Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziman View Post
Tried that.. Still no luck..
try with firefox
Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #9572
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have the same problem. My dumb ISP email seems to block a lot of incoming email, even ones I want. I've registered several times with my cookies set to lowest settings and can't seem to get the email from tekin.

Can someone try and send me their v203 zip? Thanks!
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #9573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

setup a gmail account. free webmail is great and I know for a fact that tekin emails get to gmail.

Randy has asked that user not just email the file around. they really do what to know who is running tekin. remember all this has been free to all, so please try and respect tekin's wishes. not too much to ask for something that is costing $350 to users of other brands, that tekin has provided for FREE!!!

I can tell you I have spent probably 20+ hours at the track testing with as many drivers of tekin speedos that I could get a hold of. I even will load 203 on their speedo, but have asked them to go to the web site to get the software. it may sound like I am being an ass, but hey, I spend 2-3 hours with each of these guys to help them with setup of the speedo for nothing, I load the FREE software for nothing. it should not be a big deal for them to spend 5 mins of their time to register with tekin

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #9574
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anyone was looking for small track settings, I can't help you at this point. I was running a Novak SS 17.5, and the motor just wants to bite back at whatever timing I throw at it. I did break the track record with our new configuration, but the car still didn't seem quite as fast as it could of been.
Here's what I ended the day off at:
35 Drag Brake
75 Brake Strength
Profile 3
40 Timing Boost
Max Turbo
0.1 Boost Delay
Start RPM ~4800
End RPM ~14000
6.9 FDR
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #9575
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I agree, I loaded it on a lot of speedos but I asked everyone to just go to the Tekin site to get the software.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #9576
Tech Master

I go to bed now.
I now that I will not sleep tonight. Can't wait till I can test it myself.

The car is running great and the V200 was fast on this layout. Now I believe I will be even faster.
This Sunday I have a race. The 3rd race of 5 races. I'm shared 4th and Last weekend I was for the first time faster than the nr. 2 of the competition.
It's his home track and I hope that I can finally bead him.

They were interested in the Tekin, so after this race I hope he will be even more interested.

I hope that I will be on time back tomorrow. I hope that I can let some one film me will I drive. I will post the film than.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #9577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I go to bed now.
I now that I will not sleep tonight. Can't wait till I can test it myself.

The car is running great and the V200 was fast on this layout. Now I believe I will be even faster.
This Sunday I have a race. The 3rd race of 5 races. I'm shared 4th and Last weekend I was for the first time faster than the nr. 2 of the competition.
It's his home track and I hope that I can finally bead him.

They were interested in the Tekin, so after this race I hope he will be even more interested.

I hope that I will be on time back tomorrow. I hope that I can let some one film me will I drive. I will post the film than.
awesome dude

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #9578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkiy View Post
I have the same problem. My dumb ISP email seems to block a lot of incoming email, even ones I want. I've registered several times with my cookies set to lowest settings and can't seem to get the email from tekin.

Can someone try and send me their v203 zip? Thanks!
Mike call me at my cell.ygpm

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #9579
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
are you sure you are talking about the duo2 and not duo1? The duo 2 as variable timing, not only three timing adjustments like the duo1.

I would be interested as well what timing the duo2 comes with. In the document that someone wrote privatly to explain the RS and hotwire he stated that maximum timing possible on the motor would be 10 degrees and that most of the adjustments would be less then zero. I don't care about the maximimum timing the motor can get but just want to know what timing the motor has as a factory setting so i know how to adjust the rs and also what setting would be considerd zero.
I'd like to know this too. Many people tell me to set the motor to "0 degrees" when the zero mark is actually a bit advanced on most motors. Are you guys just guessing where the actual zero is, or you just put it on the zero mark of the endbell?
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #9580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
the ones i posted yesterday is the best I got so far.
Yang,

I'm curious what FDR and what brand motors are being used in TC - 13.5 and 17.5 turn motors with the setup you mentioned.

and does the rpm range have to be altered for motors with different turns. For instance your experience so far is the rpm range is 2100-4900 for 13.5. What would make most sense for a 17.5 turn or 21.5 turn motor ? An increase or decrease of #### rpm ? Does anyone have an opinion on this ?

