R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #9331
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
This is what I hate about Tekin.. They have great hardware andf they just release the software to make it world class. Now everybodies stumbling around trying to figure it out.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM DRIVERS.

Isn't the point of giving it to them early is to let them test it and work out some profiles for the guys who pay full price for the product.

All we need are some starting points.

17.5 touring
13,5 touring
WGT
17.5 12
13.5 12
and some oval settings.

Come on guys, put the final piece in place and make this thing really rock. We shouldn't have to cruise through 20 pages on this forum and try to put something together.

It just came out this afternoon. And it's a holiday. Tekin has done a great job of supporting us...the full price payers. No need to crack the whip imo. People complained when the original Vegas version came out and they rolled it out slowly...now we're going complain when they give us software a day early? and for free??? not me...
Old 12-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #9332
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

OK, I can see this getting me in to all sorts of trouble with the wife! Does anyone have a feel for what rpm you want the turbo to start kicking in? I see selections as low as 776 rpm and up to 4526 rpm. I assume that you want the car to be traveling at a certain speed before kicking in the turbo or it would be like skipping a gear in a real car and it would bog down. I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do you determine what the motor rpm is at half way down the straight? Our track has a couple of short shoots that could get get tricky in setting this. If the turbo starts kicking in right when you need to get off the gas for a turn, it could actually make you over shoot the turn, correct?

Boy, is there a lot to learn! Any help would be appreciated. My current fastest set up with the old software is 20 boost, max turbo, .2 delay with a 68mm rollout running 1s/13.5 in 1/12 scale. Straight is about 66 ft.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #9333
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS with Novak 5600 power capacitor

Sorry to jump in here but I was just woundering if I could replace the stock rs cap with the novak power cap (re GTX cap) ? .what will it increase if its a go to install this .
Thanks in advance
Matt
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #9334
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post

It just came out this afternoon. And it's a holiday. Tekin has done a great job of supporting us...the full price payers. No need to crack the whip imo. People complained when the original Vegas version came out and they rolled it out slowly...now we're going complain when they give us software a day early? and for free??? not me...
Don't misquote me. I am quite happy it is out early and free. It is just frustrating when they are holding back on giving the final piece of information. One of the reasons XRay is so successful is they give you the information to run their product correctly, their team drivers have a setup for almost every track in the world on their website. would it be so hard for some of Tekins guys to post a few full setups???????

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #9335
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Don't misquote me. I am quite happy it is out early and free. It is just frustrating when they are holding back on giving the final piece of information. One of the reasons XRay is so successful is they give you the information to run their product correctly, their team drivers have a setup for almost every track in the world on their website. would it be so hard for some of Tekins guys to post a few full setups???????
I would be more than happy to do that if I were on the team. (hint, hint)
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #9336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Well here's one.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6788551-post9307.html
Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #9337
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Why not stick with the receiver pack? Should be smaller and lighter than 2 AAA batteries.
Actually, the receiver pack was out of my 808, so it was big, heavy, and needed a regulator.
During my first track test, I noticed that my aaa's went dead part way through the run. I will test some more, with how I have the connections, and let you all know.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #9338
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

where do you get boost at 50
Old 12-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #9339
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post

Steve,

I agree TOTALLY. Thanks Tekin We'll all get the help we need, lets just lighten up a bit here. This thread is like a frenzied pack of starving wolves with one little rabbit (Randy) in front of us.

It's New Years, hope the Tekin guys get out the door and head down to "The Mill" for a Prime Rib and a few beers. You deserve it!

Aaron
Old 12-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #9340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

For clarities sake I make a motion we refer to Timing Boost as simply "Timing" and Turbo Boost as "Turbo".

The RPM start and end values determine at what RPM the Timing value begins and ends, not Turbo. We'll have a heap of a mess if we get our wires crossed up in semantics.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #9341
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What are the recommended RPM ranges being based on?

A 17.5 will spool to 7000rpm in 0.1 seconds from a standing start and anything hotter is only going to get there quicker, so if the max is anything less than 7000 the timing effectively comes on straight away.

In setting up an MMP for a friend I found in 4wd off road 17.5 that 6200rpm start and 13200rpm end point (wanted higher but there weren't many options) with 40 degrees of timing gave the best results. Motor will rev out to about 18-19000rpm depending on gearing and straight length.

With the new adjustability for boost turbo might not be needed but if it is used I would be starting with 0.5 as a minimum. Guess I will have to rebuild my B44 now so I can get some testing time.
Marman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #9342
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are setups from Tekin for the oval guys on Hobby talk

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=277167

But of course it's a holiday "sarcasm"

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #9343
Tech Elite

sorted had to refresh the Hotwire page a few times.

cammer the link posted a few pages back to another forum for oval guys had some good info about how the new software works.

I think anyone who fiddles around a bit with it will start to understand it better.
In a few days the guys will also have better feedback and suggestions.

Thanks TEKIN and Happy NEW YEAR everyone !!! from South Africa.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #9344
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
Actually, the receiver pack was out of my 808, so it was big, heavy, and needed a regulator.
During my first track test, I noticed that my aaa's went dead part way through the run. I will test some more, with how I have the connections, and let you all know.
Get a booster like the Novak one...it will make your life a lot easier. Never have to worry about RX batteries again, and they aren't that expensive.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:20 PM   #9345
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i just seen the WOW factor and HOLY Mother f%[email protected]# s&%@, 50+, so i guess the total of 30deg is gone out the window thats what i had and didnt see much of a gain but after seeing a few setups now i do,one thing is that i thought this was stock racing more like slow mod