R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #10816
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
This one is for the Tekin team.
What would you say the ramp was for boost and turbo before v203? (I mean is it equivalent to 1, 2 or 3 in v203?). I need to decide what ramp to start with.

Thanks
Turbo ramp was 1 with the V200. Boost started in the V200 ad 4000RPM and came in very fast. Don't now till how many RPM.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #10817
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you Tekin for such a great speed control. I ran it for the first time at the Minnreg race in Florida and the car was ridiculously fast!
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #10818
Tech Apprentice

Randy from tekin posted the following on Oople.com and it helped me understand the ramp up better (amongst other things!):

''Motor Timing: Launch

Motor timing is an absolute. Itís effective throughout the entire range of the cars speed. This is the adjustment that should be made for the first few feet of car travel.

Timing Boost: Acceleration

The ideal start/end rpm for boost will depend on the platform/chassis being used along with track size and motor wind. The size of the range will also affect how the car pulls. A narrow rpm range will effectively produce a faster rate of boost vs. a wide range will have a slower rate of boost:

1000rpm start / 6000 end with 50 timing boost will provide 10 degrees of boost per 1000 rpm vs.
1000rpm start / 11000 end with 50 timing boost will provide 5 degrees of boost per 1000 rpm.

Spec Motors:

So far pan cars are using between 1,000 and 7,000 on most tracks. This is due to not having a gearbox and being direct drive.

TCís are showing a useable range of 2,000 to 13,000 on most tracks. This is due to having a reduction gear box.

Offroad spec is showing a range from 5,000 to 20,000 is ideal on most tracks.

Turbo Timing: Top speed

Turbo Delay: This is the time that must expire at wide open throttle to engage turbo. This is NOT dependant on RPMís in any way. Ideally this should be NO lower than .2 and in all likelyhood will be set at .4 or more. Tracks that have straights less than 80ft will likely NOT need turbo.

Turbo Ramp Rate: This is the literal ramp rate of whatever your turbo timing is set. So:

A turbo setting of 20 will give you the following reaction:
1.0 Ramp rate = 20 degrees in 1 second applied
2.0 Ramp rate = 20 degrees in .5 seconds applied
3.0 Ramp rate = 20 degrees in .30 seconds applied

So if you run timing it will just change the total applied, not the speed at which itís applied.''
Old 01-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #10819
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

When will places like Great Planes and Horizon have the Tekin RS in stock again? Looks like there is quite a shortage right now.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #10820
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (89%+)

Aight guys.. this ESC is awesome. I used it on the track for a race this weekend.. and although it rained.. i took TQ with my xray t2 009 Didnt run the main because it started raining.

Took second qualifier with my TC5R which also has an RS. Both cars were fast.. just need a tad bit better overall setup on my tc5r.. it was a little loose.

Thanks for all your help...my sons car will soon get an RS.
RC4ODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #10821
Tech Addict

Just got back from the North East Grand Slam race in Cincy - and tried the Rs V203 in my car and all I can say is "WOW" it's fast. Jim you got a game changer in your corner. Job well done Sir.
Awesomatix USA, AVID, Serpent USA / Desoto Racing, Team Scream, LRP, Psycho Cells Racing, Sweep Racing, T.Q. Wire, Hurricane Motorsports, Core Creations, Hobbytown USA of K.C., 2mm Design and ProLevel
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #10822
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
When will places like Great Planes and Horizon have the Tekin RS in stock again? Looks like there is quite a shortage right now.
1/19/10
SUPPOSEDLY
thankx Bill
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #10823
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Several people at my track are running their 13.5 motors with the following Tekin RS settings:

Timing Boost - 50
Turbo - 10
Delay - 0.8
Turbo Ramp - 3
Start RPM - 5000
End RPM - 15000
Kelly, Im running a .3 delay. Everything else is correct. FDR of 6.08

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #10824
Tech Regular

Ran the RS in race environment for the first time this weekend...man that thing is fast. Had to learn how to drive the car all over again, and even though I was driving a 17.5, had to treat it more like a mod motor, with limited use of WOT.

With that said, I started to feel like the Delay was more annoying than anything. Had to plan for when it would kick in. Why wouldn't it be better to set the delay to 0.1, and control it using your throttle finger. When I hit WOT, I want the thing to go, not wait 20 or 40 ft and explode...

But man, when it goes, it GOES! At first I thought I had a problem, because it didn't seem to be going like I had thought it would from reading posts. Then I realized I wasn't actually pulling the trigger all the way. The first time I did it and it exploded I almost slammed into the boards at the end of the straight...

Can't imagine what this thing would be like with a 5.5....

Nice job Tekin...
markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #10825
Tech Regular

Oh yeah - once I finally learned how to drive it, took TQ, then got sloppy and broke my car warming up for the main...D'oh...have to constantly remind myself to drive it like a mod motor. Too much throttle out of a corner and the sucker will push to the boards...

No worries - buddy at the track also running the RS took the main
markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #10826
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Having a bit of a problem with my RS Pro. When I power up the car, I have steering, but the ESC lights do not flash, there is no tone, and I have no throttle. If I push the "Mode" button, the lights run up and down the light board a couple times and then go to LED1. I still have no throttle. The ESC will connect to hotwire, but none of the settings stick.

Anyone have this problem and fix it on their own? Or am I looking at sending in for repair?
Thanks in advance,

Danny
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #10827
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
Having a bit of a problem with my RS Pro. When I power up the car, I have steering, but the ESC lights do not flash, there is no tone, and I have no throttle. If I push the "Mode" button, the lights run up and down the light board a couple times and then go to LED1. I still have no throttle. The ESC will connect to hotwire, but none of the settings stick.

Anyone have this problem and fix it on their own? Or am I looking at sending in for repair?
Thanks in advance,

Danny
Did you put the cable the right way in to the receiver?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #10828
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:

Thanks in advance,

Danny
Did you re-bind your radio to the ESC after downloading your settings?
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #10829
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-Spike View Post
Did you re-bind your radio to the ESC after downloading your settings?
The ESC won't even power up.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #10830
Tech Initiate

Quote:
The ESC won't even power up.

i sort of have the same problem , i downloaded a profile and safed it then went back in to put another profile on it and the speed control went blank even tryed to go in to speed control manually and there is nothing there no lights nothing .
ioyasm is offline   Reply With Quote