Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

carnt beileve that that track want to ban v203, its only because the users of other speedo's are daft enough to not be running a tekin.

its like saying "I WAS SILLY ENOUGH TO BUY A BLUE SPEEDO WHICH I REGRET SO YOU CARNT RUN A TEKIN"

back to a serious note, ran v203 yesterday with 1s and i was blown away by how much power i now have, nimh now no longer have the advantage in stock class

thanks tekin
Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alangking_306
thanks bro fixed already my mistake but.....the power awesome,awesome,awesome thanks
just for reference, what was the problem?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

any braking in a BL creates heat and uses battery capacity. Brake in a BL is created by firing the coils against the magnet. Firing the coils takes battery power, and running against the magnet creates heat. HTH
From what I've heard in the past the Tekin brakes are passive. They don't apply power to the coils. It's simply a short across the coils similar to the brushed days.

A lot of brakes gets the motor hot, and when the motor's hot it runs less efficiently so you end up using more power to go the same speed. I think that's what drains the battery so much.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

Yes. EFRA only bans telemetry that is used during the race.
okay but if the software in the future can read rpm wouldn´t that be like telemetry?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinBasse
okay but if the software in the future can read rpm wouldn´t that be like telemetry?
telemetry is communication between the car and either the driver or the pits.. tekin is talking about onboard data logging for post race reference
Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tallyrc
telemetry is communication between the car and either the driver or the pits.. tekin is talking about onboard data logging for post race reference
okay thanks good to now in the future
Old 01-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

has anyone determined a sure fire way to gain starting points for a track? (eg. with v200 gearing for infield without turbo then turning on for the straight)

i read a fair few pages back someone using a formula to workout average RPM's.. is this the way to go or not really?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone encountered problems with the TQ booster and v203 firmware?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ahmed Aman
I don't know about the TQ specifically but Randy posted that some of the cheaper boosters have had problems (a few pages back).

He said that a higher power booster (Novak) or a receiver pack fixes the problems.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When I ran my 1/12 with a Novak a while back it was doing the same thing. Found I was actually over geared. Dropped my gearing and it was still doing it. I then put the TQ Booster in and the problem went away. Not sure why though, I never was able to track down the cause.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys its probbally in this thread some where but how do you figure out your RPM range?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Actually I neve claimed a high power booster(N___K) was working any better. In fact that booster is the one so far causing the most issues.

My suggestion was that if you're experiencing any radio issues while running a booster(any kind) to try a TX pack to see if that issue goes away. So far the phenomenon is a low VC hit where the booster can't keep up with demand.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ahmed Aman
Tested this combo extensively last night - no problems... What kind of problems did you experience? If you give us an idea of what was happening, you'll probably find the answers you'll need in a few short hours.

BTW - this new software is FANTASTIC, once you find the "sweet spot". I worked with a few fellow racers, and we systematically found what settings seemed to work most efficiently. Start with one common set of settings amongst the group, and when you decide to make changes have one person make one set of changes, while someone else employs a different set of changes. Compare lap times after a few profile revisions, and you'll usually find a good middle ground that'll give you what you want...
Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Tested this combo extensively last night - no problems... What kind of problems did you experience? If you give us an idea of what was happening, you'll probably find the answers you'll need in a few short hours.

BTW - this new software is FANTASTIC, once you find the "sweet spot". I worked with a few fellow racers, and we systematically found what settings seemed to work most efficiently. Start with one common set of settings amongst the group, and when you decide to make changes have one person make one set of changes, while someone else employs a different set of changes. Compare lap times after a few profile revisions, and you'll usually find a good middle ground that'll give you what you want...
I didn't experience any problems, as I haven't had the chance to run v203 yet. :P

It's good to hear that you guys run your TQ booster without problems. Hopefully that means one less worry at my upcoming event.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what does the lower rpm number do where its start rpm in the advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.