Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The 19T equivalent is a 10.5 motor

Unfortunately i havent got one but apparently the tekin redlines are pretty good, otherwise when looking around for a motor aim to get one with adjustable timing (these days most are adjustable though) as this will give you more tuning options when you are playing with your RS
Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys i was just wondering what kind of finnal gearing i should be having? right now im at 4.4 on a smaller sized track and cant get any speed? any ideas?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok what motor and what is it in?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

you probably need to know that right lol its a sensored red line 13.5 also mine is reading the esc as an R1 insted of an rs i have tried to re install it and got no where
Old 09-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Uninstall your hotwire software though Control Panel in your puter. Restart your puter and download the latest version off of our site.

You should be good after that.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a quick question for Tekin.

I will hopefully be trying the single cell lipo trick in my 12th scale. I will be running a small lipo receiver pack to support electronic duties.

If I run the receiver pack, will I have to disconnect the BEC? I assume you remove the red wire from the speedo receiver lead. Or will the receiver be OK with voltage coming in from both terminals?

Thanks guys.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM
DJ
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DJ
hi guys, im planning to buy Tekin RS ESC,
what brushless motor do you think is compatible to it ? im looking for 19t brush motor equivalent. thanks
Originally Posted by mangoman
The 19T equivalent is a 10.5 motor

Unfortunately i havent got one but apparently the tekin redlines are pretty good, otherwise when looking around for a motor aim to get one with adjustable timing (these days most are adjustable though) as this will give you more tuning options when you are playing with your RS
follow up question, any sensored motor brand (with lowest price)that compatible to Tekin RS ESC, not necessary Tekin.
For the reasson my budget for now is for Tekin RS ESC only (i invest good esc first worry the motor later) so i need to settle first for a cheap sensored brushless motor.
Can i buy Less than 10.5 turn sensored brushless motor (let us say 17.5) then program it, to run as 10.5 turn only. (sorry cant explain clearly due to my poor knowledge in RC and grammar ) Hoping you know what my question are?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

The 17.5 is slower than the 10.5 so it is not really possible to get it as fast as the 10.5.

But even if you got a 10.5 getting it to run like a 17.5 would take a lot of trouble with experimenting trying to get it similar and if you are club/competition racing i would be surprised if they allowed it.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

The 17.5 is slower than the 10.5 so it is not really possible to get it as fast as the 10.5.

But even if you got a 10.5 getting it to run like a 17.5 would take a lot of trouble with experimenting trying to get it similar and if you are club/competition racing i would be surprised if they allowed it.
i was runing the team orion 10.5 the motor was geting hot went dowen to a 26 pinen with 0 timing on the motor im runing the corally phi but the motor was still geting hot and the esc was worm
Old 09-28-2008, 01:55 AM
DJ
Tech Initiate

Sorry for misleading question, what i mean is 7.5 brushless motor. Can I reduce the speed to 10.5.
for money reason, Im sure with my driving skill now I can not handle lower than 10.5. But sooner or later I will be used to it, and I will crave for more punch and speed.

What im asking is using Tekin RS ESC can i program it to slow down my motor?

By the way Im not a racer, just a happy basher
Old 09-28-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

With hotwire you could turn down the timing to reduce punch and change the EPAs on the transmitter throtle. But getting the same response (if possible) would take a LOT of time.

You would need to check with your club in the first place to see if they would allow it though.

As long as you drive smart you can handle any motor! But ive seen a lot of drivers driving mod for the first time pretend to drive them who just end up smashing their cars.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
I have a quick question for Tekin.

I will hopefully be trying the single cell lipo trick in my 12th scale. I will be running a small lipo receiver pack to support electronic duties.

If I run the receiver pack, will I have to disconnect the BEC? I assume you remove the red wire from the speedo receiver lead. Or will the receiver be OK with voltage coming in from both terminals?

Thanks guys.
Ben,
Just plug the rs into the receiver like normal.
Run a switch on your receiver pack, when you turn that switch on it will turn everything else on, don't turn the the Rs switch.

If you need any help hit me up.

later
Dayton
Old 09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Just ran my RS Pro for the first time today, and with the SP 9.5T its really fast. I started with Sensored only mode and geared it, then turned to Dual Mode with 50% timing, and it just ran SO fast and it wasnt even warm the ESC was half full in temp. and the motor i was able to touch right after the run...

But really need to get familiar with BL as it requires other driving style compared to brushed. But the power low end was just incredible and turning up the timing only made the top end better...

Now i am excited about the races i am going to run!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1armed1
Ben,
Just plug the rs into the receiver like normal.
Run a switch on your receiver pack, when you turn that switch on it will turn everything else on, don't turn the the Rs switch.

If you need any help hit me up.

later
Dayton

Thanks Dayton.
What about the 7.4 volts on the electronics? What do you guys do in nitro racing if your running lipo receiver packs? I'm not sure how the big burly servo you use in truggy compare to the dinky 12th scale servos. Are they made to run @ 7.4 volts or do you step it down with something?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Thanks Dayton.
What about the 7.4 volts on the electronics? What do you guys do in nitro racing if your running lipo receiver packs? I'm not sure how the big burly servo you use in truggy compare to the dinky 12th scale servos. Are they made to run @ 7.4 volts or do you step it down with something?

Some of the servos can handle it, I'm not sure about the mini servos though.
I would run a voltage regulator.

Novak, losi, Much more and a few other companies make them.

later
Dayton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.