R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #10501
Tech Elite
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf1 View Post
what pos had new 203 program for one day, with 17.5 in my losi and up in smoke it went... spoke to tekin. they said to send it back well i would but dont have time or money for this s**t every time an new program comes out. the car was very fast untill it just stopped,by the way i was running an rs...gearing was 7.3, motor temp was 159deg after 6 mins....
There's nothing wrong with 159deg after 6 minutes, although a good setup with v203 can run much cooler.

Please post your settings for timing boost, turbo boost, RPM range, and Turbo delay.
__________________
Pete Waydo
2010 Big Fat Turkey Race Mini Cooper AAA Main Champion
*** currently in stasis ***
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #10502
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #10503
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRacing View Post
For you Tekin Guys who unfortunately have had v203 banned from your track, I found this link from a post Bob Stormer put out a couple of years back. Maybe you can print it out and post it at your local track. If it were only as easy as downloading some software, then becoming the best racer on the planet. Doesn't work that way. Handling/Power/Driver Error all produce the race result together and unfortunately for most of us - Driver has the larger part of the margin of error in the equation.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html


WHAT !?!?!?!, there is Tracks in USA that does not allow a specific ESC for racing ? WOW !!!

cya
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #10504
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
WHAT !?!?!?!, there is Tracks in USA that does not allow a specific ESC for racing ? WOW !!!

cya
Yes, the Vintage TransAm rules change will ban all ESCs that have adjustable timing and turbo boost.

Anybody want to buy a nice Corally RDX set up for TransAm?
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #10505
Company Representative
 
ammdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,584
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Turbo comes on after full throtttle is held and the set delay is reached, it is independant of boost which is set by RPM.

They can overlap.. depending on how the end user has them setup.
Hope that helps.
__________________
Team Tekin, Team Scream, Paint By Mike, Team Mölzer Mowery Racing, EA Motorsports, Speedmerchant, TQ Wire

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #10506
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Yes, the Vintage TransAm rules change will ban all ESCs that have adjustable timing and turbo boost.

Anybody want to buy a nice Corally RDX set up for TransAm?


Ohhh that class, well, i can understand, i thought it was normal touring stock or super stock classes

cya
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #10507
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
Randy said the delay is the delay from full throttle period. No relation to RPMs. It seemed to me the motor is adding delay because it slows down when a bunch of timing is added at once and it takes a while to spool up and kick in. So in other words even if your timing boost has not been fully expended the turbo boost may add timing on top of it. The ramp rate controls how quickly that timing is added after the delay either 2, 4 or 6 degrees per 1/10th of a second.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #10508
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Ohhh that class, well, i can understand, i thought it was normal touring stock or super stock classes

cya
The Novak race banned the use of 203 & the AE BD in 17.5 Touring. They were legal in 13.5 and Mod classes.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #10509
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #10510
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
Turbo comes on after full throtttle is held and the set delay is reached, it is independant of boost which is set by RPM.

They can overlap.. depending on how the end user has them setup.
Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Randy said the delay is the delay from full throttle period. No relation to RPMs. It seemed to me the motor is adding delay because it slows down when a bunch of timing is added at once and it takes a while to spool up and kick in. So in other words even if your timing boost has not been fully expended the turbo boost may add timing on top of it. The ramp rate controls how quickly that timing is added after the delay either 2, 4 or 6 degrees per 1/10th of a second.
OK, just want to prevent doing something foolish here. So it's possible to set a 0.0 Turbo Delay with Turbo Timing at max, stab it off the line and Turbo Timing will be coming in before or at the same time as the Boost Timing. This could be a real scenario either at the start or out of any 180 style corner. This sounds like a very inefficient idea, so I wont do it. I guess it surprises me that Turbo Delay is between .0-1.0 and not higher. I don't think that any car can reach it's near top speed in less then a second. With that in mind, some overlap must be required for all this to work correctly. I see several guys using a .5 delay. Any track less then 80' straight shouldn't need Turbo anyway according to posts. OK!
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #10511
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
My understanding is the delay is from when the trigger hits full throttle. If it were RPM based there would be no need for a delay.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #10512
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
If it were RPM based there would be no need for a delay.

Ver 204 ?
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #10513
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
ok, got the info...the track straight is approx 90-100ft, and the track surface it self is 100x50...so do you think the 6.7 is still too short for the 17.5 Redline? im going to by a 30 tooth pinion but whats another pinion to start with an compare? BTW im pushing a 106 spur gear...what motor temp is too hot and would indicate short gearing?
i would use a 35/36 that will put you in the 5.7 5.9 range,180 max if it cooler and fast leave it and add some more boost
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #10514
Tech Champion
 
Krio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: At dirt tracks in Michigan!
Posts: 5,102
Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
OK, just want to prevent doing something foolish here. So it's possible to set a 0.0 Turbo Delay with Turbo Timing at max, stab it off the line and Turbo Timing will be coming in before or at the same time as the Boost Timing. This could be a real scenario either at the start or out of any 180 style corner. This sounds like a very inefficient idea, so I wont do it. I guess it surprises me that Turbo Delay is between .0-1.0 and not higher. I don't think that any car can reach it's near top speed in less then a second. With that in mind, some overlap must be required for all this to work correctly. I see several guys using a .5 delay. Any track less then 80' straight shouldn't need Turbo anyway according to posts. OK!
Correct! The option for 0 delay is more for a scenario like this: big outdoor track with a very fast sweeper before the straight where you can't quite grab full power, but you are very near full speed. Then once you hit the straight turbo can kick in early enough to help rip down the straight. For the most part turbo should not be needed on indoor tracks and because boost now goes to 55 degrees start and end timing should be the first thing to work with.
Not knowing how timing applies and having so many options when it comes to how the esc adds timing means there are that many ways to overtime and cook a motor...I sense motor sales have been increasing as of Jan 1.
__________________
www.kriostasis.com
Krio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #10515
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Correct! The option for 0 delay is more for a scenario like this: big outdoor track with a very fast sweeper before the straight where you can't quite grab full power, but you are very near full speed. Then once you hit the straight turbo can kick in early enough to help rip down the straight. For the most part turbo should not be needed on indoor tracks and because boost now goes to 55 degrees start and end timing should be the first thing to work with.
Not knowing how timing applies and having so many options when it comes to how the esc adds timing means there are that many ways to overtime and cook a motor...I sense motor sales have been increasing as of Jan 1.
The GM drivers now how to burn a motor around here.
A Team driver burnt his motor when he wanted to keep up with a Tekin lol.
He was not happy.
A lot of GM drivers are selling there GM 120 with the latest firmware.
This because the GM reached his top speed with the speedo lol.
They all buy the new one or switch to Tekin
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net