R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #10846
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I had the same problem. Called Tekin support and descrbed what I did, was told that it shouldn't be the Hotwire and I must have disconnected it during the update. OK, I had a second RS to set up and I hard wired the PC to the internet feed, now I have two dead RS ESCs because the second one went. Called Tekin, they said to send both ESCs and the Hotwire in. Did that.

Went to the track, used someone else's Hotwire and it worked perfectly with my computer. What would you guess went wrong?
Was the hotwire plugged into a USB hub or directly into the computer? I've seen weird things happen when the hotwire was conencted to a hub.

Pro-Line RacingHobbywingMIPBOOMrcFutabaPT RC Racing Oils
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #10847
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Updating the software is something you can't stop. If you unplug it during an update it can "blank" it out.

If you managed to blank you two RS's it may be a bad Hotwire, or bad software on the PC being used. Hard to say without being there or using them.

I would like to see both of you try a factory reset.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #10848
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I can't wait to run this weekend. After a brief layoff it's time to get back on the horse and join in all the fun. TEAM PINK went out and did quite well on a track that he was an underdog at. I'll be running a 17.5 in sedan on carpet and will be loving every second of it. One thing I'd like to play with is the turbo on a small track. Personally I would think it isn't needed but until I hit the track I can't rule it out. My PINK little friend ran full turbo so that's what I have to start out with and fine tune from there. Man is it going to be fun.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #10849
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Updating the software is something you can't stop. If you unplug it during an update it can "blank" it out.

If you managed to blank you two RS's it may be a bad Hotwire, or bad software on the PC being used. Hard to say without being there or using them.

I would like to see both of you try a factory reset.
if it gets blanked out can it be redone by another hotwire and pc then do a reset,that way there the rs can be ruled out before sending it in
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #10850
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

If it's blanked out it will have to be sent in for us to program it unfortunately.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #10851
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default Sparadic Infield

How can I get my infield to stop being so sparadic..my rpm starts at 15xx and the end is 7000...what can i do...what can i change...
obi wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #10852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
How can I get my infield to stop being so sparadic..my rpm starts at 15xx and the end is 7000...what can i do...what can i change...
Turn off your turbo, if the infield gets better, your delay was too low or the ramp was too high.

Try different amounts of drag brake -or- push control, one of those could be set to an extreme value not justified by the track conditions.

How long is the straightaway and how tight is the infield? What FDR are you at?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #10853
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Turn off your turbo, if the infield gets better, your delay was too low or the ramp was too high.

Try different amounts of drag brake -or- push control, one of those could be set to an extreme value not justified by the track conditions.

How long is the straightaway and how tight is the infield? What FDR are you at?
the straight away is only 60 to 70 feet..infield is pretty tight...running 1/12 scale with a 73 rollout
obi wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #10854
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I can't wait to run this weekend. After a brief layoff it's time to get back on the horse and join in all the fun. TEAM PINK went out and did quite well on a track that he was an underdog at. I'll be running a 17.5 in sedan on carpet and will be loving every second of it. One thing I'd like to play with is the turbo on a small track. Personally I would think it isn't needed but until I hit the track I can't rule it out. My PINK little friend ran full turbo so that's what I have to start out with and fine tune from there. Man is it going to be fun.
Clint the setup I came down with was pretty good. Although my luck wasn't so lucky in the main as I backed off so I didn't get into the leader and was wadded up myself putting me almost a lap down. After that I had a slight issue that costed me some time.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #10855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[/I]Ha guys I'm looking for a base setup
for my tekin with a 10.5 redline

I have been running 17.5 till now with the
following setup

But I'm stepping up to 10.5 from now till
I go to TITC were we will be running
sp v3 11.5

So I thought I would get some practice
in with 10.5 before I go

Anyway this is what I have been running
in 17.5 and it has been working
well at my local track. So any ideas for
10.5 or a base setup for TITC would
be apprecated

Timing 40
Turbo 15
delay .6
Fdr 5.01
Start 2900
End 12900

motor duo2 with plus 3 from center

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Senna Racing; 01-19-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Senna Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #10856
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With 13.5, why is it you guys prefer more motor timing and less gear? I see most folks in the 7.0 range. I've gone back and forth probably 20 times now, and I can't find anything that feels better than having the motor (DUO2, 1 notch past "middle") timed low, and then gearing it up. I'm around a 5.7FDR now. Boost 50, turbo 10, delay .2, ramp 2, RPM 4500-10000.

The car has so much rip in the infield, it's forcing me to learn to drive out of the turns smooth rather than stabbing the throttle. I realize I probably should have been doing this all along, but it's not as apparent when you don't have enough motor to upset the rear of the car if you're too aggressive exiting the turns.

The new challenge of trying to tame 13.5 has really been a lot of fun. I know it's not quite mod, but this new found power is making practice feel beneficial again. Hopefully there's still a few guys left running 13.5 when the smoke clears from the exodus to 17.5.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #10857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tekin, thanks for the V2.03 software!!! First time out with the new set-up and it was awesome!! Just a few tweaks and my car was ballistic, with ridiculously low motor temps. I may have left some on the table as cold as the motor ended up. Great stuff, keep working to keep us this far ahead of the curve...
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #10858
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Yes start with a completely new model and reset that model. Sometimes you have some trims set that cause problems
Hi Greg,

Yep...done that...still no difference.

Even tried it with my old Futaba radio to eliminate that as an issue...no change again.

It just will not calibrate using the method and settings mentioned in the instructions.

But when calibrating it my way...it appears to work...wont know know for sure until I test it at the track.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #10859
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Tekin, thanks for the V2.03 software!!! First time out with the new set-up and it was awesome!! Just a few tweaks and my car was ballistic, with ridiculously low motor temps. I may have left some on the table as cold as the motor ended up. Great stuff, keep working to keep us this far ahead of the curve...
Unfortunately the low motor temps weren't the case with the fast guys at the NEGS race this weekend in TC. Two motor meltdowns by two of the faster guys in the foam class (including the guy that TQed and won).
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #10860
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Unfortunately the low motor temps weren't the case with the fast guys at the NEGS race this weekend in TC. Two motor meltdowns by two of the faster guys in the foam class (including the guy that TQed and won).
Than they push it to the edge and it's there own fold.

Saturday I tried an other setup but the motor became above the 180F.
I changed gearing and my gearing. My motor temps went down but not my lap times. Whit the setup that I have now I'm a bit faster in the infield and a bit higher top speed.
I lowered the top speed so I could go true the corner full speed like the others. With the higher top speed I had to brake and lost all the advantage.
I played with the start RPM settings to get a better acceleration and that worked. My car accelerates now very smooth. It's also good to drive.
I had a faster setup but it was in the infield to fast and top speed to high.
I drive 10,5 2 cell lipo and the track is small and technical. So to much power will make it harder to drive.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote