R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #8836
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Can't seem to update my RS Pro....

Downloaded this file:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
Then I uninstalled the hotwire software i downloaded from the Tekin website before installing the version in the zip file downloaded.

After installing it, hooked up the ESC and hotwire to the PC... after the software loads a pop-up comes out saying "Some of the user values are outside the expected range! Your ESC may not be compatible with this version of the Hotwire."

When i click on "View Versions", the list only goes up to "198"... no "200".

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #8837
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
I was at a race recently, and noticed that I had a problem with the car running backwards after hitting a board. Eventually, the car would proceed in the proper direction after a few seconds, but not before travelling backwards for a second. The sensor cable was replaced twice, but the problem persists. Reverse has been disabled, since the car isn't used for anything but racing. Has anyone observed the same behavior (and more importantly, figured out what causes this to happen)?
Joe was having some weird stuff with his setup and i found the sensor pins on the bell were loose..it looked good with the leds until i wigled the sensor cable.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #8838
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

that is still the 198,double check that you un install the old first before you do the 200
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #8839
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
Can't seem to update my RS Pro....

Downloaded this file:


Then I uninstalled the hotwire software i downloaded from the Tekin website before installing the version in the zip file downloaded.

After installing it, hooked up the ESC and hotwire to the PC... after the software loads a pop-up comes out saying "Some of the user values are outside the expected range! Your ESC may not be compatible with this version of the Hotwire."

When i click on "View Versions", the list only goes up to "198"... no "200".

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
You forgot to remove the hidden files.Here is a you tube video of randy explaining how to uninstall the files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #8840
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Joe was having some weird stuff with his setup and i found the sensor pins on the bell were loose..it looked good with the leds until i wigled the sensor cable.
I have a feeling it's a problem with the endbell, as the motor I'm using has caused a few problems in the past. I tried the "wiggle test", and everything seemed to check out OK. I'll know for sure after the next race, since I have another 13.5 to test with.
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #8841
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

I have finally bought an RS Pro and the hotwire, both will arrive tomorrow. In the mean time is there any thing I can download and install ready for there arrival.
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #8842
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Just obtained a 10.5 and 17.5 duo 2 motors. Looking for rollout and Settings for V200 .
Running 1/12th in doors carpet track. Large.
Much appreciated in advance
17.5
tp-3
0 motor timing
25 esc timing
max turbo
.8 delay
sensored
1 cell box checked
93 mm rollout
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #8843
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
I have finally bought an RS Pro and the hotwire, both will arrive tomorrow. In the mean time is there any thing I can download and install ready for there arrival.
Yes this
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...Hotwire200.zip

after that plug in the hotwire and your ready to update your speedo.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #8844
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
I have a feeling it's a problem with the endbell, as the motor I'm using has caused a few problems in the past. I tried the "wiggle test", and everything seemed to check out OK. I'll know for sure after the next race, since I have another 13.5 to test with.
Sounds good. If u need help you know where to find me
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #8845
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Anyone running the rs pro with the duo 17.5 red endbell motor? What settings have you found work well?

Cheers
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #8846
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Anyone running the rs pro with the duo 17.5 red endbell motor? What settings have you found work well?

Cheers
around 10 on the motor 15-20 on the boost geared med/small track 5.0-5.2 fdr
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #8847
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
around 10 on the motor 15-20 on the boost geared med/small track 5.0-5.2 fdr
+1 if you're running a first generation Duo, but will get you in the ballpark for Duo 1/Duo 2 motors. Might gear to gear a few teeth shorter on the Duo 2 for best performance.
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #8848
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,336
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

With upgrading from 200 to "Vegas" 200, is there still hidden files that need to be removed?
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #8849
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

its a vista thing
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #8850
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
You forgot to remove the hidden files.Here is a you tube video of randy explaining how to uninstall the files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y
This is great! Thanks for this... now v200 is up and running. Can't wait to try the car out on the track.
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net