Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Smoked or not?

Hi all,
First run with v203 and my ESC got smoked (or maybe not). Running 13,5 with 7.1 FDR (basicly Cuffs's setup).
After 5 laps, esc got hot and now only brushed mode will work. If I set ESC to BL/FW he will not run. Did someone experience something simular?
Thanks.
Z

Last edited by rcpoint; 01-21-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpoint
Hi all,
First rum with v203 and my ESC got smoked (or maybe not). Running 13,5 with 7.1 FDR (basicly Cuffs's setup).
After 5 laps, esc god hot and now only brushed mode will work. If I set ESC to BL/FW he will not run. Did someone experience something simular?
Thanks.
Z

Zoran,

I had the same thing with mine. Waiting for it still, after I'd send it to Tekin. (But it's on it's way back!). Had this with my 12th scale 10.5T, and didn't do anything strange, or wrong. I could not get it out of "brushed mode"... I think sending your speedo to Tekin is the only option.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 01-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

strange that the esc gets hot with a stock motor? I installed the v203 but not sure if i want to use it now? What settings were you using?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

My speedo stays cool. with the V203 even 1 led cooler than with the V200.
Now only 1 led blinks and before it were 2.

I clean my speedo once in a wile. (it's the only thing I clean o my car)
I do this because I almost burnt my LRP TC because of it.
With the LRP I had to do this every week because els it started to give problems.
With the Tekin I do this once a month.
A club member burnt his LRP speedo 2 weeks ago and doesn't get a new one from LRP because the speedo was dirty.
Now I find that the Tekin speedo stays much cleaner inside than the LRP but still there comes some dirt in and I don't want the same problems as with the LRP.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
strange that the esc gets hot with a stock motor? I installed the v203 but not sure if i want to use it now? What settings were you using?
Alexander,

I'm not sure about Zoran's ESC. He's not sure it got hot....
Mine didn't get hot. Temp'ed it and it was just 29 degrees C....
Just room temp ;-)....

How's the V203 working in your WGT at Mach?

Best Regards

Robert
Old 01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I sent this to Tech support, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Hey guys, I had an issue with my TC this weekend, it would randomly go into some time of shutdown or protection mode, which locked my servo in one direction and gave a little throttle, making the car do doughnuts. If the car was turned off and back on, it worked normally. I have not isolated the issue completely, but I did switch receivers, disconnected my fan and reset my one touch, verified the battery wasn't too low (would happen about 2 mins in from a fully charged pack). I am using futaba faast with it. Do you know of any conditions that would lead to this? I am not sure it is the speedo, just trying to track it down since it's not entirely repeatable, but did happen about ever other run.

Last edited by MikeXray; 01-21-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I sent this to Tech support, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Hey guys, I had an issue with my TC this weekend, it would randomly go into some time of shutdown or protection mode, which locked my servo in one direction and gave a little throttle, making the car do doghnuts. If the car was turned off and back on, it worked normally. I have not isolated the issue completely, but I did switch receivers, disconnected my fan and reset my one touch, verified the battery wasn't too low (would happen about 2 mins in from a fully charged pack). I am using futaba faast with it. Do you know of any conditions that would lead to this? I am not sure it is the speedo, just trying to track it down since it's not entirely repeatable, but did happen about ever other run.
thats weird that ya said that cause thatswhat my buddies rs was doing prior to going up in smoke.it might be a esc thing.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

beings that i didnt get instructions with my rs pro.how can i tell what the thermal load is by the blinking?or can i just simply temp it?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I had an issue with my TC this weekend, it would randomly go into some time of shutdown or protection mode, which locked my servo in one direction and gave a little throttle, making the car do doughnuts. If the car was turned off and back on, it worked normally. I have not isolated the issue completely, but I did switch receivers, disconnected my fan and reset my one touch, verified the battery wasn't too low (would happen about 2 mins in from a fully charged pack). I am using futaba faast with it. Do you know of any conditions that would lead to this? I am not sure it is the speedo, just trying to track it down since it's not entirely repeatable, but did happen about ever other run.
Can also be the receiver.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Can also be the receiver.
First thing I swapped out.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

First thing I swapped out.
Ok that's what I also would do.
Strange.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Strange indeed. Sounds like a radio problem (not surprising being Futaba ) but it could be the esc I suppose. Suggestion, hook a receiver pack up to the receiver and see if it works right then.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Might not be your problem, but I had a similar thing happen before with a nitro offroad vehicle with a servo going bad. It would put a heavy draw on the receiver which wouldn't even let it drive the servos to failsafe. Might be a similar behavior drawing on the RS's BEC causing a similar brown out.

Try a new servo and see where that gets you.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Might not be your problem, but I had a similar thing happen before with a nitro offroad vehicle with a servo going bad. It would put a heavy draw on the receiver which wouldn't even let it drive the servos to failsafe. Might be a similar behavior drawing on the RS's BEC causing a similar brown out.

Try a new servo and see where that gets you.
Yes, I have seen the same thing happening with a bad servo. Replace your steering servo and give it a try
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
beings that i didnt get instructions with my rs pro.how can i tell what the thermal load is by the blinking?or can i just simply temp it?
here is the manual.do you mean the on board temps you want to stay no more thar 6 led flashing if seven shows change settings http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.