Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougmartin
Hey guys

I'm looking for a starting point for the RS pro on a 80x36 carpet track. Usually will have full straight w/sweeper....technical infield.

This is my first time with tekin so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug
Doug
Just ran the WCIC Lethbridge leg with my T3/RS Pro. End RPM was around 10,000, start RPM around 2800, boost 45, turbo 10, ramp 3, .3 delay. I was running Speed Passion 17.5 and 13.5 with the same settings geared 108/34 (6.03) and 108/32 (6.41) respectively. I had many problems through the weekend but, horsepower definitely wasn't one of them. In hind site, I could have turned off the turbo (75X48 track). The added kick at the end of the straight was hard to manage at times. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
I purchased my RS just after they became available (October 2008?). I've downloaded four different versions of updates and never had a problem in the download or programming with the Hotwire.

I too don't understand why people are having problems.
Same here. Never had a problem on upgrades. The only problem I have is connection of Hotwire on a Windows 7 64 bit. Anybody have some comment on this problem? or any suggestions?

Work great on a XP OS system on a laptop & Desktop. But not on Windows 7 OS on a desktop.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If that's the case you should add an rx cap to your receiver. Spektrum makes one for like $4.
Will do.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boosta1276
Hi All been reading through this epic thread trying to get up to speed on settings etc after running my rs 203 for the first time last week and think i've got it figured out (testing will confirm that) nice work Tekin!.

It seems to me that one of if not the most important setting in hotwire is the end rpm which you ideally try to match to the max rpms acheived by the motor you are using, FDR and the track layout etc. Now correct me if i'm wrong but the rs detects the rpms the motor is doing at any given moment right?
So something that would ease setup would be if i where to zero all boost settings etc in hotwire and 0 the timng on the can pick an FDR which suits the twisty bits then run a couple of laps the rs would know what the max rpms acheived where and could list it as say a recommended setting the next time i opened hotwire. Not sure if this is possible as the rs would need to be able to write the data and have somewhere to store it. Just a thought all comments welcome
i think i know what you are talking about.i have noticed on mine that i had the end rpm set at 18500.but when i went back into the hotwore to change a setting i noticed the numbers were below what i set.assuming that the motor did not reach the 18500 mark but indeed reached whatever number was there.it was close to the mark i programmed.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Doug
Just ran the WCIC Lethbridge leg with my T3/RS Pro. End RPM was around 10,000, start RPM around 2800, boost 45, turbo 10, ramp 3, .3 delay. I was running Speed Passion 17.5 and 13.5 with the same settings geared 108/34 (6.03) and 108/32 (6.41) respectively. I had many problems through the weekend but, horsepower definitely wasn't one of them. In hind site, I could have turned off the turbo (75X48 track). The added kick at the end of the straight was hard to manage at times. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much. Will give it a try.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bukil
I don't know how people are getting these mishaps and maladies on their speedo. I never had trouble with mine nor any hassles downloading the new firmware.

Maybe, I'm just lucky?
If you are, so am I, and so are at least four other people I race with. One thing I did notice - once I removed all the MS and other c**p that came with my netbook (MS Office 'taster', McAfee Security Centre, MS Security, etc., etc,) it not only goes 100x faster, but Hotwire works more reliably, too. Some of the virus systems need to be turned off, and some of the expensive ones just seem to slow the machine to a crawl, and/or prevent loading of new programs via the web.

I am really annoyed that buying a low-cost PC is an excuse for all these companies to fit software that endlessly pops up asking you to buy things - it reminds me why I love my Mac! Having uninstalled all that c**p, and fitted free security software and a decent browser, all is well with Hotwire and my netbook. HTH
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

People with problems keeping their settings in the speedo, try using the same exact USB port each time you use hotwire. It might be worth the try.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Same here. Never had a problem on upgrades. The only problem I have is connection of Hotwire on a Windows 7 64 bit. Anybody have some comment on this problem? or any suggestions?

Work great on a XP OS system on a laptop & Desktop. But not on Windows 7 OS on a desktop.
The new software fixed that for me. Now runs fine on a Dell laptop with the 64 bit windows 7.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
If you are, so am I, and so are at least four other people I race with. One thing I did notice - once I removed all the MS and other c**p that came with my netbook (MS Office 'taster', McAfee Security Centre, MS Security, etc., etc,) it not only goes 100x faster, but Hotwire works more reliably, too. Some of the virus systems need to be turned off, and some of the expensive ones just seem to slow the machine to a crawl, and/or prevent loading of new programs via the web.

I am really annoyed that buying a low-cost PC is an excuse for all these companies to fit software that endlessly pops up asking you to buy things - it reminds me why I love my Mac! Having uninstalled all that c**p, and fitted free security software and a decent browser, all is well with Hotwire and my netbook. HTH
Strange Peter, that's exactly what I've done with my netbook with exactly the same results! (Plus install a proper copy of MS Office.) Now I know you are good enough with computers I'll get you to set up our race timing laptop to dual boot Vista and XP with no XP drivers next time we need to do it so I don't have to do it again myself!

I've never had a problem with any aspect of HotWire on any PC unless it was my own fault, though I admit I've not tried 64 bit.

Trev
Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

Step 1 of any new pc purchase is to remove the rubbish it comes with

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
Strange Peter, that's exactly what I've done with my netbook with exactly the same results! (Plus install a proper copy of MS Office.) Now I know you are good enough with computers I'll get you to set up our race timing laptop to dual boot Vista and XP with no XP drivers next time we need to do it so I don't have to do it again myself!

I've never had a problem with any aspect of HotWire on any PC unless it was my own fault, though I admit I've not tried 64 bit.

Trev
Only issue I've had with it is on a dual-boot win7/xp machine where the USB cable isn't picked up on the win7 installation, it's not a hotwire issue though as it doesn't find the GM cable either.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My problems all happened on a very clean 64bit system! I also shut down AVG prior to install! It must be a small hiccup with MS 64bit OS?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by georgec
My problems all happened on a very clean 64bit system! I also shut down AVG prior to install! It must be a small hiccup with MS 64bit OS?
I had no issues installing Hotwire on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. That's Win 7 Premium not Win 7 "starter".
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

God I love my little Acer laptop with windows XP!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Is there any possibility of choosing other start value for timing boost than those offerred in the calculated list (after choosing an end value)?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
God I love my little Acer laptop with windows XP!
dell notebook

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.