R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #8116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

as randy says almost all our 1/12 guys are running push in our setups for stock and superstock. most are 50 or more on push. if your setup on the radio normall has any creep in it, then turn that all the way down and run push. you are right, with any push you have 0 drag brake, but stock and superstock, most run 0 drag brake. even our tc guys are running push in their setup for superstock rubber and foam tc.
you guys should try push. you will be surprised how fast the car gets through corners. turbo is nice, but push yields an overall faster car. there are more corners then straights in most layouts i have run on.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #8117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
It is not the radio voltage that is low, but rather the signal the RS is seeing from the receiver is low. Before the RS will power the motor it needs to see neutral for a couple seconds when you first turn it on. This prevents runaway cars if you, say, have the wrong model selected on your radio or your holding full throttle accidentally. If you have an old radio or have your neutral bandwidth on the esc set very low you will have issues.
Ok, not sure why I said voltage but I meant signal. I do have my neutral bandwith set pretty small so I will try widening it a little to see if that solves the problem. Thank you.
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #8118
Tech Master

@yang
what value of push you recommend for stock TC
cheers
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #8119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks everyone that answer about the push control, I'm heading to the track right now, so I'll give it a try and see if lap times goes lower

Thanks
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #8120
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

try 10 and see how it feels,it all depends on how you drive
Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #8121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
@yang
what value of push you recommend for stock TC
cheers
i am not running and tc at the moment. but let me grab dumas' shui and see what he has for rubber 13.5. we have our fall classic race this weekend. dumas has not put a bunch of working in his tc yet, but he should be in the vacinity to get a good starting point. i will post when i get a chance. i can tell ya in 1/12 with 3.7v i am running a lot of push. for stock and wgt i am running like 85 and in 13.5 like 68.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #8122

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

never tried push (2wd mod is usual suspect for me, onroad is coming though)...for 2wd i usually leave reverse in for practice. i'd prolly do the same for offroad practice. is there a way for both to coexist. i know some old speedos u could hold the brake at the start to keep it from creepin and not engage reverse (unless u let go and hit it again).

likely scenario is that i'd have to remove reverse for race time so to safely and securely use 'brake' to keep car from creeping on the grid.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #8123
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Use MT 2 which is reverse delay. This will give you push control as well as having brakes and reverse.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #8124
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
as randy says almost all our 1/12 guys are running push in our setups for stock and superstock. most are 50 or more on push. if your setup on the radio normall has any creep in it, then turn that all the way down and run push. you are right, with any push you have 0 drag brake, but stock and superstock, most run 0 drag brake. even our tc guys are running push in their setup for superstock rubber and foam tc.
you guys should try push. you will be surprised how fast the car gets through corners. turbo is nice, but push yields an overall faster car. there are more corners then straights in most layouts i have run on.
Man...I just don't see how you guys do it with push control on. Must be a high end driver thing. These things roll a ton off throttle already with BL so I end up using quite a bit of drag brake myself.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #8125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am looking at the downloadable software for the Tekin RS Pro and all i saw on the Tekin website was version 198, but all of the Team Drivers set up sheet show version 200???

Is 200 only available to the Team Guys
anotherrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #8126
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Man...I just don't see how you guys do it with push control on. Must be a high end driver thing. These things roll a ton off throttle already with BL so I end up using quite a bit of drag brake myself.
The brushed guy use push control. Brushless we turn it off, Push control with brushless is used for brake strength. Brushless I go deeper in the corner, is great.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #8127
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

can someone redirect me to the Team drivers setup sheets for an RSPro.

I would like to compeed in a local competition tomorrow, running a 1/10 touring with a 17.5 brushless Orion motor or a 24T brushed motor.

Second question: Will the 200-version make a difference if I drive a brushed motor? Or is that latest version only suited for brushless?

thx.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #8128
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherrcguy View Post
I am looking at the downloadable software for the Tekin RS Pro and all i saw on the Tekin website was version 198, but all of the Team Drivers set up sheet show version 200???

Is 200 only available to the Team Guys
I mailed one of the Tekin-guys and he did send me the new version via an email.
If you pass me on your email adress, I'll mail you a copy of that mail with the soft and explanation included.
(my e-mail is ludodg AT gmail.com , name: Ludo De Greef )
Old 11-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #8129
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
The brushed guy use push control. Brushless we turn it off, Push control with brushless is used for brake strength. Brushless I go deeper in the corner, is great.
Yang was talking about brushless...not brushed. Note in his 2nd post on this page he mentions using it with a 13.5.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #8130
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Could someone please email me a copy of the latest software? [email protected] Thanks.