you had a difference when the Turbo came in. Whit this setup it accelerates straight to it's top. I didn't do it to it's top speed because I want to keep my tires
I now it's not the way but I tested it in the living room and in our garage under our flat. We have a very big garage so room enough. Only problem was the grip. There was no grip so I tried it ad our club on the 1:18th track.
Even there with a lot of grip the wheels were spinning.
You had to see the faces of the other drivers.
They both have a Tekin so they were very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast XXXS View Post
Hi Guys,
Tried doing a search but their are so many pages on here lol. Anyway my question is i heard from a fellow racer that the next software update for the RS is going to be the last as it will have reached its its maximum. Is this true as im thinking about getting an RS Pro (after getting smashed by one on the w/e ) they are just so much faster with the new software but i don't wanna buy one then have only one more software update or TEKIN bring out a new speedy. Does anyone know if a new speedy is in the pipeline?

Cheers
It's not like LRP or Speedpassion that need a new speedo every year.
GM needs also a new speedo and the current one will not be supported any more with new updates.
Tekin is an other story. They build a great speedo with in mind that it will last long and that you can update it.
There service is great and they are there for you. Even as you live on the other side of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
Hi guys i posted back a page or so im looking for a speedpassion v3 10.5 set upfor my tekin rs.
I have the v203 software loaded,im running on a med -large track in tc class.

regards clinton
Here is a setup.
http://www.mikky32.com/index.php?opt...d=35&Itemid=49

But I heard that there are a lot of different setups for the Speedpassion.
I will get an other setup from a Speedpassion driver tonight or tomorrow.
I will post it as I have it.
He is looking for a setup with a lot of acceleration.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #11748
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I just installed a new RS 13.5 system in my 1/12 on a med grip, med size(90x40?) carpet track with 1 sweeper. 78.09 mm rollout

Here are my settings with my 1s Lipo using either a hobbyking Booster or a receiver pack(same results).
v. 203
DB: 10
BS: 90
NW: 10
TP: 3
VC: 3.00
PC: Off
TimingB: 20
TurboB: 0
TDelay: 0.2
1SLiPo, Sensored
ERPM: 4569
SRPM: 2056
TR: 1.0

Problem seems to be a .5 second delay when I hit the throttle and very weak low/mid range torque. TopSpeed seems reasonable but not outstanding and cannot get off 1/2 throttle or she dogs bad.

Any ideas that would cause this? I have also reset my transmitter and same problem. TIA.
xc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #11749
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc7 View Post
Hi guys,

I just installed a new RS 13.5 system in my 1/12 on a med grip, med size(90x40?) carpet track with 1 sweeper. 78.09 mm rollout

Here are my settings with my 1s Lipo using either a hobbyking Booster or a receiver pack(same results).
v. 203
1SLiPo, Sensored

Problem seems to be a .5 second delay when I hit the throttle and very weak low/mid range torque. TopSpeed seems reasonable but not outstanding and cannot get off 1/2 throttle or she dogs bad.

Any ideas that would cause this? I have also reset my transmitter and same problem. TIA.
Try this setup
Boost 50
Turbo 0
Start RPM 1500
End RPM 7000
Throttle 5

Set the roll out to 70
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #11750
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi guys,

v. 203
1SLiPo, Sensored

Any ideas that would cause this? I have also reset my transmitter and same
problem. TIA.
Bump your Timing Boost to 45-50; end rpm ~7000;
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #11751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi guys,

v. 203
1SLiPo, Sensored

here is where I would start
db:0
pc:25
erpm:7000
srpm:3200
timing boost: 45
turbo: 7
delay: .4

not sure about your .5 sec delay when you hit the throttle. sounds like a sensor problem. if that is the case, all these setting are for not. realy important that the sensors are working

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #11752
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi guys,

v. 203
1SLiPo, Sensored

Check your sensor cable and the connections at each end of the cable - it sounds like the cable might be bad or disconnected...
Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #11753
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
Check your sensor cable and the connections at each end of the cable - it sounds like the cable might be bad or disconnected...
Thanks guys,

I tried swapping cables last night and same results. I was told to maybe try my novak 13.5 with the rs. ??
xc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #11754
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks guys,

I tried swapping cables last night and same results. I was told to maybe try my novak 13.5 with the rs. ??
No, just change your settings. Your rpm is too low and you have almost no boost timing in it. Copy one of those set-ups above and try again.

