R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #9586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
is this the setup you were talking about yang .
yes sir. that seams to work for the guys that I have been working with. both off and on road. we did move the delay down to .3 for some, but some are running .5 all on the same track. I think it just depends on the racer and when he gets on throttle. the guys that are on throttle as soon as they hit apex are running a little longer delay, but the one that don't get back on throttle until they complete the turn are running shorter delay. I am looking for turbo to start kicking in 1/3 down the track and it should pull to 2/3-3/4 of the length of the longest straight.

my theory is to use timing boost for infield speed and turbo for straight line speed. i want the timing to pull all the way through the longest corner. just because you hit the end rpm does not mean the motor is not still pulling. i really think that what this narrow band rpm is doing is it ramps the timing pretty fast and it keeps the rpm low. since timing reduces torque, it is almost like a CVT transmition. it keep the motor at the idea RPM through the corner. and then once the motor spools up after the corner it want to catch up to the timing. this basically give you a real strong infield

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #9587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I dropped .5sec off my fast lap and all I did was use the setting that randy posted.

I ran the posted settings in a 12th scale 1s 17.5 ballistic with 89mm run out(most people run around 100) and the timing set to how ever many degerees the second to the lowest line is. I think it is suppose to be about 10*.

Insane software here.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #9588
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default ESC setups

does anyone have an idea of where the wgt 13.5 and 1/12 13.5 should be at...my track is pretty small ...70 x 30...i know no one can set it up for me. i know we all drive differently...i just need someone to give me an idea..i want it to be as fast as possible...running duo 2 in wgt and orion in 1/12...please give me some input..thanks in advance
obi wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #9589
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
does anyone have an idea of where the wgt 13.5 and 1/12 13.5 should be at...my track is pretty small ...70 x 30...i know no one can set it up for me. i know we all drive differently...i just need someone to give me an idea..i want it to be as fast as possible...running duo 2 in wgt and orion in 1/12...please give me some input..thanks in advance
which posted posted settings are you talking about ?
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #9590
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

damn...10+ pages in 24 hours Gota love Tekin. with some of the good feedback i can't wait to hit the track tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #9591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
damn...10+ pages in 24 hours Gota love Tekin. with some of the good feedback i can't wait to hit the track tomorrow.
+1 - Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #9592
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
If anyone was looking for small track settings, I can't help you at this point. I was running a Novak SS 17.5, and the motor just wants to bite back at whatever timing I throw at it. I did break the track record with our new configuration, but the car still didn't seem quite as fast as it could of been.
Here's what I ended the day off at:
35 Drag Brake
75 Brake Strength
Profile 3
40 Timing Boost
Max Turbo
0.1 Boost Delay
Start RPM ~4800
End RPM ~14000
6.9 FDR

I do not think you need any turbo for that size track at all. My home track is only 65 feet long and turbo is just no play. It just adds unwanted heat to the motor. Your end rpm seems a little high also. I would not think your turbo would even kick in with that high of an end rpm.

Randy posted a 13.5 setup a few pages back. I would start by looking at it and go from there. He was on a larger track with a very low turbo setting. With the amount of power this new software makes you will not be using the full range of all the settings even though you can set them up.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #9593
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ive seen FDRs for 17.5 from 5.2 to 6.9 with the new software. Seems like a big difference. Which is correct?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #9594
Tech Apprentice

Is anyone having issues with 1 cell lipo with 13.5 motor. A couple of us had our cars cutting out for a second or two with this software. I'm also using a novak booster and spektrum receiver with module. When it happens the transponder light goes out...everything dies and the booster goes out. The red light starts to flash (on the booster) a couple of times then everything powers back up again. Even happened when I bench test it. If I role the throttle on, after a couple time everything just quits. It will power back up but only after a second or two. When it happens on the track your helpless until it decides to power back up again. Some had issues other didn't. I'm thinking it could be a bad booster.

any thoughts???

Duo 2 motor
Twin 1 Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #9595
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

With 13.5 I was running a 7.02 and a 7.4 FDR. I used Randy's TC 13.5 sheet as a base and tried to fine tune a bit. I turned turbo down and timing down a bit and ran slightly lower gearing than he had on his sheet but I liked it. It was blistering fast down the straight.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #9596
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin 1 Kevin View Post
Is anyone having issues with 1 cell lipo with 13.5 motor. A couple of us had our cars cutting out for a second or two with this software. I'm also using a novak booster and spektrum receiver with module. When it happens the transponder light goes out...everything dies and the booster goes out. The red light starts to flash (on the booster) a couple of times then everything powers back up again. Even happened when I bench test it. If I role the throttle on, after a couple time everything just quits. It will power back up but only after a second or two. When it happens on the track your helpless until it decides to power back up again. Some had issues other didn't. I'm thinking it could be a bad booster.

any thoughts???

Duo 2 motor
Try running the old 200 version and see if it does it. If so, its the booster.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #9597
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Try running the old 200 version and see if it does it. If so, its the booster.
first qualifer v203...did it
second qualifer v200...fine
main v203 with adjustments....did it again

Anything else???
Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #9598
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Anything else???
I'll let you know after tomorrow when I run it all for the first time! See ya at the track...
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #9599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

Anything else???
yes, I have heard a couple people having that problem in 1 cell. a rx pack fix both issues I have heard about. also it maybe your setup. I would think that if your setup require a lot of torque or too much timing too soon, then you are asking the motor to do something it can't so it draw soo many amps that your booster is shutting down

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #9600
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
I'll let you know after tomorrow when I run it all for the first time! See ya at the track...
not racing tomorrow...I'll be out at the track to pick up some stuff. I'm racing a lot in the States and I need to get this issue figured out.