Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Tried 2s, 1s with booster, still nothing. Steering servo works fine , so I dont think the RX needs to be recalibrated.

I can press the mode button upon startup, the led's blink and then nothing.

As for software, I don't know what it has, nor do I have Hotwire.
Do a recal anyway. press mode for approximately 3 second it will start beeping, it will continue to beep, till it find neutral, Fast beep, then steady beep, pull thottle to full till it fast beep, when it beep steady afain, push for brake till it beep steadily. ESC will shut down itself. then when it chimes is in memory. and 4th LED will glow.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I recalibrated everything once I figured out the esc would work when the sensor wire wasn't plugged in. But, that is not the problem. Like I said, the esc worked fine in the B44 ( different motor)

With the sensor wire plugged in ( tried a few sensor wires , so it's not the wire itself) , the esc will not turn on.

With the sensor wire unplugged, the esc will turn on.

I"m chalking this one up as a bad motor. I bought it off here, seller said it worked fine. However, when I get it, the end cap was somewhat warped ( almost like it got hot), but again, he said it worked fine. And, today was the first time I put power to the motor.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
I recalibrated everything once I figured out the esc would work when the sensor wire wasn't plugged in. But, that is not the problem. Like I said, the esc worked fine in the B44 ( different motor)

With the sensor wire plugged in ( tried a few sensor wires , so it's not the wire itself) , the esc will not turn on.

With the sensor wire unplugged, the esc will turn on.

I"m chalking this one up as a bad motor. I bought it off here, seller said it worked fine. However, when I get it, the end cap was somewhat warped ( almost like it got hot), but again, he said it worked fine. And, today was the first time I put power to the motor.
RS/RSpro designed to work with or without the sensor wire. maybe bad motor. When replacing the motor alway recheck calibration Brushless has different home position with the TX.. Also check and recharge your lipo.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I got about 20 minutes of practice in with a RS Pro and a 13.5 running Touring Car.

I started off at a 5.79 FDR, Profile 4, Boost all the way up, Turbo at 20 and the car didn't have the rip i was hoping for.

I didn't have any timing in the motor and I was coming off around 155.

Can anyone suggest my next move to get more rip...

I was thinking dropping 2 maybe 3 teeth and bumping the timing in my motor up???

Any thoughts
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy
I got about 20 minutes of practice in with a RS Pro and a 13.5 running Touring Car.

I started off at a 5.79 FDR, Profile 4, Boost all the way up, Turbo at 20 and the car didn't have the rip i was hoping for.

I was thinking dropping 2 maybe 3 teeth and bumping the timing in my motor up???

Any thoughts

That may not be necessary.
Most people (including Tekin themselves) recommend exactly the opposite. Turn your timing boost down as much as possible (I run next to no boost with zero timing on the motor) and bump up the turbo (if you feel you need more speed).

Remember a motor with a lot of timing doesn't spool up as fast.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy

Any thoughts
Set up your ESC with these steps:
Step 1. Set your boost. To do so, set turbo at 10, turbo delay at 1 sec. Play with the boost to get the best infield speed of your car. Start with 0 on motor and 15 on ESC and increase ESC by 5 at a time. When you are satisfied with your infield speed and response of the car, go to step 2.
Step 2. Set up your gearing. To do so, run your car for 3 minutes and measure the temperature of your motor. If should be around 80 deg. Celsius.
Step 3. Set up your Turbo Delay. No you start worry about the speed in the main straight. You set the turbo delay in a way that you see your car accelerating smoothly along the whole main, which means you do see only one acceleration, not two.
Step 4. Set up your Turbo. Do this by increasing turbo by 5 at a time until you can see the car gets faster in the main straight.

You have to go through these steps to get the best performance from your car.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Do a recal anyway. press mode for approximately 3 second it will start beeping, it will continue to beep, till it find neutral, Fast beep, then steady beep, pull thottle to full till it fast beep, when it beep steady afain, push for brake till it beep steadily. ESC will shut down itself. then when it chimes is in memory. and 4th LED will glow.
hai guys, iam from malaysia near singpore, just bought rspro the problem is every time i want to play i must push mode button btw rs pro must use tekin hot wire?
(press mode for approximately 3 second it will start beeping, it will continue to beep, till it find neutral, Fast beep, then steady beep, pull thottle to full till it fast beep, when it beep steady afain, push for brake till it beep steadily. ESC will shut down itself. then when it chimes is in memory. and 4th LED will glow) u mean with moto or not btw i follow the step by step as shown in manual pls guys help me
Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
I would like to thank Tekin for the awesome power I had with the RS at the Australian National titles over the weekend, placing 4th in the A main.

I was chasing set up all weekend and ended up qualifying in 7th place. In the finals I lowered the turbo delay to .2 seconds and the car was a missile down the long back straight.

I ended up with two 3rd placings in the A main and it would have been 3 but I moved slightly on the line and deemed to have jumped it and was docked 1 lap.

Moving through the field from 7th in each run was done on the straight, even when 4-10 car lengths behind the car in front of me I could pass down the straight every time.

Awesome speedy when you get the sweet spot
were you running stock

if so that was some great racing

what gearing were you using

as i thought .2 delay would have come on way to early for such along straight
Old 11-23-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oze
run your car for 3 minutes and measure the temperature of your motor. It should be around 80 deg. Celsius.
That's too hot for a brushless motor!

Skiddins
Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

That (80deg) is what Tekin Team recommends as optimal for their redline motors. LRP motors at our track are often temped above that.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alangking_306
hai guys, iam from malaysia near singpore, just bought rspro the problem is every time i want to play i must push mode button btw rs pro must use tekin hot wire?
(press mode for approximately 3 second it will start beeping, it will continue to beep, till it find neutral, Fast beep, then steady beep, pull thottle to full till it fast beep, when it beep steady afain, push for brake till it beep steadily. ESC will shut down itself. then when it chimes is in memory. and 4th LED will glow) u mean with moto or not btw i follow the step by step as shown in manual pls guys help me
What radio are you using?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
What radio are you using?
futaba 3pks fast, thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alangking_306
I always thought the 4th LED was the starting point that everything was calibrated correctly. Also the starting point the onboard temp gauge for the ESC.

you can adjust useing the LED's. Hotwire for fine adjustment, hidden files, like timing & turbo adjustments

Last edited by Geezatec; 11-23-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Well, just went and bought a new 17.5 motor and everything works fine now.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nosram, GM and Speed Passion have all bought a "new" motor out for 1/10th racing.
Do Tekin have any new motors in the pipe line?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.