thanks,

Jake
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #9581
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
If anyone was looking for small track settings, I can't help you at this point. I was running a Novak SS 17.5, and the motor just wants to bite back at whatever timing I throw at it. I did break the track record with our new configuration, but the car still didn't seem quite as fast as it could of been.
35 Drag Brake
75 Brake Strength
Profile 3
40 Timing Boost
Max Turbo
0.1 Boost Delay
Start RPM ~4800
End RPM ~14000
6.9 FDR
can you share little bit more detail about your setting ? a TC rubber? asphalt? size of ur track?thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #9582
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
can you share little bit more detail about your setting ? a TC rubber? asphalt? size of ur track?thanks
Rubber tire 17.5 on a 50x30ft track.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #9583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default 203 setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
there are alot of ways to setup the speedo now with all the new setting. the last couple of weeks of testing, I have gone a different direction then most. what I have been doing is using timing boost to help the car get out of the corner faster. so I work on a combination of timing and gearing. i add 5 degrees each time until I find that the acceleration out of the corner feels soft. then I start to add more gear and see where I am. once I find a good combination of timing and gear, then I work on turbo. I use turbo mainly on the straight. it really is to raise your top speed. If there are several places on your track that you hit top speed, then you are just going to have to come up with a compromise or pick the longest straight. as far as start and end rpm i try to keep them between 1500 and 2500rpm difference. this is really because i find that any more does not get the car out of the corners any better then vegas 200. I start high in the rpm range of the motor and then work my way down 500rpm each time.

so for our "large" track, for 17.5 1/12th I ended up with the same roll out as my vegas 200 setup. I left the rpm range the default in the v203 and had 10 end bell timing and 45 software timing and 6 turbo at .4sec, ramp 2. this basically dropped my laptime .5sec a lap.

we now have a new layout. most of the guys were at the track all day and ran vegas 200 to get a good setup. then we loaded v203. in 13.5 tc. most found that they liked 10 motor timing, 50 software timing, turbo 8, .4sec delay, ramp 3 and rpm 2100-4900. motors were coming offf at 101-110 and most drop laptimes by .5 - .8 sec

i did try the larger span of start and end rpm, and really it felt softer then a narrow rpm range. i also find that anything less then .4 really does not do anything for turbo. it just ramps to early.

just fyi 17.5 is 2200Kv and 13.5 is 3300Kv

i am sure that the other setup yield just as good results
is this the setup you were talking about yang .
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #9584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Yang,

I'm curious what FDR and what brand motors are being used in TC - 13.5 and 17.5 turn motors with the setup you mentioned.

and does the rpm range have to be altered for motors with different turns. For instance your experience so far is the rpm range is 2100-4900 for 13.5. What would make most sense for a 17.5 turn or 21.5 turn motor ? An increase or decrease of #### rpm ? Does anyone have an opinion on this ?

thanks,

Jake
the FDRs that all were running were their vegas 200 setup. with no gear changes. there were a combination of duo and duo 2 motors. and the 13.5 was all 2 cells. I am not seeing a change based on track other then tuning in turbo. all the guys at this point are running the same 13.5 2 cell setup for tc and 2wd buggy.

my 17.5 were all from my personal testing the last couple of weeks. so I don't have much info for you. this is with 1cell. and sunday will give me an idea of the setip i have will work on a med size track. so after sunday I will know if the setting vary track to track.

I have not figured out the relationship between 2 cell and 1 cell. but the 13.5 2 cell rpms is lower then my 17.5 1 cell rpm.

Turbo for me is still for straight line speed I just am not an advocate of less then .3-.4 delay. i just don't understand adding turbo when I can just add timing boost. and then I can use turbo as "Turbo"

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #9585
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
35 Drag Brake
75 Brake Strength
Profile 3
40 Timing Boost
Max Turbo
0.1 Boost Delay
Start RPM ~4800
End RPM ~14000
6.9 FDR
when you say it bit back what do you mean,endbell is 25 deg 40 timing boost thats 75 where most have only gone to 55,turbo ?