Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
for those that have multiple rs/rs pro's and using hotwire, are there any problems doing this? for example if i have a rs in a 1/12 scale and a second rs in a tc, will there be any issues running off the same hotwire/computer?

i thought i read something about once you check the 1s box you can't uncheck it? so how would you then make changes to the 2s tc?
You can use one hotwire and computer on as many Tekin ESC's you like, there are no limitations or restrictions.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

for those that have multiple rs/rs pro's and using hotwire, are there any problems doing this? for example if i have a rs in a 1/12 scale and a second rs in a tc, will there be any issues running off the same hotwire/computer?

i thought i read something about once you check the 1s box you can't uncheck it? so how would you then make changes to the 2s tc?
nope not a problem here. i have 1s 12th 13.5, 2s 13.5 sedan, 2s 17.5 sedan.... all off the same computer. i ues the hot wire on both my lap tops. 1 is xp other is vista.... i change them at home to get first run in with vista. then at the track i have my other pc (xp) to make changes as the day goes along withpout any problems... hope this helps.... jeremy
Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't really speak on the 1S checkbox(haven't had need of it yet), but I haven't heard anything about it not being able to go back to 2S(& I think that'd be pretty counter-productive to do that, I don't think Tekin would design an ESC that could only make an adjustment once in its life)...
But aside from that, I can say I have two of them(a regular & a Pro, both in my Tamiya touring cars), & when you plug each one in & start the software up, it takes ANY ESC as a unique one, reads its settings & displaying them right off, so you can see & make any needed adjustments, & those only apply to the ESC plugged in at that time. The software has no idea how many ESC's you have, so it just takes 'em all on on a case-by-case basis....
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I understand that if the timing is applied all the way through the rev range, it would be like a CVT, and that would help in the infield. But, if the Tekin is applying (say) 45 deg timing at full speed, and the AE BD is doing the same, then why is the AE BD powered car faster in a straight line? Are you saying the AE BD applies more timing? If so, how do they overcome the heat issues with so much more timing? I don't think this is a timing issue alone.
The AE may actually have a higher timing advance in it's software than the Tekin does. Some oval drivers have said they think the reason it is faster in 1s is that it has higher timing to compensate for the lack of voltage. This may also be bore out by the observation that AE equipped cars seem to be running smaller pinions than average. Also the Mamba Pro esc is known for sure to be using mass amounts of timing, and it is supposedly the only thing the oval guys have found that is close to the AE.

That being said, if the AE is doing this while looking at RPM, or throttle position or another factor, they may be able to reduce the heat. CS used to make an brush esc called the "Rocket" if I remember right that varied the drive frequency based on how quick the trigger pull was. This may be a similar sort of thinking at work, even if it is looking at another parameter.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

the esc save it the hot wire just access it nothing is saved in the pc
Old 12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

anybody know the numbers on the capacitor that comes with the rs and rs pro?
im looking for a capacitor that will work for this speed passion 1.1 esc.
im hearing 2200uf 25v 105 degree is what i need...but a friend says he has a rs pro capacitor that i could get.just need to know if it will work.

thx,
matt
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Shouldn't be a problem using multiple units with the same PC and/or hotwire, and the 1S selection isn't a permanent change. I've swapped my ESC between my 1/12 scale and TC several times, and never encountered any problems.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Setting up a DX3R

It was posted awhile back about setting up a DX3R and I can't find it.

How do you do it when you setup a speedo to get the maximum out of the radio?

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

The advance has a dynamic voltage system.

I must translate it first before I can tell more.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lidebt2
It was posted awhile back about setting up a DX3R and I can't find it.

How do you do it when you setup a speedo to get the maximum out of the radio?

Thanks for any help.
set your EPA to 90%.
Than calibrate your speedo and than set your EPA to 100%
But it is not necessary with the V200. I still do it to be shore but I drove also without doing it and it didn't made a difference. Both worked good.
Set all the TH settings to max also your brake.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
anybody know the numbers on the capacitor that comes with the rs and rs pro?
im looking for a capacitor that will work for this speed passion 1.1 esc.
im hearing 2200uf 25v 105 degree is what i need...but a friend says he has a rs pro capacitor that i could get.just need to know if it will work.

thx,
matt
I used a 4700 16V for mod.
The original is 1000 16V if I'm right. 2 of them for mod is good.
For stock is 1 enough.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default esc voltage output

Originally Posted by mikky32
The reason why the AE speedo is faster than the other speedo's, is not by the great timing but by the Voltage.
The speedo changes the Voltages to the motor and higher's it.
This way you get more power especially combined with the dynamic timing this is very fast.
The speed difference between 6V and 7,4V is by top speed almost the same but acceleration is a big difference.

I checked the rules of my club and the speedo is there fore forbidden ad my club.
I don't now how it's with the EFRA and ROAR.

I don't now if Tekin can change the voltage by software but if it can, it would be great. Buy club races it's forbidden but by the National championship it's allowed for what I now.
I am curious, is that what has been said, or is it a known fact about the voltage increase? If it increases the voltage, I would think that it breaks the rules. and if this is not a rule, it should be. The speed control should only be able to put out a voltage equal to or lower than the battery voltage. Pretty simple.

I have only heard theories from others that the voltage has been increased, no proof of this. Even the developer of the black diamond esc has stated that there is no voltage increase.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...inions-22.html

Post #316
Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldrcr
I am curious, is that what has been said, or is it a known fact about the voltage increase? If it increases the voltage, I would think that it breaks the rules. and if this is not a rule, it should be. The speed control should only be able to put out a voltage equal to or lower than the battery voltage. Pretty simple.

I have only heard theories from others that the voltage has been increased, no proof of this. Even the developer of the black diamond esc has stated that there is no voltage increase.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...inions-22.html

Post #316
No that's not right.
It was a mistake from me.
I didn't understand the explanation correct.
The speedo has a dynamic voltage curve but will never be higher than the Voltage of the lipo.

What I can say it changes the voltage and the timing depending the power that the motor need to accelerate. How exactly it works I don't now.

I removed it but I see you were to fast for me.

For the latest info I have the speedo is currently tested by the IFMAR, ROAR and EFRA.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
No that's not right.
It was a mistake from me.
I didn't understand the explanation correct.
The speedo has a dynamic voltage curve but will never be higher than the Voltage of the lipo.

What I can say it changes the voltage and the timing depending the power that the motor need to accelerate. How exactly it works I don't now.

I removed it but I see you were to fast for me.

For the latest info I have the speedo is currently tested by the IFMAR, ROAR and EFRA.
sorry, didn't mean to call you out on the info, I wasn't sure if you had found out something new that said that they were actually voltage boosting.

I would think that anything that is being done with the black diamond esc would be able to be replicated via software, which is why I like the Tekin esc so much. Now if they could speed up the progress on the new version of hotwire software to adapt to the competiton.
they did make life difficult by their choice of OS to use for the programming of the hotwire/RS system.

Anyway, the sooner the better, so we can see more of these
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
That being said, if the AE is doing this while looking at RPM, or throttle position or another factor, they may be able to reduce the heat. CS used to make an brush esc called the "Rocket" if I remember right that varied the drive frequency based on how quick the trigger pull was. This may be a similar sort of thinking at work, even if it is looking at another parameter.
that's what I was thinking...

I don't see it being simply a timing thing, as when we have tried 15 on the motor, 30 on the boost and 15 on the turbo all we get is a lot of heat and not the same top speed. Whatever they've done is clever, and will mean everyone else has to do it too. I can wait for Tekin...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.