R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #11056
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Without searching for it does anyone have a good setup for 12th scale 17.5 with V203? Motor timing, Speedo settings and rollout?

EA
here is yangs
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...-17-5-v203.pdf
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #11057
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

OK, ran my 10.5 1/12th today. Had the main won until a small bobble on the last lap cost me the top spot. A broken car didn't help either

Speed was excellent though there were one or two guys that could pull me a bit on the straight. I had smooth, controllable and very strong rip through the infield.

Track was smallish (but not tiny) with a very fast, sweeping layout and pretty good traction.

Set-up.

Tekin 10.5, RS v203. Almost 0 motor timing (it wont quite go all the way to the zero mark)
64mm rollout.
50 Boost
10 turbo, .6 delay ramp 2
8005 end rpm, something around 2300 for start.
Temps between 160-170 after 8 minutes.

Now the questions. I'm using using 4300-4500 mah of battery power. Lap times aren't falling off bad but I would like to close up the gap a bit. I don't want to give up any more straight speed for this layout, in fact a bit more would be nice.

So, drop a tooth or two or bump up the rpm range some more?
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #11058
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Is there a general formula for the switch in FDR from v200 to v203? In 200, FDR used to be 4.8 and after 5 mins was hitting 160-170F. Now with 203, I went up to an FDR of 5.1, 5.3 and ended up at 5.6 and am still at the same temps. Turbo and timing is still the same from 200, ramp is 1.0, delay is the same, but was expecting lower temps with 203 and the new FDR. Car felt faster at the end, but can't figure out why i'm still at the same temp.

My setup is an RS with Tekin Redline motor, factory motor timing.

Should I go with a higher FDR still?
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #11059
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
OK, ran my 10.5 1/12th today. Had the main won until a small bobble on the last lap cost me the top spot. A broken car didn't help either

Speed was excellent though there were one or two guys that could pull me a bit on the straight. I had smooth, controllable and very strong rip through the infield.

Track was smallish (but not tiny) with a very fast, sweeping layout and pretty good traction.

Set-up.

Tekin 10.5, RS v203. Almost 0 motor timing (it wont quite go all the way to the zero mark)
64mm rollout.
50 Boost

Now the questions. I'm using using 4300-4500 mah of battery power. Lap times aren't falling off bad but I would like to close up the gap a bit. I don't want to give up any more straight speed for this layout, in fact a bit more would be nice.

IMO you're running too much total timing, hence the high-ish temps. I'd probably turn off turbo altogether for a track that size.

I'd bet if you drop a tooth or two and either zero turbo or put boost on 40 and the turbo delay on .8-1.0 you'll actually get the top end you want without sacrificing rip. Temps and mAh will go down as well.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #11060
oze
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post

Set-up.

64mm rollout.
50 Boost

I think you use too much energy with this setup. A 10,5 motor with these start and end rpms would almost never run with no boost on, which means that you do not use the torque of the motor at (close to) 0 timing. I suggest that you try the same setup with increasing your start rpm to the region of 4500-5000 and the end rpm to 9000-10000. This will let your motor's torque work better when you come out of corners.
I would switch off the turbo and maybe increase the timing boost to max instead.
Your energy usage should go down to 3000-3100 mAh after an 8 min run. And this will bring down a bit of motor temperature which gives you some room to increase the roll out a little if needed.
oze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #11061
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks oze, that's exactly what I was thinking. This layout, while small, is so fast that I doubt the motor is ever anywhere near the start rpm so I will try bumping them both up a bit.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #11062
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Without searching for it does anyone have a good setup for 12th scale 17.5 with V203? Motor timing, Speedo settings and rollout?

EA
EA, here is another one. the first gets out of the corner real hard. it works for a smaller layout. this one is more for medium to large layout both seam to have less fall off by the end of the run. after looking at the data on the logger a little more, drop the end rpm down to 6500-6600 and drop delay down to .5sec

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6867368-post10772.html

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #11063
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Hey Guys i have a question, i have a tekin rs pro with 17.5 motor and also the hotwire link, how do i upgrade my speedcontrol to the newest version??? thanks for the help..
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #11064
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Hey Guys i have a question, i have a tekin rs pro with 17.5 motor and also the hotwire link, how do i upgrade my speedcontrol to the newest version??? thanks for the help..
Go To Tekins websight to DL Version
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #11065
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
EA, here is another one. the first gets out of the corner real hard. it works for a smaller layout. this one is more for medium to large layout both seam to have less fall off by the end of the run. after looking at the data on the logger a little more, drop the end rpm down to 6500-6600 and drop delay down to .5sec

Awesome! Thanks a lot! Im going to be running 12th tomorrow to get ready for the birds and testing the Tekin. Our track is roughly 96x48 but bumpy.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #11066
Tech Elite

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks a lot! Im going to be running 12th tomorrow to get ready for the birds and testing the Tekin. Our track is roughly 96x48 but bumpy.

EA
figured you were working on bird's setup. good luck. wish i could be there. if the track is bumpy you may want to run like throttle profile 3 or go back and raise the end rpm back to the setup. I found with this setup the first 3-4 laps on the track, i actually had a little tire spin. it was only getting on the straight. but I was running tire with almost no foam. so any realistic rear tire size should be good.

ygpm

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE

Last edited by theisgroup; 01-23-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #11067
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Masterofpuppets

Randy I have a question for you...................

I have a 21.5 motor that got hot and melted the solder inside near the rear of it, can it be repaired or do I have to get a new motor?
Masterofpuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #11068
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRacing View Post
Looking back through the posts, I'm not seeing much on what type of setup adjustments are being used when switching up from a smaller/tighter layout to a larger/open layout? Anyone hit several kinds of tracks yet and have ideas on the gearing/software adjustments?
Yang,

This is part of my post from #11048. I'm following along with the assistance/response given to EA in post #11056 and #11062, trying to craft together an answer to my own question (can often be dangerous).

How would the track layouts compare for your two quoted setups? What type of WOT distances did you have? What type of motor temp's did you see with these setups?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #11069
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post

91mm rollout with 50 boost AND 7 turbo?????? I would think the motor would burn to the ground with that set up. How big is the track and I assume there are no tight corners?
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #11070
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRacing View Post
Yang,

This is part of my post from #11048. I'm following along with the assistance/response given to EA in post #11056 and #11062, trying to craft together an answer to my own question (can often be dangerous).

How would the track layouts compare for your two quoted setups? What type of WOT distances did you have? What type of motor temp's did you see with these setups?

Thanks
i don't like to generalize setups so not real sure what I can tell you. What I have seen is on big track, the infield seams to have higher speeds and smaller tracks have slow speeds on the infield. so if the car is slower then the rpms are lower. so I think the entire rpm range need to be lower for small track and higher for larger tracks. now for range, it is all about you. if you can keep the speeds up, then the range should be small. if you can not keep speed around the corners, then you will have a larger range.

i don't like the larger range setup, they seam to add heat and then I have less controls of the speed of the car around the infield. so I like to run a narrower band of rpms, that ways I know when it will "kick" in.