Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading this thread for a while, I use a speedpasion GT2 at the moment but I want to up grade. The RS pro is on my radar for 13.5 and 10.5 touring car racing. I have been racing for around 6 years now but I like most people I race with are really put off the likes of the RS esc and GM etc because they are so complicated to setup and programme. I would really like to buy on RS but iam holding back because of this. Now to the point, if some one was to publish either on here or on the Tekin website a step by step guide from opening the box to installing the hotwire software and programming including all the confusing stuff about about windows xp/vista etc then I would buy one straight away.
I know all the info is prob already in this thread some where but a step by step guide for muppets like me would be a big help. Just a thought
Everything you're asking for is either included in written instruction with the RS and hotwire, in an easy to find video on Tekin's website, or very intuitive when the hotwire program is open for ESC adjustment.

It's really not as difficult as it first appears.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Uninstall whatever you downloaded from the website and download the version posted 3 posts before yours.

Probably what's going on is that your RS has a newer version software than your hotwire software has.

Once you get V200 downloaded, update the firmware on your RS to 200 and you'll have all the current adjustments.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Yes.
Can it also keep up with the AE Black diamond?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It will shortly
Old 12-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

It's hart to wait when you now that the new update will be fast.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Uninstall whatever you downloaded from the website and download the version posted 3 posts before yours.

Probably what's going on is that your RS has a newer version software than your hotwire software has.

Once you get V200 downloaded, update the firmware on your RS to 200 and you'll have all the current adjustments.
Works perfect, thanks.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Possible problem with sensor port on ESC???

I was at a race recently, and noticed that I had a problem with the car running backwards after hitting a board. Eventually, the car would proceed in the proper direction after a few seconds, but not before travelling backwards for a second. The sensor cable was replaced twice, but the problem persists. Reverse has been disabled, since the car isn't used for anything but racing. Has anyone observed the same behavior (and more importantly, figured out what causes this to happen)?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
I was at a race recently, and noticed that I had a problem with the car running backwards after hitting a board. Eventually, the car would proceed in the proper direction after a few seconds, but not before travelling backwards for a second. The sensor cable was replaced twice, but the problem persists. Reverse has been disabled, since the car isn't used for anything but racing. Has anyone observed the same behavior (and more importantly, figured out what causes this to happen)?
Dude, how hard are you hitting the boards??? Sorry, left yourself open for that one.

Seriously. You have no other electrical glitches with the motor? Sounds like you may have a motor sensor issue. Have you tried a different motor in the car with the same result?
Old 12-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VRacing
Dude, how hard are you hitting the boards??? Sorry, left yourself open for that one.

Seriously. You have no other electrical glitches with the motor? Sounds like you may have a motor sensor issue. Have you tried a different motor in the car with the same result?
You're right - I walked right into that one... Maybe I've been hitting hard enough to unlock the hidden "retreat to my pit table" mode.

I was thinking the same thing (motor sensor/endbell), since this motor has been giving me issues on an intermittent basis. I haven't tried another motor yet (too busy with snow removal after the storm that hit the Northeastern US last night, LOL), but I'll try another motor and see if the issue is resolved.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You're right - I walked right into that one... Maybe I've been hitting hard enough to unlock the hidden "retreat to my pit table" mode.

I was thinking the same thing (motor sensor/endbell), since this motor has been giving me issues on an intermittent basis. I haven't tried another motor yet (too busy with snow removal after the storm that hit the Northeastern US last night, LOL), but I'll try another motor and see if the issue is resolved.
No need to take shots in the dark -- the RS has built-in sensor checkers. Power everything up and turn the wheels by hand. Watch the last three LEDs -- they light up dimly when a sensor is triggered. Turn the wheels and each of the last three LEDs should light up intermittently. If one or more doesn't then you've got an issue with either the sensors themselves or with the cable. It's also possible that there's a problem in the ESC, but it's far less likely than the other two options.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Checked the 3 LEDs for proper sensor operation, and everything checked out fine with the 3 different cables that were used for troubleshooting. I'm hoping the issue isn't with the ESC, but I'll check the system using another motor and see if the problem clears up.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

When I picked up my first RS last year I had the same thing happen on an off camber turn when I would lose the back end and roll down the hill backwards. This was when dual mode was faster in stock using the motor timing slider. Are you running dual mode by chance?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
When I picked up my first RS last year I had the same thing happen on an off camber turn when I would lose the back end and roll down the hill backwards. This was when dual mode was faster in stock using the motor timing slider. Are you running dual mode by chance?
Oddly enough, I am running dual mode in my 13.5 1S 1/12 scale car. The weird part about this problem is that it'll happen occasionally. Maybe I'll switch back to sensored only and see if the problem recurs.

One thing I did notice while checking the sensors using the method mentioned by reenmachine a few posts back - one of the sensor lights is a little dimmer than the other two. Maybe it's my eyes or my imagination, but I'm wondering if one of the sensors isn't being read properly...
Old 12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

it will always be dim,it flickers when you rotate it you may see one or two
Old 12-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tekin RS in 1/12th with DUO 2 motors

Just obtained a 10.5 and 17.5 duo 2 motors. Looking for rollout and Settings for V200 .
Running 1/12th in doors carpet track. Large.
Much appreciated in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.