R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #8641
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Furman View Post
rough ETA?
Snowbirds?
__________________
"we need to do at least 11.2 km/s to break earths orbit or almost the speed as Cam's car"

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #8642
Uga
Tech Regular
 
Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: By the Baltic Sea
Posts: 441
Default

Hi,

a friend of mine has a problem with his new RS: sometimes after standing still on the starting line for 30+ sec the motor won't run and he'll miss the start. It's strange because he ran a few warmup laps before that and it was OK, but after taking starting position you have to unload the rear tires to make the motor run, after that the whole run is OK.

Using 2S Lipo in World GT with newest software updated, Tekin Redline 17.5T motor, temp is fine, usually under 60C.

Has anybody seen something simillar?
__________________
-=Xray XB4=-
-=Xray XB8E=-
-=Schumacher Cougar KF2=-
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #8643
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Hi,

a friend of mine has a problem with his new RS: sometimes after standing still on the starting line for 30+ sec the motor won't run and he'll miss the start. It's strange because he ran a few warmup laps before that and it was OK, but after taking starting position you have to unload the rear tires to make the motor run, after that the whole run is OK.

Using 2S Lipo in World GT with newest software updated, Tekin Redline 17.5T motor, temp is fine, usually under 60C.

Has anybody seen something simillar?

Yup,

1. motor overheated at one point, try different motor
2. sensor cable is bad, try a different sensor cable
3. reflash the Tekin (highly doubt this is the problem)
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #8644
Tech Fanatic
 
DHMOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Central IL.
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Hi,

a friend of mine has a problem with his new RS: sometimes after standing still on the starting line for 30+ sec the motor won't run and he'll miss the start. It's strange because he ran a few warmup laps before that and it was OK, but after taking starting position you have to unload the rear tires to make the motor run, after that the whole run is OK.

Using 2S Lipo in World GT with newest software updated, Tekin Redline 17.5T motor, temp is fine, usually under 60C.

Has anybody seen something simillar?
I had the same thing happen to me this past weekend. After going thru everything found to be the sensor wire. I unplugged it and plugged it in a few times on the speedo and problem solved. All my stuff, motor speedo combo was new. First time out with it in the WGT this past weekend.. After that all was good. Hopefully thats your problem too.. Hope this helps..
__________________
Trinity / Team Epic / ReVtech Batteries / TRC / F-Bomb Graphix
DHMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #8645
Tech Regular
 
Casey Belarde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
You need the booster or receiver pack to get everything to function properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
I've emailed Ty @ Tekins a months ago. Going with 1S lipos. You do have to install a booster, or a battery pack, one or the other, but not both. Hotwire do ck on 1S lipo. He say www.tqcells.com has a good one.

Good Luck!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop by Doc's house tonight picked up a TQ booster badda bing like magic everthing is working now

thank you for all your help!!!
Casey Belarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #8646
Tech Adept
 
mattyau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mattyau Send a message via Yahoo to mattyau
Default

could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire
__________________
.:T2'009:.
mattyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #8647
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyau View Post
could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire
I've been racing with a final drive of 4.6 in my RCGT and have been faster than most on the straights. NiMH 3600, Tekin RS, Tekin Redline 21.5, 10 deg on the can, 15 boost, 10 turbo, .7 delay. I experimented in the parking garage with less timing (especially down low) and a 4.2 final drive, but results were inconclusive.

final = internal * spur / pinion
pinion = internal * spur / final
spur = final * pinion / internal

A 26T pinion would give you 4.6. An 89 spur would with the same pinion would also give you 4.6.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #8648
Tech Adept
 
mattyau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mattyau Send a message via Yahoo to mattyau
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
I've been racing with a final drive of 4.6 in my RCGT and have been faster than most on the straights. NiMH 3600, Tekin RS, Tekin Redline 21.5, 10 deg on the can, 15 boost, 10 turbo, .7 delay. I experimented in the parking garage with less timing (especially down low) and a 4.2 final drive, but results were inconclusive.

final = internal * spur / pinion
pinion = internal * spur / final
spur = final * pinion / internal

A 26T pinion would give you 4.6. An 89 spur would with the same pinion would also give you 4.6.

-Mike
cheers mike, i think i got 26t around. ill give it ago next chance i get
__________________
.:T2'009:.
mattyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #8649
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
No, it's smart adaptive control. I'm sure as the motor load lightens it increases timing. This also helps keep the motor operating at its highest efficiency thus using less battery power.

Hopefully this is what Tekin is working on and that the current Micro in the Rs can handle the computational needs.
I'm more than sure it won't take much to see what's components are inside the ESC and what it does for Tekin to come up with an answer...

If you understand an engineers mind, it is all just a mind game to "crack the code" and, naturally...


improve it

And then refine it!
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #8650
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyau View Post
could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire

How big is the track? does it has a long sweeper, or is a U turn after the straightaway?
I believe you are way off your gearing... unless your track is really really big...

on a 90 feet straight with a long sweeper, you could try a FDR 5.4 and adjust from there according to temps...
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #8651
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyau View Post
could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire
A good place to start is around 5.0 check your temps and adjust from there. Good luck.
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #8652
Tech Master
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Belarde View Post
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop by Doc's house tonight picked up a TQ booster badda bing like magic everthing is working now

thank you for all your help!!!
No problem. I experienced something similar when converting over to 1S.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #8653
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

I'd like to see some 17.5 setups that are working out for you guys. I'm pretty happy with mine right now, but would like to see what's working for you guys. Post track size and tire type as well.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #8654
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

I'm hoping to get some in the next few weeks
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #8655
Tech Apprentice
 
Clint161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Langley B.C.
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I'd like to see some 17.5 setups that are working out for you guys. I'm pretty happy with mine right now, but would like to see what's working for you guys. Post track size and tire type as well.
+1
I can't get mine figured out.
5.0 fdr, 8 motor, 20 boost, max turbo, .5 sec. tekin 17.5 motor. What I've found works best for me but lacking punch..... big time!
Clint161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net