R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #11566
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran 17.5 rubber TC yesterday, Duo 2 with 0* on the motor.

Drag Brake: 25
Brake Strength: 100
Throttle Profile: 4
Timing Boost: 50
Turbo Boost: 10
Turbo Delay: .4
Turbo Ramp: 3
Start RPM: ~1500
End RPM: ~6750

Don't know exact track dimensions, but it's a big carpet track (R/CAR, Marion County Fairgrounds in Indy).

FDR was right around 5.8 or 5.9 (can't remember exact number) and the motor came off after 6 minutes around 130*F. I should've went to about a 6.0-6.1 FDR but the car was fast, no one was catching me on the straight (except my friend's 13.5) and I had plenty of rip through the infield. Thanks Tekin

Now I just need to work on my chassis setup!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #11567
Tech Addict

im sure this was discused before but here is the problem i am having. i bought a losi regulator and a thunderpower 2s 350mah lipo. v203 with a novak 13.5ss. i can pull the trigger and throttal works fine. then i pull triger and turn sterring and get all sorts of gogging and stuttering. the 1s box is checked and when i went back to a 2s setting and put my 2s back in the car without reciever pack it works fine. so im kinda lost here. any help would be appreciated. i will try to answer any other information you might need. thank you again

TLR - Team Spektrum - Horizon Hobbies - Team Orion - MIP - Team Gravity RC - Motive RC - F3A Unlimited - Gator RC - Trackside Hobbies&Raceway - HobbyTown USA Lake In THe Hills & TimeWarp Raceway - Windy City RC
matt d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #11568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
Ran 17.5 rubber TC yesterday, Duo 2 with 0* on the motor.
Thanks for the setup. I will be running the same motor setup, but on a fairly open asphalt track. I will use your settings as a starting point. Not knowing your track size, any recommendations on things you'd change if you were running on a track with an assumed ~20ft longer straight, and probably a bit less technical? Perhaps one tick of timing on the motor?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #11569
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt d View Post
im sure this was discused before but here is the problem i am having. i bought a losi regulator and a thunderpower 2s 350mah lipo. v203 with a novak 13.5ss. i can pull the trigger and throttal works fine. then i pull triger and turn sterring and get all sorts of gogging and stuttering. the 1s box is checked and when i went back to a 2s setting and put my 2s back in the car without reciever pack it works fine. so im kinda lost here. any help would be appreciated. i will try to answer any other information you might need. thank you again
Ditch the regulator! WE can take the 2s lipo rx pack just fine. It's you servo that may need the help.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #11570
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Ditch the regulator! WE can take the 2s lipo rx pack just fine. It's you servo that may need the help.
Thanks Randy. I just want to get this straight so I dont blow anything up. Take the 2s receiver pack ( 7.4 volts) and plug it in right into the receiver? My servo is a futaba 9551 brand new never been used, Futaba 4pk with a 603 receiver. What about a switch for the receiver pack.

TLR - Team Spektrum - Horizon Hobbies - Team Orion - MIP - Team Gravity RC - Motive RC - F3A Unlimited - Gator RC - Trackside Hobbies&Raceway - HobbyTown USA Lake In THe Hills & TimeWarp Raceway - Windy City RC
Old 02-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #11571
Tech Addict

reading my post from earlier , I faild to mention that this is for a wgt car wtih a single cell pack. Thats why I have the receiver pack and the regulator

Old 02-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #11572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

btw, futaba says no to 2cell lipo rx packs for their rx and servo

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #11573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

+1 - Futaba doesn't advise applying over 6V to the receiver and servos. Maybe the regulator is the source of the problem. Try attaching the regulator to the receiver pack, and get a voltage reading from the regulator's output plug. If the voltage is greater than 6 volts, that could be the source of the problem.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #11574
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I put 8.4v to my futaba servo (s9650) with no issues.

Again, futaba does say not to exceed 6v. So if your servo blows up, don't blame me.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #11575
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just need a confirmation-

The only difference between the RS and RS Pro is the internal resistance and the lower motor limit on the Pro, correct? I'm about to order a new speed controller, and around here we never run below a 10.5, so if I can save $50 or so, I wanted to go with the standard RS. I still wanted all of the tuning features offered by the new Vegas software, though. The dynamic timing/boost are added to the regular RS as well once updated with the hotwire, correct?
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #11576
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni View Post

The only difference between the RS and RS Pro is the internal resistance and the lower motor limit on the Pro, correct? I'm about to order a new speed controller, and around here we never run below a 10.5, so if I can save $50 or so, I wanted to go with the standard RS. I still wanted all of the tuning features offered by the new Vegas software, though. The dynamic timing/boost are added to the regular RS as well once updated with the hotwire, correct?
You are correct. The RS has all of the functionality of the RS Pro, including the dynamic timing capabilities. The only differences are the # of FETs, size and weight, and the motor limit for the RS (5.5 turn)...
Old 02-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #11577
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni View Post

Yes.
As you don't go lower than 10,5T the RS is your choice.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #11578
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaredevilD View Post
get a short servo extension and unplug it from that instead of the receiver.
ahh did not think of that,,thanks
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #11579
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks fellas. RS and Hotwire ordered.
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #11580
Tech Adept