Also, less NW might feel better to you. I can't stand anything over 4.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #11755
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well I ran my Tekin for the first time last night. The profile I started out with wasn't linear enough. It was like a 3 speed transmission and it didn't have any power out of the slow corners. I ended up with a linear setup but it was running too hot. It was pretty chilly out last night and I was still hitting 170+ degrees. Settings were:

DB: 0
TP: 5
Boost: 50
Turbo: 8
Delay: 0.2
Ramp: 3
Start: 2,500
End: 8,000
Motor: Duo2 17.5 with 1.25 ticks timing (or 2.75 ticks under full timing)
Final: 6.17

The motor was running a little hot considering the weather and not running a full 6 minutes. But I was happy with the feel overall. I wish it had a tiny bit more rip out of the corner, but that might be an unreasonable request considering it IS a 17.5 (although it was faster than an SPX/13.5 combo!).

What I ended up changing was taking that one tick of timing out, and then gearing to 5.8. The car felt about the same but it dropped 10-20 degrees.

I still feel like it lags a tiny bit out of the corners. I was hesitant to drop the start RPM lower for fear that it would just bog the motor down and create more heat. Counter-intuitively going to a lower final drive (added 2 teeth) dropped the temps, although its hard to tell if it was the gear change or the reduced timing that had that effect.

What other options do I have to reduce heat and possibly gain some more rip out of the corners?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #11756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One more thing I forgot to mention: at the advice of a Tekin team driver, I programmed my ESC with the radio set at 10% less than full EPA for the throttle. Then after programming I added the 10% back. This actually had a noticable, although not dramatic increase in the rip coming out of the corners.

I also noticed that switching from throttle profile 4 to 5 seemed to have added a lot of heat in the motor. My first setup, although not linear at all and severly lacking in bottom end, was still very fast and the motor was only about 110*.

One thing I did not experiment with was going to a final drive lower than 5.8. I started at 5.8 original, then went to 6.17 in an effort to get more rip. It didn't seem to help the rip but definitely added heat. So I went back to 5.8 where it was "good" but I feel it will run too hot when the weather gets hotter in South Florida again.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #11757
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

M-Technic, I don't run TC so I could be wrong but those rpm points sound low to me. I'm sure an expert will be along shortly.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #11758
Tech Elite

I suppose you know everybody says only change one thing at a time.

My suggestion would have been to start with zero motor timing, zero turbo and minimal boost and figure out the gearing. The latest software version can add so much timing and so fast, it practically moves the goalposts. You can gear as light as you want and still have a lot of top speed (let alone for some long tracks/straights).

This is what I have done. After you find the right gearing, start adding boost and then after adding all the boost you want, play with the ramp. After that, play with turbo/turbo ramp. I know it's tedious, but if you get a good day at the club you might go through the entire procedure in one night. (That wasn't my case though).

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #11759
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Well I ran my Tekin for the first time last night. The profile I started out with wasn't linear enough. It was like a 3 speed transmission and it didn't have any power out of the slow corners. I ended up with a linear setup but it was running too hot. It was pretty chilly out last night and I was still hitting 170+ degrees. Settings were:

DB: 0
TP: 5
Boost: 50
Turbo: 8
Delay: 0.2
Ramp: 3
Start: 2,500
End: 8,000
Motor: Duo2 17.5 with 1.25 ticks timing (or 2.75 ticks under full timing)
Final: 6.17

The motor was running a little hot considering the weather and not running a full 6 minutes. But I was happy with the feel overall. I wish it had a tiny bit more rip out of the corner, but that might be an unreasonable request considering it IS a 17.5 (although it was faster than an SPX/13.5 combo!).

What I ended up changing was taking that one tick of timing out, and then gearing to 5.8. The car felt about the same but it dropped 10-20 degrees.

I still feel like it lags a tiny bit out of the corners. I was hesitant to drop the start RPM lower for fear that it would just bog the motor down and create more heat. Counter-intuitively going to a lower final drive (added 2 teeth) dropped the temps, although its hard to tell if it was the gear change or the reduced timing that had that effect.

What other options do I have to reduce heat and possibly gain some more rip out of the corners?
Set your Turbo delay to 0,4 or 0,5.
Start RPM 3500 end RPM 7000
Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo ramp 2
Gearing depends on the track. Start with a light gearing and go heavier.
Motor timing 0
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #11760
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
One more thing I forgot to mention: at the advice of a Tekin team driver, I programmed my ESC with the radio set at 10% less than full EPA for the throttle. Then after programming I added the 10% back. This actually had a noticable, although not dramatic increase in the rip coming out of the corners.

I also noticed that switching from throttle profile 4 to 5 seemed to have added a lot of heat in the motor. My first setup, although not linear at all and severly lacking in bottom end, was still very fast and the motor was only about 110*.

One thing I did not experiment with was going to a final drive lower than 5.8. I started at 5.8 original, then went to 6.17 in an effort to get more rip. It didn't seem to help the rip but definitely added heat. So I went back to 5.8 where it was "good" but I feel it will run too hot when the weather gets hotter in South Florida again.
The EPA changes have no effect on the motor temp.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R