Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you use brakes? i use the boards to slow myself down.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dondor
you use brakes? i use the boards to slow myself down.
I do that too or lean onto another car inside a turn. Don't waste battery.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
I believe this is not the best idea, as the time, money and effort it takes to make a 27T brushed motor as fast as a Tekin 17.5 v200 is not worth it. by the time you have skimmed the comm, changed the brushes, re-aligned the brush-hoods, re centered the armature in the magnetic field etc. etc. you have already spent money just on keeping the motor in a top condition!! and then on top of that you would probably want another spare motor or two ready to go... I have alot of my racing experience in the brushed era so i appreciate brushless and lipo alot more then most racers on these boards, with motor+battery maintenance eliminated we can focus more on chassis setup.

In short running 27t brushed in my view is a massive step backwards, we want the new generation of racers to adapt to the new technology, not go out and buy a gun brushed speedy only to find out its not compatible with their brand spankin 17.5 when they do decide to upgrade.. besides here in OZ the price of an RS 17.5 combo is about the same price as most of the top speedys with no motor!!
Here the drivers have a speedo for brushed but not for Brushless.
It are some young drivers that don't have the money for it.
A brushed motor cost here about 25 euro wile a combo set brushless cost here more than 200 euro's.
Prices here are not so low as in other country's and at the border they watch to see if they can urn something on you.
As the Brushless is faster, we make it slower. In that class I setup all the Tekin speedo's. Some have sensorless so I was thinking to drive all in dual mode or set the Turbo lower.
I have still all my brushed things so I can help them with that. You still see a lot of brushed motors around here.
My country starts next year with lipo!! Yes we are behind.
The standard class is also for the drivers to learn to drive and have some fun. Most of them come to drive one time to see if they like it.
To prevent that they must spend a lot of money, we let them drive with the brushed motors.
Most of them when they stay switch over to Brushless.
We will see if there is a big difference between the motors.
I think that there is already a big difference between the speedo's.
Most switched already to Tekin to be ready for the 17,5T.
other drivers don't care if they are slower. They do it for the fun.
The ones that want to win have all a Tekin and now they are waiting to see witch motor I take. They all want the same motor as me and dome of them even want to buy the same car as I have and the same lipo's.
They want to bead me. I drove a few races in that class last couple of years and I won them all but the drivers in that class get faster and faster wile i'm getting older and not faster We have some good young drivers and I think that they will beat me this year. I don't have the fastest lap time in that class so it will not take long and they are winning from me.

I go back to that class because I'm at the moment the one that helps the race leader and the technical part of the race. If all the cars are ok.
Now all the drivers come to me when they have a problem and the race leader don't now what to do or if there is a problem with the car. This cost me a lot of time and it was not good for my racing, so I step back a class.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Brushed vs. brushless

There are plenty of "Old School" racers out there that just like to play with their brushed motors and NiMh battery's. There is no harm to the sport, just don't force me !
Old 10-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

brake setting on the hotwire is like epa.. if you set it for 30, you are only getting 30% of the brakes...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Here the drivers have a speedo for brushed but not for Brushless.
It are some young drivers that don't have the money for it.
A brushed motor cost here about 25 euro wile a combo set brushless cost here more than 200 euro's.
Prices here are not so low as in other country's and at the border they watch to see if they can urn something on you.
As the Brushless is faster, we make it slower. In that class I setup all the Tekin speedo's. Some have sensorless so I was thinking to drive all in dual mode or set the Turbo lower.
I have still all my brushed things so I can help them with that. You still see a lot of brushed motors around here.
My country starts next year with lipo!! Yes we are behind.
The standard class is also for the drivers to learn to drive and have some fun. Most of them come to drive one time to see if they like it.
To prevent that they must spend a lot of money, we let them drive with the brushed motors.
Most of them when they stay switch over to Brushless.
We will see if there is a big difference between the motors.
I think that there is already a big difference between the speedo's.
Most switched already to Tekin to be ready for the 17,5T.
other drivers don't care if they are slower. They do it for the fun.
The ones that want to win have all a Tekin and now they are waiting to see witch motor I take. They all want the same motor as me and dome of them even want to buy the same car as I have and the same lipo's.
They want to bead me. I drove a few races in that class last couple of years and I won them all but the drivers in that class get faster and faster wile i'm getting older and not faster We have some good young drivers and I think that they will beat me this year. I don't have the fastest lap time in that class so it will not take long and they are winning from me.

I go back to that class because I'm at the moment the one that helps the race leader and the technical part of the race. If all the cars are ok.
Now all the drivers come to me when they have a problem and the race leader don't now what to do or if there is a problem with the car. This cost me a lot of time and it was not good for my racing, so I step back a class.
i also want to be envied upon
Old 10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

I love Brushless and lipo. Never brushed and cells for me.

I finally found a good setup for my Tekin indoor with a 10,5 Lipo.
The car goes fast.
I finally got below the 12sec. my fastest lap was a 11,650sec.
3th fastest on the track.
Here is my setup.
Boost 20
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,5 but I'm going to set it to 0,6
7,3FDR
motor 10,5T LRP
Same top speed and a bit faster acceleration but in the midfield I mis a bit speed but I think with a higher Turbo delay it will be solved.
I started with 0,2 turbo delay but 0,5 went the best.
So I believe that the 0,6 or even the 0,7 will be better.

Tomorrow I'm going to drive again. Than I try that.
See if I can even go faster.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have a new one for ya. I tried to download the latest software that someone posted a link to. It was the Vegas software. Once I downloaded that, the only thing I could get was up to 198. One guy has already sent me the latest vesion throu an e-mail, but still the only thing that comes up is 198, and I know its working for him. When I did the latest download and brought up the hotwire, it said something about the user values being outside the expected range. Anyone have a clue whats going on? I wanted to go racing, but I really don't want to go offroading with 198 and no turbo.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Hey guys, I have a new one for ya. I tried to download the latest software that someone posted a link to. It was the Vegas software. Once I downloaded that, the only thing I could get was up to 198. One guy has already sent me the latest vesion throu an e-mail, but still the only thing that comes up is 198, and I know its working for him. When I did the latest download and brought up the hotwire, it said something about the user values being outside the expected range. Anyone have a clue whats going on? I wanted to go racing, but I really don't want to go offroading with 198 and no turbo.
For some reason the link that was posted here for the Vegas version didn't also work for me. My buddy sent me a copy of what Randy sent him. It worked.

Have you tried uninstalling the old version then install the new one?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have an RS that they want to get rid of? Pm me!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil
For some reason the link that was posted here for the Vegas version didn't also work for me. My buddy sent me a copy of what Randy sent him. It worked.

Have you tried uninstalling the old version then install the new one?
Yes I did that. As of right now, I don't have turbo or anything like that. Still stuck on 198. It doesn't even list any other version.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Yes I did that. As of right now, I don't have turbo or anything like that. Still stuck on 198. It doesn't even list any other version.
PM me your email. I'll send you a copy. Vista?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil
PM me your email. I'll send you a copy. Vista?
No, XP. Thats what kills me. It had the turbo on it before, now it won't list anything higher than 198.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

No, XP. Thats what kills me. It had the turbo on it before, now it won't list anything higher than 198.
YGPM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i used the link and have everything,thats weird why you dont mudvayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.